• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Bian's Case

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I think that Ah Bian is guilty, I don't really enjoy Chung T'ien, TVBS media trial of Ah Bian. It's better to let the authorities investigate the matter quietly, without interference. The Bian case is big news and great entertainment, peoples have a right to know but is all this big publicity really helping the authorities in solving the case, good for the Taiwanese peoples, will this matter further divide and deepen the political tension between KMT, DPP and their supporters.

that's the difference between a free media and the 141th. but sometimes they will go too far...:biggrin:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20081113102533483.jpg

20081113813231.jpg

f5992e3615b34388e5a40e454fd26974.jpg

U193P4T8D1447702F107DT20081113100213.jpg

naked check
U193P4T8D1447702F116DT20081113100213.jpg

1226498541215_1226498541215_r.jpg

081112220ta_3.jpg

W020081113342675149354.jpg

F200811130850501335529313.jpg

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy super many pattern one. I think if not for very very solid evidence, Ma will not want to touch him with 200 bamboo sticks distance. Because this is giving Ah Bian the media whore and pro-independence camp a rallying point, and an ass sellout to black USA.

jw5

Loyal
This guy super many pattern one. I think if not for very very solid evidence, Ma will not want to touch him with 200 bamboo sticks distance. Because this is giving Ah Bian the media whore and pro-independence camp a rallying point, and an ass sellout to black USA.
Ma has made it very clear that as a political figure, albeit the president of the country, it would not be appropriate for him to interfere in the investigation. The legal and justice system must remain unbiased and impartial, regardless of political affiliations.
Of course we know he's right to say and do this, but he's also quite politically smart to remind everyone. If Ah Bian is indeed charged and punished, neutral observers will not be able to say that the investigation was tainted.

jw5

Loyal
I watched DaHwa political talkshow and actually some of their accusations against KMT and Ma's govt are reasonable.

politics are a vicious game. peoples are acting, evidences may be fabricated.
right or wrong might not be so clear cut.

Although I think that Ah Bian is guilty, I don't really enjoy Chung T'ien, TVBS media trial of Ah Bian. It's better to let the authorities investigate the matter quietly, without interference. The Bian case is big news and great entertainment, peoples have a right to know but is all this big publicity really helping the authorities in solving the case, good for the Taiwanese peoples, will this matter further divide and deepen the political tension between KMT, DPP and their supporters.
sideswipe
What are your thoughts about Ah Bian's case?
What are the accusations about Ma and the KMT that you think are reasonable?
I'm not Taiwanese, nor a supporter of KMT/DPP, nor do I care about Taiwan politics, but I'm interested in the case and my opinion is that the evidence against Ah Bian is quite substantial so far. And there may be more to come.
The latest news is that his son and daughter in law have been called in for questioning this morning but have been allowed to return home at 1.30.
It was reported that they may have signed the forms allowing their bank records to be checked. The report also says that it was Ah Bian's wife who did not allow them to sign previously, but now she has agreed.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

14002402.jpg

14002398.jpg

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw on zhong tien that there are ah bian ringtone available, wonder anyone here have it. I think the classic was on her daughter ringtones, lagi funny. wonder where can get?

the best sms ringtone still the mee siam mai hum. hahahahaha.....:biggrin:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If China is allowed to follow Taiwan's way of DEMOCRACY, CHina will break up into many countries.

i dun think that is true any more. imperial china was always in the danger of breaking up because the peoples that populated the land are vaguely linked by a common written language for thousands of years but by the time of the Manchus, Mandarin has increasingly emerged as a common unifying tongue to such an extent that the people who populate china proper today tend to see themselves as one people with a common language and also the assumption that this has always been the case since the beginning. By china proper, I meant the traditional territories around the two rivers and much of the land south of the Yangtze as well as the north east. if china does break up, only the border regions in the northwest (Uighur Muslims) and the Tibetans in the far west will secede. for the rest, it is simply not in their interest to secede just as Scotland will not leave the UK

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls note that Chung Tien and TVBS are known to be anti-DPP and are largely owned by KMT or KMT sympathetic interests. they are only telling one side of the story esp. that Larry King wannabe guy with the suspenders on TVBS or Sissy Chen from CT. if you watch their programmes, you can sense that they are biased and often to the point of being fanatically anti-Chen. they also want to implicate his family.

jw5

Loyal
pls note that Chung Tien and TVBS are known to be anti-DPP and are largely owned by KMT or KMT sympathetic interests. they are only telling one side of the story esp. that Larry King wannabe guy with the suspenders on TVBS or Sissy Chen from CT. if you watch their programmes, you can sense that they are biased and often to the point of being fanatically anti-Chen. they also want to implicate his family.
Sure, we need to understand the situation and know the background.
TVBS was nearly shut down by Ah Bian and the DPP while he was president. Sissy was a former member of the DPP who had some problems with Ah Bian. Zhao Shao Kang was a former political opponent of Ah Bian and was involved in some lawsuits with him.
We all know that these people dislike Ah Bian and have some history with him.
But to say that they are biased and want to implicate his family is also not fair.
They are speaking based on the evidence obtained and trying very hard to base their discussions on what is fair and just.
Obviously you have people like Chiu Yi who is a self confessed enemy of Ah Bian.
But if you hear people like Chen Huiwen talk, he can be extremely critical of the KMT as well. And the TVBS program very frequently criticizes the KMT government as well.
If you still don't believe all these guys, just hear what Shi Mingde has to say about Ah Bian.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
before you tell me that these are all just and fair, can I ask whether you have seen or heard the other side? i.e. the programmes from other stations?

