• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A little incident at the foodcourt

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, I was at a foodcourt having my dinner. Saw a foreign couple (looks like pinoys or Myanmese) came and 'choped' a two person table with their paper bag on the table and left to get their food. Shortly after, a Singaporean couple came (quite young and white-collared) and put their bags on the same table choped by the foreign couple, and left to get their food. When the foreign couple came back, they looked puzzled and was not quite sure what to do, looking around to see who has taken their table. They stood there for a good 5 mins (not even daring to put their food down on the table).

When the Singaporean couple came back, they just sat down, pushed aside the paper bag left by their earlier couple, and started eating. When the foreigner guy told them that the table was reserved by them first, the Singaporean guy just snapped and said, "This is Singapore leh... Singaporeans first ok!!" After that, the foreign couples lan lan and left to find another table.

First, I pity the foreign couples for being bullied. Second, I also pity the Singaporean couple for being so ill-mannered. Foreigner or Singaporeans, we are all human beings. Yes, we do not like them to be here (all pro and anti arguments aside), they are also fellow human beings who deserve some basic decorum and courtesy right? Imagine we go other countries and others treat us like that, how would we feel?

Knn... spoil my appetite man...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This "chopping" reserving of seats in foodcourt could only be found in Singapore. I have not seen a single incident of this happen anywhere else. So sinkie.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only morons (that includes the 2 couples) leave their belongings on the table and go look for food.
Usually, at least one person will stay at the table to look after the belongings.

So, I conclude this story is FAKE.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only morons (that includes the 2 couples) leave their belongings on the table and go look for food.
Usually, at least one person will stay at the table to look after the belongings.

So, I conclude this story is FAKE.

Yes, that was the other thing that amazed me as well - why the SG couple could leave their bags unattended. An unrealistic sense of security perhaps?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wherever we go we have to adapt and expect unpleasant surprises. Unless one is very confident about oneself and one's abilities to stand up for oneself it is best not to make any assumptions except the worst case assumption.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask the Singapore couple to do that to an AngMo and they will really have my respect.

aaahhhh.... but angmohs dont behave like some undeveloped country low class asian wanting to chope seats lor...wdf....even the thais in BKK dont behave like that anymore

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i'm so low class i snort thick greeny phlegm on the table to "chope". if there's a dispute, i can produce dna evidence. :biggrin:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then what did you do? Nothing right? That is a typical sinkie, you see something not right but keep quiet and then come here to complain. I got no point today already. if not i will zap you.

Can someone help me zap TS?

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
just line up get your food then look for a place lah.... if you chop e a seat in a crowded place then you got empty seats that could have allowed some people to eat and finish up while the guy could be still lining up right?

fucking sinkies really deserve their fate ...........

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i go down town to hawkers centre and I see office workers
chopped table by placing tissue paper I would take the tissue paper put in my pocket,
used the tissue blow my nose put it on the table and take my makan, who cares about
your tissue paper?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, that was the other thing that amazed me as well - why the SG couple could leave their bags unattended. An unrealistic sense of security perhaps?

You telling me BOTH couples left their belongings at the table and went to get their food??

You think this is believable? You think we're born yesterday? LOL!!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You telling me BOTH couples left their belongings at the table and went to get their food??

You think this is believable? You think we're born yesterday? LOL!!!
if the table within visual range its possible people will leave the bags there.....but common sense if couples usually one will stay behind at the table to jaga lah.....

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
If i go down town to hawkers centre and I see office workers
chopped table by placing tissue paper I would take the tissue paper put in my pocket,
used the tissue blow my nose put it on the table and take my makan, who cares about
your tissue paper?

Good logical deduction, follow up behaviour and inevitable course of action. Yes, in the near future, as more and more trash got admitted, everyone will be rushing to make use of available resources and facilities. It will be everyone for himself or herself or his/her own group.

Just be prepared for more disputes, ugly confrontations, fights and eventually fatal clashes ... on the other hand too, observe and be prepared to for the imposition of more and more legalistic regulations as the situation worsens....

General

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday, I was at a foodcourt having my dinner. Saw a foreign couple (looks like pinoys or Myanmese) came and 'choped' a two person table with their paper bag on the table and left to get their food. Shortly after, a Singaporean couple came (quite young and white-collared) and put their bags on the same table choped by the foreign couple, and left to get their food. When the foreign couple came back, they looked puzzled and was not quite sure what to do, looking around to see who has taken their table. They stood there for a good 5 mins (not even daring to put their food down on the table).

When the Singaporean couple came back, they just sat down, pushed aside the paper bag left by their earlier couple, and started eating. When the foreigner guy told them that the table was reserved by them first, the Singaporean guy just snapped and said, "This is Singapore leh... Singaporeans first ok!!" After that, the foreign couples lan lan and left to find another table.

First, I pity the foreign couples for being bullied. Second, I also pity the Singaporean couple for being so ill-mannered. Foreigner or Singaporeans, we are all human beings. Yes, we do not like them to be here (all pro and anti arguments aside), they are also fellow human beings who deserve some basic decorum and courtesy right? Imagine we go other countries and others treat us like that, how would we feel?

Knn... spoil my appetite man...

That's some great showmanship. Anything these foreigners do, we just tell them off.
So, an inch would not become a yard in later stages.

talkingcock

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading countless threads on chopping of tables, I decided to not be like them.

So these days, I tell my colleagues go and buy first while I sit and chop the table.

Then when they come back with food, I go line up and buy my food.

When I return, they finish eating then I start eating slowly while they chat and buy me kopi.

People like to stand and stare at my table with only 1 person eating but I eat slowly. Eat too fast cannot digest well.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This "chopping" reserving of seats in foodcourt could only be found in Singapore. I have not seen a single incident of this happen anywhere else. So sinkie.

If they have guts, they should try 'chopping' seats with their wallets, handphones and keys.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes another sinkie trait.......however when overseas how come sinkies dun dare do that?
I only accord one seat per tissue paper/umbrella etc........so i will still sit down at the table but leave one seat empty.
At the HC near my house there are 6 seaters tables.......many couples always like to take the middle 2 seats facing each other....effectively dissuading others from sharing table........i always plonk myself next to the lady and 100% see their fuckfaces when they lan lan shift to next seat.

Last edited: