• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Good morning guys and also residents of HG. :smile:

A not so cool morning today. Will be going out to the supermarket soon cos' traffic in Sin City can be quite bad during the weekends.

Hehehe. Heard the beaches are very beautiful in Krabi but have yet to be there. Hope the rain will stop soon. Have a nice holiday!

So your time spent whipping the dogs in political section is not in vain na pii?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So your time spent whipping the dogs in political section is not in vain na pii?
Hehehe. Spending too much time in political folder can be bad for health. Better to be back in LOS thread TCSS.

BTW, what's your location? Still in Baan Pae?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Spending too much time in political folder can be bad for health. Better to be back in LOS thread TCSS.

BTW, what's your location? Still in Baan Pae?

Came back to Bangkok last evening about 5pm but went straight to Suk Soi 11 for Spanish dinner. Had a great time there. This week in Bangkok till Thursday then off to Hua Hin . Char-an Fri-Sun for another break. Following week will be in Jakarta. Will be spending a lit of time there very soon. Operation stating 1st July.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Came back to Bangkok last evening about 5pm but went straight to Suk Soi 11 for Spanish dinner. Had a great time there. This week in Bangkok till Thursday then off to Hua Hin . Char-an Fri-Sun for another break. Following week will be in Jakarta. Will be spending a lit of time there very soon. Operation stating 1st July.
Hehehe. You intend to write a Lonely Planet tour book for LOS holiday destinations arh?

OK lah, once things stablize in JKT, will be relaxing again. Me also now very free cos' second office more or less on it's own liaoz which is no good for my wallet. Too free means spend more money. :(

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess where this place is....

....have always wanted to own an apartment like this, but price too high. The apartment block in the pic belongs to the very poor in the area.

article-0-134C16D7000005DC-544_634x406.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. You intend to write a Lonely Planet tour book for LOS holiday destinations arh?

OK lah, once things stablize in JKT, will be relaxing again. Me also now very free cos' second office more or less on it's own liaoz which is no good for my wallet. Too free means spend more money. :(

Free? My work may be very different from yours, you just set up now can be free. For ours we're looking at 3 years per project then can be considered stable. So no hope for me for the next 3 years cos of Jkt. But of course its not just one project, its one after another. I have no wish to retirement anyway, no more excuses to do what I love to do. Hate it one day if got to see face even for a simple golf game if business golf then its totally different, know what I mean? (you can replace golf with anything like arbnam, karaoke, safe house, etc etc)

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Free? My work may be very different from yours, you just set up now can be free. For ours we're looking at 3 years per project then can be considered stable. So no hope for me for the next 3 years cos of Jkt. But of course its not just one project, its one after another. I have no wish to retirement anyway, no more excuses to do what I love to do. Hate it one day if got to see face even for a simple golf game if business golf then its totally different, know what I mean? (you can replace golf with anything like arbnam, karaoke, safe house, etc etc)
Hehehe. pai seh pai seh. You are a real workahlic.

Yeah, during setting up stage can be quite busy especially with many unknown variables. Anyway, think I will have to start looking for something to do, else I will go crazy.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't this beautiful?
Ah, food for both senses and body:p Looks like mango with spanish rice, no?

Hua Hin's nice ..3hrs drive from bkk. Great resorts, but Cbfc may miss out night scene +555. Was last there Dec 2008. Even a royal holiday residence.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't this beautiful?
Sometimes I really blurr which part of the world are you in? :*:

Ah, food for both senses and body:p Looks like mango with spanish rice, no?

Hua Hin's nice ..3hrs drive from bkk. Great resorts, but Cbfc may miss out night scene +555. Was last there Dec 2008. Even a royal holiday residence.
Hehehehe. No mobilisation exercise in Sin City due to the either "Want to Rain but didn't Rain" or "Rain all the way" or "Rain a little, stop, and then Rain again".

Yeap, weather in Sin City is a little bit crazy now.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, you're correct. There are many such apartments across London. The one in the pic is 224,000 Sterling Pounds per unit. It's their version of our HDB.

The high class type in the same vicinity looks like this:

This is the article:
Hehehe. Sure you want to stay in this place? London very different now. Umm. Many FTs from you know where hor. My FT colleague, a Londoner, die die also will not go back to London and rather stay and work with me in Sin City. :p

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehe. Sure you want to stay in this place? London very different now. Umm. Many FTs from you know where hor. My FT colleague, a Londoner, die die also will not go back to London and rather stay and work with me in Sin City. :p

If you have the money to retire, London is not a bad place. From London, I can take a train and go anywhere in Europe.