• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Airasia has become a Tiger

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to book a tix with Airasia & found the experience frustrating:eek:
What happened to Airasia when did they become another Tiger:( So disappointed.

So I'm going to take a look at Jestar or maybe Scoot:o Anyone have a Scoot experience to share :confused:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tried to book a tix with Airasia & found the experience frustrating:eek:
What happened to Airasia when did they become another Tiger:( So disappointed.

So I'm going to take a look at Jestar or maybe Scoot:o Anyone have a Scoot experience to share :confused:

Scoot is definitely than airasia and jetstar.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe send a tweet to Tony Fernandes and complain?

Actually I wanted to do that & joined facebook & started to write about the experience but I'm new to facebook. So it may take a while before I get the hang of it.

As CEO he should be aware of what's going on in his own company & if he has to hear it from an outsider then he is not paying attention.

My problem is very basic, the inability to pay with my VISA card. The system will not allowed me to enter "#" in the address field. This is the 1st time I've ever faced this problem. The system gives an invalid field error message:confused::confused: How is anyone suppose to know that they can't enter "#" :o

I only found out because I called their tel. number which is reserved for their "Premier" customers:eek: By the way a premier customer is someone who who is taking a flight which is 4+ hours.
There is no other way to contact the company.

After going through all that. The system wouldn't accept my credit card. Probably because the entered address didn't match the billing address which contains the offending ending "#" symbol.
All these problems didn't exist in the past. Now one has to through all the little extras: checked luggage $, preferential seating $ , travel insurance $, in flight food $,...before finding out there's a problem:(

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not allowed me to enter "#"..didn't match the billing address which contains the offending ending "#" symbol.Now one has to through all the little extras: checked luggage $, preferential seating $ , travel insurance $, in :(
That's budget travel for you. Also only point to point ie no connectivity, re-checkin again (out of arrivals and back to departure again even if between flights). Everything ala carte, like new Tune hotels ..pay for blankets too I hear.

On A Asia, register as member (free) and your particulars pop right up without having to re-key in (but for plastic #). Can check or modify bookings. Your beef on # is 'alien' to m&ds.

Except for promos, you'll be pleasantly surprised that regular airlines are not too far off (maybe just as competitive too). Work on cashflow principle, get your money EARLY for advance bookings ahead (with prices UP closer to travel dates).

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Scoot is definitely than airasia and jetstar.

go for scoot, on time and better service

Took a look at Scoot & the biggest issue I see is with their schedule.
They only have flights that reach Bangkok in the evening. :( I don't like to go to Bangkok just to sleep:p

Looks like I'll be flying with Jetstar :smile:

Looking at all the different places they fly to I think I'll give them some extra bizness & do some more travelling & shopping :biggrin:

ChiKopPow

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never tried scoot before but recently their promo not had. Second to that I will go for jetstar.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Except for promos, you'll be pleasantly surprised that regular airlines are not too far off (maybe just as competitive too). Work on cashflow principle, get your money EARLY for advance bookings ahead (with prices UP closer to travel dates).

Everyone should thank Airasia for opening up the travel market, even if they don't fly with Airasia:smile:

The regular airlines were forced to adjusted to the new realities posed by the competition from the budget airlines. While budget airlines are trying to increase the fares by charging for check-in luggage, meals, bathroom use....., the regular airlines are trying to fill their empty seats with good deals. It is a buyers market. With the global economy not doing well, expect the cut throat prices to continue.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Took a look at Scoot & the biggest issue I see is with their schedule.
They only have flights that reach Bangkok in the evening. :( I don't like to go to Bangkok just to sleep:p

Looks like I'll be flying with Jetstar :smile:

Looking at all the different places they fly to I think I'll give them some extra bizness & do some more travelling & shopping :biggrin:

Maybe you can fly home from bkk to sg using scoot instead.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only found out because I called their tel. number which is reserved for their "Premier" customers:eek: By the way a premier customer is someone who who is taking a flight which is 4+ hours.
There is no other way to contact the company.

All these problems didn't exist in the past. Now one has to through all the little extras: checked luggage $, preferential seating $ , travel insurance $, in flight food $,...before finding out there's a problem:(

I thought I saw their ticketing office in Little Myanmar aka Peninsula Plaza facing Funan Centre side. Can try going down to ask. Tiger dun even have a brick and mortar office for ou to walk in.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe you can fly home from bkk to sg using scoot instead.

I was thinking of just getting a one way flight to Bangkok because I don't need to be tied down to a fixed itinerary. As a Sporean I can stay in LOS for 60 days, that should be alot of time to decide what I want to do there:biggrin:

I've always wanted to visit places like Chiangmai, Phuket, Cambodia... Just that I always ran out of time. May even decide to return to Spore via Malaysia taking an overland route.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>My problem is very basic, the inability to pay with my VISA card. The system will not allowed me to enter "#" in the address field. This is the 1st time I've ever faced this problem. The system gives an invalid field error message How is anyone suppose to know that they can't enter "#" > quote

I find your complain a bit strange & rather trivial? I have traveled by Air Asia many times, to BKK, KL, Penang.. if you can't use the '#' on the address line for example, #01-234 Oxley Road..just key in 01-234!. I think I have encountered this before on sites that doesn't accept this, I just omit the '#'.

Are you saying that Jetstar, Scoot accept the "#" on the address line..and because of this, you are not traveling with AirAsia??

The only complain I have with Airasia, was (1) The plane I came back from BKK was full of uncouth PRC's ( what a bummer!) (2) AirAsia checking in counters at KL LCCT is a mess...a 'free for all', when the counters are opened..

Their call number is non-existence, when they first started, there is a number to call them, when you have problems with your booking...now you talk to yourself....
Fernadez is now big shot..no time to answer your concern!!

but the complain is still strange..

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was thinking of just getting a one way flight to Bangkok because I don't need to be tied down to a fixed itinerary. As a Sporean I can stay in LOS for 60 days, that should be alot of time to decide what I want to do there:biggrin:

I've always wanted to visit places like Chiangmai, Phuket, Cambodia... Just that I always ran out of time. May even decide to return to Spore via Malaysia taking an overland route.

Yes that's right no need to plan so fast. I want to try scoot man. Sometimes i fly using the regular thai airways there's not much difference bet that and air asia cept that they serve meals on thai airways but i still need to walk so far to the airline at the bkk side and we needed to get into buses when we touched down at bkk. I thought oinly budget flights needed to take the buses.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought I saw their ticketing office in Little Myanmar aka Peninsula Plaza facing Funan Centre side. Can try going down to ask. Tiger dun even have a brick and mortar office for ou to walk in.

Yes I've visited the AA office back when it was on the 2nd floor & when they moved to the corner of Coleman & North Bridge Rd. I'll probably give Jetstar a try since I've never flown with them before.

Scoot & Jestar use the newer Suvarnabhumi airport. The last time I was there the MRT wasn't running yet. Want to see how good the system is :smile:
Another concern is that Airasia is moving to the Don Muang airport on Oct 1st this year. The move might be messy & I think it would be prudent to avoid them until they've had time to settle down.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>My problem is very basic, the inability to pay with my VISA card. The system will not allowed me to enter "#" in the address field. This is the 1st time I've ever faced this problem. The system gives an invalid field error message How is anyone suppose to know that they can't enter "#" > quote

I find your complain a bit strange & rather trivial? I have traveled by Air Asia many times, to BKK, KL, Penang.. if you can't use the '#' on the address line for example, #01-234 Oxley Road..just key in 01-234!. I think I have encountered this before on sites that doesn't accept this, I just omit the '#'.

Are you saying that Jetstar, Scoot accept the "#" on the address line..and because of this, you are not traveling with AirAsia??

The only complain I have with Airasia, was (1) The plane I came back from BKK was full of uncouth PRC's ( what a bummer!) (2) AirAsia checking in counters at KL LCCT is a mess...a 'free for all', when the counters are opened..

Their call number is non-existence, when they first started, there is a number to call them, when you have problems with your booking...now you talk to yourself....
Fernadez is now big shot..no time to answer your concern!!

but the complain is still strange..

In the past I've never needed to talk to a real person because their system worked. I think they had an email addressed but it was unecessary because I never had any problems. Got to admit it's been a while since I flew with Airasia :o It really surprised me how much has changed for the worst :eek: One would expect such changes in a Spore company but not with a market leader like AA:smile: With such a poor service I think Scoot might have good chance of stealing some business from AA:smile:

However this time around I ran into plenty of problems. Not being able to put in my address the way that it's supposed to be i.e with the "#". All the companies I've dealt with allow the inputting of the "#" why can't Airasia do the same:confused: Unless of course they have lousy programmers:eek: A company like AA caters to the general public & if they make it difficult for the public to book a flight, they are going to lose customers.

The bottom line is that the system rejected my valid VISA card. It is a lose to AA & not to me, since I can simply go to Scoot, Jeststar, etc.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes that's right no need to plan so fast. I want to try scoot man. Sometimes i fly using the regular thai airways there's not much difference bet that and air asia cept that they serve meals on thai airways but i still need to walk so far to the airline at the bkk side and we needed to get into buses when we touched down at bkk. I thought oinly budget flights needed to take the buses.

It's only a 2 hour flight. When I was taking a regular flight to BKK they had to rush through those inflight services like meals. So it's not really worth it to take regular flights. The food in LOS is also better than any food an airline can provide. I always overeat when I'm there :o

It's because of the possibility of having to take buses that I've avoided going to LOS. Had to wait until my health improved because you need to do plenty of walking in LOS:smile:

lee6100

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Fernadez is now big shot..no time to answer your concern!!"

When CEOs get involved with sexy stuff like football clubs and F1 teams, , you can begin to write off their core businesses. Good management time is wasted rubbing shoulders with celebrities.