And the one I especially feel is biased is Lee Tao's programme. It is bordering on the perverse.

jw5

Loyal
before you tell me that these are all just and fair, can I ask whether you have seen or heard the other side? i.e. the programmes from other stations?

And the one I especially feel is biased is Lee Tao's programme. It is bordering on the perverse.
If you knew that his name was Lee Tao, why did you call him the Larry King wannabe with the suspenders? :smile:
I don't deny that most of these programme hosts have a dislike for Ah Bian and to some extent, take joy in hammering him verbally.
And I'm well aware of this when I make my own analysis and judgements.
I'm not able to get the other channels but I follow what is said by all parties on the Taiwan news. (not only the talk shows) And I'm certainly neither a KMT supporter nor am I interested in Taiwan politics.
Based on the evidence that has been presented, based on what are in the charge sheets, based on the development of the cases, based on what the witnesses and accused have said and based on how Ah Bian and his lawyers have tried to present their defence, I come to my own conclusions.
If there are some things from the other stations that have led you to believe that there has been persecution and injustice, can you share them with me? Thanks. :smile:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you knew that his name was Lee Tao, why did you call him the Larry King wannabe with the suspenders? :smile:
I don't deny that most of these programme hosts have a dislike for Ah Bian and to some extent, take joy in hammering him verbally.
And I'm well aware of this when I make my own analysis and judgements.
I'm not able to get the other channels but I follow what is said by all parties on the Taiwan news. (not only the talk shows) And I'm certainly neither a KMT supporter nor am I interested in Taiwan politics.
Based on the evidence that has been presented, based on what are in the charge sheets, based on the development of the cases, based on what the witnesses and accused have said and based on how Ah Bian and his lawyers have tried to present their defence, I come to my own conclusions.
If there are some things from the other stations that have led you to believe that there has been persecution and injustice, can you share them with me? Thanks. :smile:

My little JW5 (i hope you are still 5), :smile:

I am surprised that you have already reached a conclusion on this matter when you have not heard anything from the other stations or the other side (since you are asking me now) i.e you have actually ignore a fundamental rule of natural justice ....audi alteram partem (pls do your homework and find out what this means).:smile:

and pls note that charge sheets are not judgments. prosecutors draft them for the judges to see. Judges then look at evidence to decide and then they make judgments.:smile:

I am also surprised that you thought you have seen all the "evidence" and thus you have made your analysis and judgment from "evidence". .
All this while, the real evidence is safely locked somewhere in the Taipei District Court rather than the Taipei Museum. No one has seen it except the prosecutors, judges and Bian's lawyers. If you do not fall within any of this category, you have not seen the evidence and thus you are in no position to judge. By trying to judge, you are showing your bias.:smile:

please dun tell me that you have heard all the witnesses and accused in persons and the defence lawyers to present their case since the trial has not even begun. :smile:

it is very dangerous to convict a person based on what others tell you. :smile:

For example, if I tell everybody that JW5 is a simpleton. most of them will not believe me intially and should know better to ignore my hearsay and try to judge you themselves.( which they ought to be able to come to the same conclusion after reading this thread). to any reasonable person, they will not assume intially that JW 5 is a simpleton until they have seen your postings. :smile:

in order to amount to evidence not "evidence" that can be used to convict a person, it must come from a primary source that has directly witnesses the crime in action.... not from talk show hosts and their guests who received tip offs from annoynmous sources that cannot be mentioned.:smile:

and the manner in which Bian's lawyers have conducted the case is a question of the lawyers' ability and ethics, nobody should convict someone just because you do not like the lawyers. :smile:
I know you are neither a KMT supporter nor are you interested in Taiwan politics...in fact you are neither here nor there:smile:

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been following the alledged corruption and money laundering case concerning the former president of Taiwan.
Been watching the Taiwan news and the political commentary programmes.
Is anyone interested in discussing this case or have any insights or comments?

8 yrs as president can swindle and extort so much of $$$$$ from the country reserves and businessmen...what about....qAq?????

jw5

Loyal
lancheowman (I hope you have a lancheow)
Can a person not have an opinion?
What's it to you whether I think he's guilty or not? You too can have an opinion whether he is guilty or not. If you think he's not, you are most welcome to state the reasons. If you think he is, you are most welcome to agree with me. If you don't have an opinion, so be it.
Why do you choose to be so combative? I think you are well aware that a smiley face is meant as a sign of light heartedness and even friendliness, and I have only used it once in my post. Why do you choose to use it so many times in 1 post, which indicates that you are being sarcastic?
For me, I simply have some interest in the case and have been following it. Even if I hear biased comments and come to the wrong conclusion, so what?