• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finished makan now. Where do I go next? Hmmmmmmm

Boracay-Adventures-Poseidon-Spa-5_237.JPG

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its been a while since I ate at home. So missed home cook food. This evening came home and really enjoyed the fragrance of the rice. Maid is a good cook. Tonight had grilled red tilapia, broccoli, thai herbs fried with slices of batang fish, tom yam chicken soup.

The grilled red tilapia is first covered with a thick layer of rough sea salt from the mouth stuffed with lemon grass and other thai herb then grilled over charcoal. When cooked remove the layer of salt and then the skin (which had not been descaled). So what you see is meat and lots of delicious meat.

Sounds complicated to cook, the fish should be delicious..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sounds complicated to cook, the fish should be delicious..

ginfreely I assure you this is the most easy thing to cook. Imagine with me. Buy fish, ask them to remove the gills and stomach (most Thais will leave the stomach alone cos can eat), leave the scales alone. Stuff lemon-grass and basil through mouth into cavity of gills and stomach. Mix coarse salt with a little water to give it some body and cover the entire fish with it about 5mm thick. Then grill the fish over charcoal say 15mins for each side. Its this simple. Guess the difficult part is to start burn the charcoal.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For RTKS, is this the restaurant you are refering to? :smile:

Yes yes right place. Stone tables - supposed to be good moo ka ta but I never try that before. Let's eat here if OK with you - I like easy easy.
First I need to find a good bus or rot tu from Suvarnaphum to Pattaya.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maicai, its duck beehoon soup.
Oh I see, Kway Tiow Ped Tun. Have been eating this almost every night but a little guilty cos' order extra duck spare parts.

Joetys, do you think the SG style duck noodle better? I actually like to eat duck noodle with yellow noodle.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes yes right place. Stone tables - supposed to be good moo ka ta but I never try that before. Let's eat here if OK with you - I like easy easy.
First I need to find a good bus or rot tu from Suvarnaphum to Pattaya.
Hehehehe.
This one no problem. There are 2 bus companies coming to Sin City from Suvarnaphum. First one is Roong Rueng, it cost THB 124 and terminates at Jomtien but you can alight anywhere along Sukumvit Road. Second one is Bell Transport which cost THB 200. It will terminate at Pattaya North but will provide free transfer to your hotel/apartment. For Bell Transport, you might need to do online booking at their website, http://www.belltravelservice.com/ because high season quite popular, especially the Suvarnabumi/Pattaya sector.

Both counters are located at the lowest level at the airport. Counters are just outside the foodcourt.

Hehehe. I eat anywhere and anything also no problem.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehe. Foreigner can buy? Any laws on ROC? Think I like somewhere out of the city. Dan Shui area buay pai.

Foreigners can buy resale units equivalent to our HDB flats. You don't have to be a PR or citizen. Just a passport will do. In fact, there is no such thing as PR in ROC. It's whether you have an ARC - Alien Registration Certificate - and it's a question of who sponsors your ARC.

When you say "out of the city", you're still referring to Taipei. As far as I know, they're just beginning to build HDB flats in Danshui, so you can't expect any resale units as of now. BTW, the locals will tell you Danshui is freaking cold during winter and is susceptible to strong winds.

If you're really interested in living in ROC, you should consider counties outside Taipei. The gems are all outside Taipei.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Oh I see, Kway Tiow Ped Tun. Have been eating this almost every night but a little guilty cos' order extra duck spare parts.

Joetys, do you think the SG style duck noodle better? I actually like to eat duck noodle with yellow noodle.

No fish dried prawns also can la no choice. Duck noodles should be eaten dry with thick yellow noodles and our balacan chilli. Ya singapore style is the best but I don't like those thick sticky dark sauce the traditional watery dark sauce is my favourite.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehehe.
This one no problem. There are 2 bus companies coming to Sin City from Suvarnaphum. First one is Roong Rueng, it cost THB 124 and terminates at Jomtien but you can alight anywhere along Sukumvit Road. Second one is Bell Transport which cost THB 200. It will terminate at Pattaya North but will provide free transfer to your hotel/apartment. For Bell Transport, you might need to do online booking at their website, http://www.belltravelservice.com/ because high season quite popular, especially the Suvarnabumi/Pattaya sector.

Both counters are located at the lowest level at the airport. Counters are just outside the foodcourt.

Hehehe. I eat anywhere and anything also no problem.
Thks. I know abt the two bus companies already. I've taken rong rueng from ekamai before.
But thanks. I appreciate the help.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No fish dried prawns also can la no choice. Duck noodles should be eaten dry with thick yellow noodles and our balacan chilli. Ya singapore style is the best but I don't like those thick sticky dark sauce the traditional watery dark sauce is my favourite.
Same same here. Did you tried the one at the market during your trip to SG? The guy wearing a sunglass and montagut with his never smiling wife.

The best one I tried is still from my mum who bought the duck at Tekka market and prepare the soup using the gravy and pork ribs. Shiok!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Same same here. Did you tried the one at the market during your trip to SG? The guy wearing a sunglass and montagut with his never smiling wife.

The best one I tried is still from my mum who bought the duck at Tekka market and prepare the soup using the gravy and pork ribs. Shiok!

Long time ago chap-see-lao serves the best lor-ark-mee very old school style