• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clubhouse would be good for gathering , the host can remain anonymous and leave some privacy behind. Sound like a mystery party ; how to guess which of the sammyboy forumer turn up ? But the minority race like eurasian will be a dead give-away, same for the women, there are just a handful here.

Yeap got to agree with that cos we need to cater sufficient parking space too... not forgetting tat we may ve elderly and very young kids along. I'll need to go check out the procedure and cost of booking such an area for this event. Not too sure the space in EL though... HH i still can ask ard frm the mgt. But of course the experts and advisors are here... hee hee mayb you folks can share abt this.

I'll have to do up a register so that it's a logbook to tabulate the no of pax turning up and a foodlist so that there wont be too many duplicate of food items. Or mayb we can limit max up to 3-5 sets of the similar food type. hmmm for the posting need some IT help not too sure how to post it in here. But guess i need to get a date that can fit the majority folks ... all are warmly welcome... so pls support! Keke..

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw... saw my dad reading chinese newspaper earlier... it seems with immediate effect all foreigners entering MY will only have to do finger printing once, they stick a barcoded sticker on your passport... the next time you come in they just need to scan the barcode... anyone experienced this already?

hv to see it to believe it. happened 2 weeks ago on a weekday with no jam at all at 2d link, mine has MACS and a sticker of thumbprint so no problem. my wife got no MACS and had to get out of the car to thunbprint. got a sticker glued to her passport. returned 2 days later thru 2d link, wife had to get out of car to verify thumbprint. THEN the sticker in her passport was REMOVED by the officier. I suppose she has to repeat the whole process next trip.
I had also read in malaysian chinese newspaper that those above 60 years old would be exempted as they were not high risk illegal visitor/immigrant. reading only adds to confusion.

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi I have viewed this place too, there is a waste treatment pond right next to the estate. It is pretty big and open air type.

Yes I noticed the waste treatment but it seems ok. Like a super large sump of some sort. Its nearer to the Perling houses and no odor problem. I guess will need to check out few more times if I am really keen.

Bro Wuqi reported that the developer shortchanged the facilities that were originally supposed to be built, but taken at what it is now, seems reasonably ok.

HH pricing has gone thru the roof comparatively speaking. So now looking at Nusa Duta & Mont Callista too. HH seems overpriced by a significant amount in my opinion.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes I noticed the waste treatment but it seems ok. Like a super large sump of some sort. Its nearer to the Perling houses and no odor problem. I guess will need to check out few more times if I am really keen.

Bro Wuqi reported that the developer shortchanged the facilities that were originally supposed to be built, but taken at what it is now, seems reasonably ok.

HH pricing has gone thru the roof comparatively speaking. So now looking at Nusa Duta & Mont Callista too. HH seems overpriced by a significant amount in my opinion.

The new ones, its actually because of the facilities and proximity to amenities as well as the nearby areas. Boss of Nusa Duta was actually asked to raise prices many times by his staff from what i understand. He is a good man, basically from what was related, he thinks he has earned enough and wants to keep it affordable for those dreaming of a new home. Some of my neighbours got 2 and then went back for more. I just got one more just in case my close relatives decided to come out here.

There were also issues with floor tiling, etc. My neighbour had to go through a lot to get things done. Security wise is ok, they have built a tower near the waters edge. Was supposed to get one there initially but got HH instead. If you think overpriced, my friends and neighbours here would point to Setia ones in Bukit Indah as just for some clusters here, they are marketing at close to 900k. This is close or matching what HH is marketing their clusters for, at this price, i would still rather go for HH.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: The Plight of Orang Laut

Hi ArtIsEverywhere,

Yes, the orang Laut and orang Aslis. The land and properties we have bought are for foreigners only and foreigner gazetted land/international lots. This was one of my considerations as well.

I would not touch anything linked with the Dxxxx guys due to bad experiences my neighbours had. I would not touch bumi or land set aside for them either as they deserve much more. I understand some big developers had bought up lots of land around the exterior of Taman Laguna area and one notorious developer even wanted to buy out the Taman Laguna guys with loads of cash if they would evict the locals living outside there. To the credit of the Laguna bosses, they refused. Sometimes money isn't everything.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Plight of Orang Laut

Despite the popular discussion about properties in johor please take time and stop to think of these folks who sacrifice their land for the development of johor.

The Plight of Orang Laut....near danga bay development. Orang Laut is the Abroginal people of johor. Visited the place myself it's near perling. Very sad to see a big constrast where one one side is the poor orang laut and the other side is the rich bangalows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpOFuP43MMQ&feature=player_embedded

I like his Nike sports wear... i cannot afford one :(
Sarcasm aside... these are the real bumiputras. Don't understand why the govt cannot give them some land given the abundance of land in the country. Maybe it is because they are Christians.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Bean, i would look at Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman or even Nusa Sentral if you are keen.

I second that too... but the entrance from lima kedai side is pretty hazardous for Nusa Sentral (i suppose eventually the proper entrance will be from the Nusa Idaman side)... Nusa Duta and Nusa Idaman is good as it is already established and populated

Last edited:

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Bean, i would look at Nusa Duta, Nusa Idaman or even Nusa Sentral if you are keen.

Bro Wuqi,
Thks for yr pointers. The 42x90 semi-d at Casa Almyra have a nice layout, that's why I was attracted.
Nusa Duta, haven't seen yet. Only saw the web pics. Semi-ds going abt 800k now.
Nusa Idaman, saw a thread on various issues buyers facing with developer, UEM. In the midst of getting resolved.
Mont Callista - nice houses but a little off the central hub at Nusajaya.

You are right abt HH, location is good. But the semi-ds there are going through the roof beyond my affordability. Anyway, if anyone hears of neighbors looking to sell at reasonable prices, do pm me (semi-d or clusters, not keen on terraces as I don't like the backlane that all terraces have). In meanwhile, will continue my shopping around hoping to land a decent deal.

BTW, I think those who have taken the move there, you made a right choice. For those who are faced with challenges, look towards the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It looks like things can only get worse here with no solution in sight to the never ending structural problems permeating our society given the stretched infrastructure, deluge of foreigners, displacement of locals (jobs, properties, & what have you) and the ever escalating cost of living.

Such are the rewards for studying hard, living honestly, working earnestly and giving 2.5 years of prime youth time (plus yearly monthly stints for reservist) to defend the country. For the next generation, not sure what else is left to defend for except a major "politicommerce"-institution called Singapore Inc doling out growth bonuses and national shares, but retaining our hard earned CPF money thru very ingenious means.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
btw... saw my dad reading chinese newspaper earlier... it seems with immediate effect all foreigners entering MY will only have to do finger printing once, they stick a barcoded sticker on your passport... the next time you come in they just need to scan the barcode... anyone experienced this already?

I just got thumb printed a second time last night. Seems like communication is not working well on their party.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP,
As much as i dislike the MY immigration officers, i always feel a little skeptical when i read news like this. Furthermore it is really lacking in common sense to get into a country without getting your passport stamped. But yes, it gets risky when you are at their mercy. I would never let my partner cross the border on her own.

Then what about mac? Those that they let in without even scanning? Can get into trouble if found out or not?

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I also add that I am generally impressed by the behavior of Malaysians. They are far more street smart than us and also more courteous and personable. It will be good for the children growing up. I find SG kids to be sadly lacking on this front and it shows very clearly during work. You might get your foot in the door but the lack of EQ and social graces quickly earn you a kick out of the same door.

Do you not find Malaysians to be wonderful sales people? They are great at convincing uncles and aunties into purchasing unneeded items. I think that element of kumpung spirit is a tremendous edge to have. There are highly educated Malaysians working in Singapore but i think they still retain a good amount of that same spirit. It makes them a pleasure to work with.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I also add that I am generally impressed by the behavior of Malaysians. They are far more street smart than us and also more courteous and personable. It will be good for the children growing up. I find SG kids to be sadly lacking on this front and it shows very clearly during work. You might get your foot in the door but the lack of EQ and social graces quickly earn you a kick out of the same door.

Do you not find Malaysians to be wonderful sales people? They are great at convincing uncles and aunties into purchasing unneeded items. I think that element of kumpung spirit is a tremendous edge to have. There are highly educated Malaysians working in Singapore but i think they still retain a good amount of that same spirit. It makes them a pleasure to work with.

One question. Are you or your wife a Malaysian? Just curious. :wink:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmm other than the waste treatment pond, the price and other things are fine to me too...for me as a worrier (not warrior unfortunately), i'll be worried of pollution from any leakage of waste water, not now as the pond is new i heard but if not properly maintained some years down the road...the pond is pretty near to the house i viewed, can see from the bedroom balcony, may be 200m away or nearer...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Got so good? They are more street smart but also more aggressive than us. Are Malaysians that wonderful as sales people? Have not seen many good sales people in Malaysia, more like a take it or leave it attitude even in selling high price properties. I have seen many good sales people in Hong Kong in contrast, great sales attitude even in selling small items.

Yes Malaysians working in Singapore used to be very pleasant to work with, however, nowadays there are many who come in the recent years and they are obnoxious with this big Malaysia, small Singapore mentality (talking figuratively, not physically) as if we owe it to them to make a living in Singapore.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got so good? They are more street smart but also more aggressive than us. Are Malaysians that wonderful as sales people? Have not seen many good sales people in Malaysia, more like a take it or leave it attitude even in selling high price properties. I have seen many good sales people in Hong Kong in ontrast, great sales attitude even in selling small items.

Yes Malaysians working in Singapore used to be very pleasant to work with, however, nowadays there are many who come in the recent years and they are obnoxious with this big Malaysia, small Singapore mentality (talking figuratively, not physically) as if we owe it to them to make a living in Singapore.

Yap. That.

They keep saying that we need them. And if not for them there will be no others to do our jobs for us. I don't think you can miss their postings on the forums either. Which is the real reasons why the government have let in so many other foreign fts. Can't depend on only one source all the time. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yap. That.

They keep saying that we need them. And if not for them there will be no others to do our jobs for us. I don't think you can miss their postings on the forums either. Which is the real reasons why the government have let in so many other foreign fts. Can't depend on only one source all the time. :smile:

Haha yeah lor, they can be very proud hor...the Malaysians working here used to try to blend in by changing their accent but nowadays can see many don't bother and some more talk very loudly, ever met one from KL who thinks she is so able to be fluent in Cantonese...what happened to English as a working language?! Ever met one who insisted taxi should be spelled teksi and yes this is a Malaysian graduate from University of Malaysia...the top uni there

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Ginfreely, no guarantee in this world. Just because one maid acted badly, we cannot tar everyone with the same brush. So because they may still steal even if we treat them well, we should treat them badly? Just treat them as you will a fellow human being and give respect where its due.

Bros, the story about the girls squatting, etc is really weird. This is as how many people (women) would go for supper in JB in that time of the night? Also, i had a couple of times in the past where either friends, family and once even my wife did not receive a stamp on the password and in the end, we got it resolved.

All 4 times without the use of money. One time, when they started the MACS thing, my mums passport had problems with her MACS sticker and they could not find when she entered. We wasted half an hour but were soon sent on our way.

This case is very extreme but in a way, although i feel sorry for her, she really breached the rules not once but multiple. She could have just waited, reversed out or got out of the car and notify another booth/sought help.
I agree with you. the whole incident sounds very suspicious and does not make sense. seems more likely they want to seek compensation money from malaysia police(rather stupid as they have no idea how malaysia police despise such prostitues).
Nobody who is a singaporean would go into malaysia without getting the passport stamped. everyone who travels to JB for often would know that the PLUS electronic card is to pay toll and has NOTHING to do with visa approval. rather pathetic attempt at bullsh!tting and alot of people got the wrong message and starts blasting the malaysia customs even before the facts are know>>> this might backfire and cause them to purposely go hard against genuine locals like us.
one of the girls name sounds like a mainland China girl to me. why would 2 ladies go to JB for supper at 1-2 am????? by themselves alone???? such cr@p tales by them.

my guess is that they were probably china pros would tried to smuggle themselves into Malaysia at that wee hours thinking security would be lax (probaly social visa in singapore expired )then but they were caught and made to strip and finally left to return with a warning(has happen before according to my friend who works in customs). why should custom be nooisy at 2 am at night??? even all local singaporeans know that you have to get chop and it is the same all over the world.

sometime the Malay custom people are kind and just let you off with a warning(happened to a relative of mine fro a minor offence), instead of a fine.
anyway, alot of these china girls are no angels. it has happen before even in singapore where the police questioned them at geylang at night and ask to see their passport and they later go to the press and cow peh cow bu and claimed they were victimised and demand the police apologise and so on. once you apologise then they demand compensation( literally thousands).
they are known to go to press(who love to sensationalise things to increase circulation) and even their own embassy twists and turn the story into one of harassments and threatend all sort of lawsuits. believe me , these China people are full of lies and cheats(I seem them behave likewise in beijing and guangzhou even to their own public security bureau people (equivalent of cops).
recently there was crack down on such phonecall psudokidnapping cheats in malaysia and singapore and they were almost all China or Taiwan gangsters and female crooks.

in this case i rather believe the Malaysia police or custom is right. sounds very suspicious these two ladies of the night!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. I have travellled to JB almost every week for more than 30 years and have NEVER encounter a single untoward incident at the custom .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.