• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A little incident at the foodcourt

YaoSiuKia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you....

Eat faster to finish up
Ignore and eat at normal spped
Purposely dilly dally to piss them off?

It depends on which moniker I'm logged in.

As Raiders, I will give up the seats if there is a chance for me to see downblouse after they sit down.

As Enforcer, I will give up the seat as soon as I finished.

As Yaosiukia, I will take my own sweet time until I'm happy :biggrin:

Just kidding. But I have seen alot of these Yaosiukias around, especially at Ikea Tampines. There was once this family finished eating and they just sat there waiting for the woman to go to the toilet, come back, then the husband go, the come back, then get up. All this while, my poor little tigress was standing there waiting. When I arrive with the food, I just said loudly to her, "Aiyo baby, why you wait for those handicap people to get up, go find another table lah"

Last edited:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
this type of cleaner will be kan by me. whether i finish or not is not the point, at the very least, ask for permission before clearing. most tulan was my kid still eating and the cleaner start clearing. knn, fark the cleaner upside down. once a uncle fark a cleaner for clearing his meal before he finish. he went off to take more chilli and the cleaner cleared his half eaten meal plus untouch kopi.

Agreed with you too, brother.

Sometimes, when you tell the uncle or aunty, please don't clear, they still want to clear and grumble when you tell them to go off. What for??? when one can see there are clearly other tables with dirty plates & utensils, no one around. Why don't they just look around and clear the empty tables first??? The worst nightmare are those that really watch you eating and the moment they feel you have finished eating, they rush to you and want to clear your table. Is their intention to tell you that hey, its time for you to hurry and go off?

We do not begrudge or look down on the uncles and aunties doing their jobs clearing the tables. We understand. But, the principle must always be, have respect for others when they are eating. If they are still eating or even if someone at the table is still eating, give them the time and let them finish in peace before going to clear the table. What is the hurry? Why chase them away by clearing the tables?. For all they know, I still need my chopsticks or plates to eat or share some additional snacks.

Finally, when such behaviour also gets manifested in restaurants by the cleaners, I always remind them, they are working in a restaurant, not a hawker centre. Don't chase the customer away for he/she may be so fed up that the restaurant will lose additional business in the form of desserts, etc.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, I pity the foreign couples for being bullied. Second, I also pity the Singaporean couple for being so ill-mannered. Foreigner or Singaporeans, we are all human beings. Yes, we do not like them to be here (all pro and anti arguments aside), they are also fellow human beings who deserve some basic decorum and courtesy right? Imagine we go other countries and others treat us like that, how would we feel?

Knn... spoil my appetite man...

Why you don't screw the rude singkie couple? They would have gotten it from kinana.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
side track a little.......
what about when place is crowded with those people hanging around your table waiting for you to finish up to take your seat?
Do you....

Eat faster to finish up
Ignore and eat at normal spped
Purposely dilly dally to piss them off?

hi there

1. bro, i shall just ignore such pests hoh:biggrin:
2. however, if the individual is frail or old.
3. i shall invite he or she to sit down with me at the table.

YaoSiuKia

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That happen to me on Golden Shoe car park hawker centre.

I wonder why a table for 5 person is "chopped" by 5 tissue pack.

Why cannot leave 1 person behind to politely reject on coming "seat finders".
Why must all go at once?

I also often wonder about this. This is call kum lan + guai lan and we who could not find a seat is lan lan :p

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ya, they should have those removable stools that you can unscrewed, bring it along to queue up for the food.

Not need to chop. :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
.................... "This is Singapore leh... Singaporeans first ok!!" After that, the foreign couples lan lan and left to find another table. ...............

What a rude host. Why cant these Singaporeans act gracious and invite the foreigners to sit down beside and join them? Where's the good social upbringing? It doesn't cost anything to be polite.

Cheers!

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
kong hei to you too bro...and the family. Am fine but busy these days ... got a part time job now helping BosSam sell infp vouchers around the Orchard Rd area.

hi there

1. erect, long time kosong posting from you leh:biggrin:
2. how are you lately?
3. btw, kong hei fatt choi to you and family:p

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bunch of smart forummers here .TS is trying to paint unreasonable Singaporean treating foreigner . But you all , diverted the whole thread . heheehehehe . If it was foreigner who did the same to Singapore , I believed the outcome of this discussion will be very different . :biggrin:

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a rude host. Why cant these Singaporeans act gracious and invite the foreigners to sit down beside and join them? Where's the good social upbringing? It doesn't cost anything to be polite.

Cheers!

You are back on track that's what the TS wants . :cool:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
images

images

9k=

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To Sinkie,

First, you totally missed the point that i was making so I don't give a shit how you feel.

Second, please don't use 'we' and reply on behalf on everyone. Since when were you made the spokesperson of SBF?

Getting so fucking defensive over a FAKE story, you're pathetic.

You might as well just cut the stupid long story short and say the obvious, that you're trolling. I use WE to signify the majority. Only morons and downright low-self-esteem cunts would believe your FAKE story.