• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman drowned after 5 people nearby didn't help her

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100810-231243.html

Tue, Aug 10, 2010
The Star/Asia News Network

A woman drowned in Singapore after five people nearby did not bother to help her out of the trench she fell into, reported Nanyang Siang Pau.

The newspaper said these five people were either fishing or passing by the trench in Delta Road during the incident.

The unidentified woman fell into the trench at about 3pm last Saturday.

A witness told the newspaper that he had seen a woman crying for help but no one dared to jump into the water to help her.

Her body was later found by police.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20100810-231243.html

Tue, Aug 10, 2010
The Star/Asia News Network

A woman drowned in Singapore after five people nearby did not bother to help her out of the trench she fell into, reported Nanyang Siang Pau.

The newspaper said these five people were either fishing or passing by the trench in Delta Road during the incident.

The unidentified woman fell into the trench at about 3pm last Saturday.

A witness told the newspaper that he had seen a woman crying for help but no one dared to jump into the water to help her.

Her body was later found by police.

so is this witness 1 of the 5 nearby? then why he/she never jump in to help :confused:

kong jiao wei that fucker:oIo:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy give half truth.

If the 5 is old folks, you expect them to die?

Swimming skills and the condition of the longkang flow also another consideration, don't action pack then end up 2 dead body.

What i like to know, if there's any attempt at all by the 5 who say this, did they quickly try to get more help or just stand around to see another human die right in front of their face. That is what I'm interested in.

Maybe all 5 also cannot swim?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is DELTA ROAD???, Lower Delta Rd I know, Delta House I know..DELTA RD? Irrawalddy Delta?....

Orion

Alfrescian
Loyal
What if, they jump in also die?

Eve of ghost festival...no swimming leh....even a strong swimmer also must be wary

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Singaporean only care for them self. They think other will help they just bo chap.

But majority Malay Singaporean is different most of them will jump in to help.
That why I do respect Malay in certain area. When there is road accident how many of you here willing to stop for helping out.
Count me in because I have helping 5 times road accident. I will stop if I see no one helping/assist them of injury accident. Those minor like dented of course I bochap let them settle with insurance.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never say this way - certain race of people doing what.

It's all individual's deed. I have helped many people, and many of them
are Malays.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most Singaporean only care for them self. They think other will help they just bo chap.

But majority Malay Singaporean is different most of them will jump in to help.
That why I do respect Malay in certain area. When there is road accident how many of you here willing to stop for helping out.
Count me in because I have helping 5 times road accident. I will stop if I see no one helping/assist them of injury accident. Those minor like dented of course I bochap let them settle with insurance.

ANother typical stereotype.

Is this fair to the many chinese sinkes that actually stop to help?

Bloody racist.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once, Lee Kuan Yew took a stroll along Singapore River. The weather was fine cool as rain had just stopped. But the path was still slippery and unfortunately, LKY slipped and fell into the river. His Gurkha bodyguards were stunned. They were good fighters on land but they couldn't swim.

LKY could swim but the shock caused him a cramp. But fortunately, a young Singaporean teenage boy was jogging past and saw LKY struggling in the river and screaming for help. Without hesitation, he dived in and rescued LKY.

LKY was very grateful and pleased, and ask the teenager, "Son, thanks for saving my life. I'm sure you know who I am. I'll grant you one wish that you have."

The teenager took a closer look and said, "Yes sir, I recognise you Mr. Lee. I wish you help arrange for me to be excused from NS and migrate as far as possible like USA or Canada."

LKY frowned, "Son, is NS that bad? Are western countries that good?"

The teenager frowned with eyebrows even knottier, "No sir, I won't be able to serve NS even if I stay in Singapore. My father will kill me when he finds out I saved your life."

Teo Kok Eng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once, Lee Kuan Yew took a stroll along Singapore River.
:
The teenager frowned with eyebrows even knottier, "No sir, I won't be able to serve NS even if I stay in Singapore. My father will kill me when he finds out I saved your life."

Ha ha that is funny! Did you write that joke? If you did, you are good :smile:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
such is the general behaviour of most Singaporeans - bohchup n maichup.
that time 1 lady kana whacked on bus also people bohchup mah.
such is the reality in real life.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place, why is there an uncovered trench that allows the woman to fell in? Whose fault?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once, Lee Kuan Yew took a stroll along Singapore River. The weather was fine cool as rain had just stopped. But the path was still slippery and unfortunately, LKY slipped and fell into the river. His Gurkha bodyguards were stunned. They were good fighters on land but they couldn't swim.

LKY could swim but the shock caused him a cramp. But fortunately, a young Singaporean teenage boy was jogging past and saw LKY struggling in the river and screaming for help. Without hesitation, he dived in and rescued LKY.

LKY was very grateful and pleased, and ask the teenager, "Son, thanks for saving my life. I'm sure you know who I am. I'll grant you one wish that you have."

The teenager took a closer look and said, "Yes sir, I recognise you Mr. Lee. I wish you help arrange for me to be excused from NS and migrate as far as possible like USA or Canada."

LKY frowned, "Son, is NS that bad? Are western countries that good?"

this joke was originally told by Gus Dur during some indo parliament sitting; the target of the joke was Suharto.

Suharto asked the boy what would you like as your reward. The boy answered: plse dont tell anyone I saved your life!