• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yishun Gang 362 chop chop again! SGP very safe!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my time, I attended two.

One was counter-ambused by a housebreaker armed with a crowbar and got his revolver snatched. The housebreaker shot him in the head and ran away. A big (but silent) manhunt was of course conducted immediately and we shot him down a few hours later. He died in the hospital.

The other was spotchecking a suspicious behaving character in the middle of the night. Whilst trying to search the backpack, the suspect pulled out an axe and hacked him to death, then ran. The suspect was subsequently arrested, not shot. Turned out to be insane and sent to IMH.

I myself had a close shave with premature funeral when I confronted a gangster armed with a chopper. I pulled out my revolver and demanded he drop his weapon. That bastard flung the chopper at me and started to run. Fortunately, I ducked in time. Furious as I was, I didn't open fire since I would have shot him in the back and he's unarmed already. Though as usual a manhunt operation was launched, that bastard was never caught.

You should have killed him on the spot !!! Or you are afraid to write a thorough report after firing a single bullet.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should have killed him on the spot !!! Or you are afraid to write a thorough report after firing a single bullet.

Actually, yes. The report writing part flashed across the mind in that split moment. Taboo to police shooting, never shoot an unarmed man in the back. It'd be very hard to justify the shooting when coroner finds a bullet in his back and he's unarmed and not posing danger at that moment. Rage or revenge shooting for having a chopper flung at you is inadmissible.

From hindsight, yes, the moment I saw him with chopper I could have shot him in his face without giving him a chance to fling that chopper at me. The report would be easy. My word against a dead man, the bullet hit him in front whilst he was armed. However, that's a little cruel for my taste, even though it's clear that he was no hawker on his way to tend his stall.

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, yes. The report writing part flashed across the mind in that split moment. Taboo to police shooting, never shoot an unarmed man in the back. It'd be very hard to justify the shooting when coroner finds a bullet in his back and he's unarmed and not posing danger at that moment. Rage or revenge shooting for having a chopper flung at you is inadmissible.

From hindsight, yes, the moment I saw him with chopper I could have shot him in his face without giving him a chance to fling that chopper at me. The report would be easy. My word against a dead man, the bullet hit him in front whilst he was armed. However, that's a little cruel for my taste, even though it's clear that he was no hawker on his way to tend his stall.
You spastic maggots! You let off a potential dangerous man to roam on the street. He would have commit a few crimes because of ur laziness and coward to write reports! Is very unfortunate that we have many sinkie policeman like you around and turns sinkiland into 369 playground! If i were you I will shoot on his leg or non vital parts of body! Weak man! PUI!:oIo:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In my time, I attended two.

One was counter-ambused by a housebreaker armed with a crowbar and got his revolver snatched. The housebreaker shot him in the head and ran away. A big (but silent) manhunt was of course conducted immediately and we shot him down a few hours later. He died in the hospital.

The other was spotchecking a suspicious behaving character in the middle of the night. Whilst trying to search the backpack, the suspect pulled out an axe and hacked him to death, then ran. The suspect was subsequently arrested, not shot. Turned out to be insane and sent to IMH.

I myself had a close shave with premature funeral when I confronted a gangster armed with a chopper. I pulled out my revolver and demanded he drop his weapon. That bastard flung the chopper at me and started to run. Fortunately, I ducked in time. Furious as I was, I didn't open fire since I would have shot him in the back and he's unarmed already. Though as usual a manhunt operation was launched, that bastard was never caught.

Ramseth: If you had attended the two cases highlighted, then you were from Tanglin or "'E" Div. The late SI Boo, a Tamil speaking officer was the victim in the 2nd case. Happened in the mid-90s.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In reality, it depends on the case you deal with. Who can defend the number of rounds that landed on the gunman, Ah Huat at Sunset Rd/Dr coffeeshop in the late 80s?

After the first round, the rest of the ambush party simply fired their rounds into Ah Huat's body. Was there a need to fire more than 10 rounds? The rounds entered the body of the deceased from front and back!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, crime of this level shouldn't happen in SG, never knew our boys in blue were faced with such grave danger. Respect and condolences for those who died in the line of duty. Rest their souls.

wuqi: The policemen who face the most severe threats are those uniformed officers who have to respond to cases via 999 calls. They never know what to expect from the people they have to deal with.

The late SI Boo's case was a good example. Never in the world did he expect the guy to be armed with an axe. SI Boo should have checked the bag himself. He didn't. He instructed his murderer to open bag.

If I am not wrong, SI Boo lost his life coz of severe bleeding from wounds inflicted.

The elite chaps in the Police are the safest from danger. They arrive at scene when it is no longer dangerous. Take the Special Investigation Section for example. Considered the best of the best, their investigators arrive at scene when there is no absolute danger. The intelligence boys are even safer! Same for Investigation Officers from all land divisions. Commercial Affairs officers even safer.

I can think of CNB chaps who face great risks in their jobs. Simple. When you confront a suspected trafficker, you do not know the amount of drugs in their possession. If an arrest means a date with the hangman, they will fight for their lives and killing CNB chaps means nothing.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SI Boo case happened in broad day light.

Yes, in broad daylight. Boo's partner was in total shock when the incident took place. Many of the search party wanted to bash Boo's murderer but were stopped by their superiors. The murderer was Malay. The superiors did a superb job in ensuring that racial tension would not be escalated.