• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All Christians should be a vegan like tonychat !

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's a very wise choice. Japanese have endorsed Santa in big way and now even Communist Chinese have gotten Santa into their year end celebrations.

Cheers!

It's not Japanese have endorsed Christmas its because Christmas is a lame excuse for making ppl spend money :wink: and the Japanese know that :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not Japanese have endorsed Christmas its because Christmas is a lame excuse for making ppl spend money :wink: and the Japanese know that :wink:

All cultures (at least those in the temperate north have their cold weather/end of farming season celebrations, way before capitalism came to be. With the industrial revolution, mass production, capitalism simply went a notch higher. And along came Coca Cola. The red and white man fit in nicely, and after WW2, Japan adopted much of western culture.

Cheers!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All cultures (at least those in the temperate north have their cold weather/end of farming season celebrations, way before capitalism came to be. With the industrial revolution, mass production, capitalism simply went a notch higher. And along came Coca Cola. The red and white man fit in nicely, and after WW2, Japan adopted much of western culture.

Cheers!

Yes younger generation of Japanese do adopted western culture but only on the surface ( Music , fashion , food ) but Deep inside they are still very japanese .

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes younger generation of Japanese do adopted western culture but only on the surface ( Music , fashion , food ) but Deep inside they are still very japanese .

That's what I admire about the Nips. They were fast to catch onto the technology of the industrial revolution and picked it up with efficiency. In a very short time, they matched the originators and challenged them (fucking beat Russia in their war), while at the same time, retained their culture and identity. Too bad for those Christian missionaries who landed in Japan, they had their heads lobbed off by Jepun katanas. Despite their progress, I have to admit they (this generation) are extremely polite and courteous. I can't be like that though.

Cheers!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's what I admire about the Nips. They were fast to catch onto the technology of the industrial revolution and picked it up with efficiency. In a very short time, they matched the originators and challenged them (fucking beat Russia in their war), while at the same time, retained their culture and identity. Too bad for those Christian missionaries who landed in Japan, they had their heads lobbed off by Jepun katanas. Despite their progress, I have to admit they (this generation) are extremely polite and courteous. I can't be like that though.

Cheers!

You are right , but the funny thing is those Japanese do not need religion to teach them how to behave ( although Japan is a Buddhist country but most of them don't pray to stone ) . I'm really glad that most Japanese is not religious ppl . By the way Christian missionaries did penetrate into Japan soil but luckily the impact cannot be felt in Japan . And I'm also glad that its difficult to find hala food in Japan !!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to visit Japan. Too bad I can't afford to go there, unless my company gets a Jap principal, I don't think I will get a chance to go. Nah, you don't need religion to behave yourself, just principles and common sense, and respect for others. Had a Japanese female colleague who'd habitually put down Japanese men (she had a Caucasian bf) whom I'd often tease what does whale meat taste like to which she'd get all fumed up. In a nutshell, I like things Japanese and the way they portray themselves (although my Ah Kong would disagree). Most of all, I like Japan for their motorbikes.

Cheers!

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would love to visit Japan. Too bad I can't afford to go there, unless my company gets a Jap principal, I don't think I will get a chance to go. Nah, you don't need religion to behave yourself, just principles and common sense, and respect for others. Had a Japanese female colleague who'd habitually put down Japanese men (she had a Caucasian bf) whom I'd often tease what does whale meat taste like to which she'd get all fumed up. In a nutshell, I like things Japanese and the way they portray themselves (although my Ah Kong would disagree). Most of all, I like Japan for their motorbikes.

Cheers!

Bro Japan is not as expensive as what you thought it is . Anybody can afford to go Japan for holiday . Infact I find London is more expensive then Japan . More then 10 years ago when I was backpacking in London I can only afford to eat burger , sandwich and keba on the street everyday .

Yes you are right nowadays alot of Japanese marry foreigner not only angmo but married to Asian ppl . I know a Japanese who travel to Thailand for holiday meet one of the beach boy in Phuket and decided to stay there with him . They even got married and have a son . very cool couple and helpful ( they didn't charge me for repairing my surf board ) , both are also surfers . She also dont like Japanese man hahahahaha .

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know what your issue on the Japanese vs Christmas....but for once, I fully agree with you....and Punisher you are 100% right...Christmas is a lame excuse for makng people spend money; it has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Christmas is a pagan holiday, a pagan belief, pagans' worship of sun-god. Absolutely nothing to do with the birth of Christ!

Punisher...thanks for the message and God bless.

Psalm23

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was still single, I should have done that, but now my family's needs takes priority to where I allocate money. Doesn't matter, seen quite a bit in my life, much more than my dad (who's pre-marital overseas trip was while working on a sailing junk to Borneo). Perhaps the current generation will see/do more. I have younger cousins from Oz who last year spent their holidays in Iceland! Lucky bums. Anyways, my last productive years wish to keep my job and hopefully during my last years I can restore a 70s model Jap motorbike and perhaps have the ability to do some freshwater fishing. Life's been good, I think.

Cheers!

Bro Japan is not as expensive as what you thought it is . Anybody can afford to go Japan for holiday . Infact I find London is more expensive then Japan . More then 10 years ago when I was backpacking in London I can only afford to eat burger , sandwich and keba on the street everyday .....................

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't know what your issue on the Japanese vs Christmas....but for once, I fully agree with you....and Punisher you are 100% right...Christmas is a lame excuse for makng people spend money; it has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Christmas is a pagan holiday, a pagan belief, pagans' worship of sun-god. Absolutely nothing to do with the birth of Christ!

Punisher...thanks for the message and God bless.

Psalm23

Did I read wrongly ? You become very wise . you are saved !! :wink:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I was still single, I should have done that, but now my family's needs takes priority to where I allocate money. Doesn't matter, seen quite a bit in my life, much more than my dad (who's pre-marital overseas trip was while working on a sailing junk to Borneo). Perhaps the current generation will see/do more. I have younger cousins from Oz who last year spent their holidays in Iceland! Lucky bums. Anyways, my last productive years wish to keep my job and hopefully during my last years I can restore a 70s model Jap motorbike and perhaps have the ability to do some freshwater fishing. Life's been good, I think.

Cheers!

Didn't know you also love vintage bike :wink: . I love vintage bike too . yes we only live once so we must enjoy ourselves to the fullest and live life with no regrets . At lease when we are in our death bed we have good memories .

Ritchie

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Christianity, human and animals are from the creation of God. Why dun they eat human but eating animals. They have to love themselves. They may not aware that some animals are enjoying bibilical study themselves in different way, not the orthodox approach of Christianity in human form. :biggrin:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh I forgot. Have seen youtube videos from some town where human foetuses are a delicacy. I wonder if they become vegetarians will they still have a mock-veggie human foetus?

Cheers!

Our tonychat might be interested to try if have mock veggie human foetus :wink:

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to Christianity, human and animals are from the creation of God. Why dun they eat human but eating animals. They have to love themselves. They may not aware that some animals are enjoying bibilical study themselves in different way, not the orthodox approach of Christianity in human form. :biggrin:

You are only half-right, Biblically speaking. God created both human and animals (and of course all other things visible and invisible in the whole universe). The difference is that human is created in the image of God, and this set apart us from animals. Animals can eat animals and someimtime they eat their own kind like frogs do, but this is not so for human. Human is unique because we are made in the image of God and God himself had become man through Christ Jesus.

Psalm23

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Indeed I am wise - in the eyes of God! But fool in his heart has said that there is no God (Psalm 14:1; 53:1).

Psalm23

Romans 1:22 ESV : Claiming to be wise, they became fools :wink: whahahhaha . Praise you a bit you take the bait :wink:

This quote lagi best :wink: Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock. Psalms 137:9

Last edited:

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are only half-right, Biblically speaking. God created both human and animals (and of course all other things visible and invisible in the whole universe). The difference is that human is created in the image of God, and this set apart us from animals. Animals can eat animals and someimtime they eat their own kind like frogs do, but this is not so for human. Human is unique because we are made in the image of God and God himself had become man through Christ Jesus.

Psalm23

You go china , human also eat human :wink: . Any prove that god create everything ? Or just from your storybook ? :wink: