• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

2nd Reply/Response from Tan Kin Lian

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a matter of curiosity, why are you expending so much energy on TKL? ...

It appears to be a scripted play. Like all media corpse drama, the plots are quite similar. In a typical sg drama, there will be a villain to provide contrast so that the good guy can then stand out without much action needed from him.

The guy playing the villain makes the sacrifice. In the past, quite a few had already done so. What they get for the role is a mystery. However, there is a major twist to the story this time - the preferred ending is totally opposite from the past.

Last edited:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got me wrong. I understand very well that you are not contesting for PE. However, the fact that you are here criticizing Tan Kin Lian continuously, it is worthwhile for us to sit back and to assess you too. The netizens could assess Tan Kin Lian anytime because his details (and among other information) were on the website. We need to see who you are to determine your trustworthiness in your arguments.

It's pointless having a private email exchange when people are keen to assess him as he wants to be the President. Assessing me is pointless. I am not standing for the office of President.
[/B]

tankinlian

You got me wrong. I understand very well that you are not contesting for PE. However, the fact that you are here criticizing Tan Kin Lian continuously, it is worthwhile for us to sit back and to assess you too. The netizens could assess Tan Kin Lian anytime because his details (and among other information) were on the website. We need to see who you are to determine your trustworthiness in your arguments.

No one can assess TKL character because he speaks in general terms and lacks any opinion other then wanting to be a voice.

Most telling is his call for donations as a measure fo the character of the citizens when he can, self-admittedly, pay for all the expenses without batting an eye. That is tantamount to a Charity saying we can finance all the needs of the poor but we rather the general public foot the bill.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal has made a number of comments about TKL but TKL has not defended himself very convincingly. On the other hand, you are starting to assassinate Scroobals' character and by that hope to take the sting out of his attacks. You are adopting ad hominem tactics which are clear to everyone. You might as well assess each and every one of us who came out to criticise TKL. Such sneaky tricks are mere evasive behaviour and do not detract from the fact that TKL still has a lot to answer for.

Last edited:

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
We need to see who you are to determine your trustworthiness in your arguments.

Victoros,

You are new here in the forum. I'm also new in the forum having only registered 1 month earlier. However, I have been lurking for years. This forum do not have as many posts as others such as fuckwarezone. But there are gems of information here that are lost in the high post traffic elsewhere. The well known forummers such as Scroobal been here for the longest time. The quality and accuracy of their past postings are the best guide to their standing in this forum. Who they are in real life has little bearing on the quality of the discourse. So, there is no need to keep trying to get him to reveal himself. And judging from the nature of his disclosures on the forum, it would definitely not to our interest that he "out" himself just to satisfy you.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand your argument. However, I do not agree that by revealing himself has no merit and/or little bearing towards his postings. Obviously, you are not wrong to say that the quality and accuracy of their past postings are the best guide to their standing in this forum, but as a new registered forumer in this forum, it has no influence over me as yet.

I can remember an earlier exchange where Tan Kin Lian said that he was asked by two MPs to stand for election many years ago. Scroobal retaliated that he was invited to stand by two cabinet ministers instead. Eventually, Scroobal admitted it was a false claim. While I can accept that it is highly possible for two MPs to ask Tan Kin Lian to contest in the General Election because of his profile back then, Scroobal is not making a sensible case by making such controversy and irresponsible remark - just for the sake of arguing.

I reckon Scroobal by revealing himself may even encourage Tan Kin Lian to come forward and debate with him.

Victoros,

You are new here in the forum. I'm also new in the forum having only registered 1 month earlier. However, I have been lurking for years. This forum do not have as many posts as others such as fuckwarezone. But there are gems of information here that are lost in the high post traffic elsewhere. The well known forummers such as Scroobal been here for the longest time. The quality and accuracy of their past postings are the best guide to their standing in this forum. Who they are in real life has little bearing on the quality of the discourse. So, there is no need to keep trying to get him to reveal himself. And judging from the nature of his disclosures on the forum, it would definitely not to our interest that he "out" himself just to satisfy you.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL sld now call Uncle Yap to 'help' as well...hohohohohohohohoho
You are being very kind to him. Any matured fool should be able to understand the difference. Isn't it pretty obvious that TKL is being hampered not only by his poor grasp of the ways to interact with the new media, but also with the people whom he relies on to promote his public image?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
u really do not understand the dynamics wrt new media...for that matter is is also v clear that neither does TKL...

btw i am still waiting for yr reply viz -

did TKL make any open public constructive criticisms wrt to any major PAP policies during his tenure at NTUC Income?...

what did TKL do to help serve the public apart fm his PAP activities during his NTUC Income tenure?...

Apart fm the mini bonds episode n finance issues...what else has TKL done to serve the public since he left NTUC Income?...
I can understand your argument. However, I do not agree that by revealing himself has no merit and/or little bearing towards his postings. Obviously, you are not wrong to say that the quality and accuracy of their past postings are the best guide to their standing in this forum, but as a new registered forumer in this forum, it has no influence over me as yet.

I can remember an earlier exchange where Tan Kin Lian said that he was asked by two MPs to stand for election many years ago. Scroobal retaliated that he was invited to stand by two cabinet ministers instead. Eventually, Scroobal admitted it was a false claim. While I can accept that it is highly possible for two MPs to ask Tan Kin Lian to contest in the General Election because of his profile back then, Scroobal is not making a sensible case by making such controversy and irresponsible remark - just for the sake of arguing.

I reckon Scroobal by revealing himself may even encourage Tan Kin Lian to come forward and debate with him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I made that comment intentionally and tongue in cheek to point out how easily that anyone came make such comments. I could have kept quiet and none will the wiser. As no one knows my identity, no one could prove otherwise.

I also stated that if Tan Kin Lian can name the 2 MPs, the veracity of his claims can be established and he will be so much better for it. After all it does indicate that he was held in high regard. Guess what, he could not. What happened? Are both MPs dead? Or they no longer want to be associated with him. If the MPs felt thatbhe was asset, I am sure this is an excellent occasion to step forward and support him.

The other important point is that such invitations are pretty much done in passing by many to create a pool and sometimes motivational in nature. Until he runs the entire gamut and gets shortlisted, he would be in a pool of hundreds who don't even make it to the first tea party session.

jw5

Loyal

I don't see why he should reveal himself. What he meant by public debate - the public being able to debate things in public, including debating presidential candidates in public forums, not a public debate between a presidential candidate and an ordinary citizen.

If you hadn't noticed before, Scroobal has more than 8000 posts in this forum. That's not counting the posts in the predecessor forum which he has been posting in since 2002 or 3. Don't think that posts about TKL make up even 1% of those posts. He's been talking about people ranging from Chia Thye Poh to Vivian B. His "favourite" topics are a certain oldman and PA.

Perhaps it is those forummers who have 100% of their posts about one person or one topic, who should be revealing themselves. After all, it's clear what they are here for.

Z

Zombie

aiyoh.. why waste time asking other people to reveal themselves? It is not like you are going to reveal yourself, right?

Just ask TKL to tell his supporters from his blog and facebook to come here and debunk lah. Like that more fun mah. :biggrin:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am a newbie too and do not really care who is more old bird here to park my arse. We are all adults and have accumulated maturity and wisdom in us over years of experience in the society to be able to discern and judge criticisms, comment on its merits and whether if the comments are supported by certain degree of reasonable observation and argument. Then why TKL and not TCB or TT for fairness, one may question. If anyone has dirt on the other 2, he is free to submit whitepaper here. It happens that someone has TKL's ones on hand to share, it started the ball of discussion. And how the discussion progresses is indefinite. TKL's thread was hotly debated because he has not directly addressed the negative comments convincingly, but instead dismissed them as smears. This is the norm for anyone(or politician) who wants to grab a top seat. He cannot be spared from the harsh scrutiny from the people or skeptics and everyone got the right to question and know this person before making the voting choice, even the candidate's past actions will come out of the closet for all to judge. Except for the volumous discussion on TKL compared to the other 2, I have not found any smears on TKL in any of scroobal's threads so far. :smile:

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
...I reckon Scroobal by revealing himself may even encourage Tan Kin Lian to come forward and debate with him.

Just like that noob who unintentionally revealed himself through TCB facebook, and yes, indeed TKL did (1) "come forward" (2) but not to "debate with him", but rather to "consider taking legal action against him when I find the time later on to gather the appropriate evidence." http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2011/06/false-and-malicious-smears.html

Psss: the trap that you are laying for scroobal is too obvious, may want to do it more subtly the next time round, you/TKL may eventually understand how new media really works (ie. it's not just about having a blog or facebook account).

whisper.jpg

Last edited:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
...I reckon Scroobal by revealing himself may even encourage Tan Kin Lian to come forward and debate with him.

One other thing, I also reckon that victoros by revealing himself may also encourage scroobal to come forward and reveal himself/herself. :smile:

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea. See it for themselves, debunk if they can, and enlightned average citizens like me in this forum. Maybe we may end up supporting TKL.:smile:

Victoros, please do your fellow citizens a favour if you really care for fellow citizens to make informed decisions.:smile:

Just ask TKL to tell his supporters from his blog and facebook to come here and debunk lah. Like that more fun mah. :biggrin:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL sld now call Uncle Yap to 'help' as well...hohohohohohohohoho

Wah, GMS + victoros + TKL and now + Uncle Yap will really become the A-team of opposition politics. They will be remembered for years to come. Although what they will be remembered for remains to be seen...hyuck hyuck hyuck :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal prefers to hid in the name of annonymity, in the dog house, and criticize Tan Kin Lian, whom was in the open and bravely facing those allegations. I shall leave it to those sensible and smart nezitens to judge who is most credible and who is most weakling.

I am confident Tan Kin Lian will be a good people's President. TT and TCB are worthy opponents.

If he has the guts, then I take off my hat to him:p

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal prefers to hid in the name of annonymity, in the dog house, and criticize Tan Kin Lian, whom was in the open and bravely facing those allegations. I shall leave it to those sensible and smart nezitens to judge who is most credible and who is most weakling.

I am confident Tan Kin Lian will be a good people's President. TT and TCB are worthy opponents.

Aren't u also hiding behind annonymity to criticise Scroobal? Pot calling the kettle black arh? Whether credible or not, we can read and judge for ourselves, no need for a newbie like you to tell us. :rolleyes: