• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Y imitating the monkey = racist gesture?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
arise from Liverpool vs Man U...man arrested for making monkey gesture at Evra.

Why is that considered racist?

so, if i point my middle finger its ok? I mimicked the monkey i cannot?

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of ang moh EPL fans really cmi....

Kelong still get so sexcited for fxxk? :rolleyes:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ispTbde025c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
arise from Liverpool vs Man U...man arrested for making monkey gesture at Evra.

Why is that considered racist?

so, if i point my middle finger its ok? I mimicked the monkey i cannot?

In England , YES, it is racist.
It is a screw up , politically correct country.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As recent as the late 80s, they even threw bananas at black players like John barnes when he was near the touch line.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok.. found the picture on the web.. mr barnes backheeling a fan's banana

sport-barnes0_2058991c.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
throwing bananas at black players still pretty recent.

yeah.. hard to imagine this was the EPL where some teams have a majority of black players nowadays.

I know it is still a problem in Serie A and La liga where fans make monkey noises whenever a black player touches the ball.

The spanish national coach was even caught on TV referring to Therry Henry as 'black shit' during a training session. He wasn't sacked and went on to win the euro in 2008.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its ironic. if they are so racist, then ban all colored players from their clubs.

however, they cannot becos the best players are usually colored...LOL

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah.. hard to imagine this was the EPL where some teams have a majority of black players nowadays.

I know it is still a problem in Serie A and La liga where fans make monkey noises whenever a black player touches the ball.

The spanish national coach was even caught on TV referring to Therry Henry as 'black shit' during a training session. He wasn't sacked and went on to win the euro in 2008.

yup a few of the top players that are black over there have been victims of extreme racism. Definitely tame by sg's standards. Sg would never taunt a player of another race especially if he's playing for their team. This is something that ppl in sg should appreciate. Cos the majority chinese are not like this.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yup a few of the top players that are black over there have been victims of extreme racism. Definitely tame by sg's standards. Sg would never taunt a player of another race especially if he's playing for their team. This is something that ppl in sg should appreciate. Cos the majority chinese are not like this.

In the 70s when Soh Chin Ann tackled Dollah Kassim too ferociously, S'pore Chinese fans at Kallang never applauded Chin Ann coz it was a Chinese hurting a Malay. Instead Chin Ann's parents kena! When Santokh Singh brought Kim Song down, Malay and Indian S'poreans would curse Santokh's parents. Were we racists then? Answer has to be NO. This race issue, while extremely sensitive, has always been used to scare the voting populace. Why?

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
In England , YES, it is racist.
It is a screw up , politically correct country.

Are you making this statement on the back of the video? If you have visited England you will know that they are not generally racist. I can tell you that the Brits are tired of 'political correctness' it was introduced to control the masses and it's now a joke in the UK.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the 70s when Soh Chin Ann tackled Dollah Kassim too ferociously, S'pore Chinese fans at Kallang never applauded Chin Ann coz it was a Chinese hurting a Malay. Instead Chin Ann's parents kena! When Santokh Singh brought Kim Song down, Malay and Indian S'poreans would curse Santokh's parents. Were we racists then? Answer has to be NO. This race issue, while extremely sensitive, has always been used to scare the voting populace. Why?

Serious they would curse this santokh singh's parents? What about the sikhs? Did they curse his parents too? The chinese ones not applauding chin ann i can understand but not the other way around.

Today i can say for sure if it's a chinese the victim of a tackle chinese sinkies won't care, if a chinese sinkie tackled a malay he would be cursed by the malays and the chinese, if it was the opposite and a chinese tackled by a m&d i'm sure the m&ds would be happy. You agree with me the situation today?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are racists. They think Singapore should be a Chinese country. They call non-Chinese derogatory names like chup cheng, dig m&d, keling kia etc. Last night was another nightmare night. Chinese are burning stuff everywhere again as if they own the country.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forvendet said:
Chinese are racists. They think Singapore should be a Chinese country. They call non-Chinese derogatory names like chup cheng, dig m&d, keling kia etc. Last night was another nightmare night. Chinese are burning stuff everywhere again as if they own the country.

That is not true. Not for Chinese born locally anyway. If it were true, with such a strong Chinese majority, life for the minority communities would have been much harder. Your last sentence showed your own cultural bias. It has the same effect as a Chinese complaining about the religious evangelistic activities that are going on continuously and the weekly tolling of the church bells.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya, the whole world only chinese are racist la. if ang mos in america scolds asians as 'yellow banana' or 'slit eyes', then, i ask u Mr.-you-think-yourself-and-ur-stupid-ang-mo-genes aka forvendent, are they racist or it that a 'political correct' term otr what ever sh*t you call?

oh, and one thing, if you can't stand the burning, then migrate la, best is migrate back to your ang mo supreme white land.:oIo: