• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman drowned after 5 people nearby didn't help her

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... LKY was very grateful and pleased, and ask the teenager, "Son, thanks for saving my life. I'm sure you know who I am. I'll grant you one wish that you have."

The teenager took a closer look and said, "Yes sir, I recognise you Mr. Lee. I wish you help arrange for me to be excused from NS and migrate as far as possible like USA or Canada." ...
smart boy! ...

gif him 1 wish n he ask 4 2 tings ...

葉落風吹過 問秋何時春 ...
更进一杯酒 天凉好个秋 ... :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this joke was originally told by Gus Dur during some indo parliament sitting; the target of the joke was Suharto.

Suharto asked the boy what would you like as your reward. The boy answered: plse dont tell anyone I saved your life!

One day, Lee Kuan Yew woke up and found himself in Heaven. The angels guided to join a queue. Josef Stalin and Mao Tse-tung were ahead in the queue. The angels said, "You shall be interviewed by God Himself to assess the position you shall have in Heaven."

God asked Stalin, "Son, how do you account for what you did on Earth?" He replied, "I'm often been misunderstood. I've saved many people but I needed to kill 20 million people in order to save 200 million people." God said, "I see, you shall be seated on my left."

God then asked Mao, " Son, how do you account for what you did on Earth?" He replied, "I'm been even more misunderstood. I've save even more people but I need to kill 20 million people in order to save 1 billion people." God said, "I see, you shall be seated on my right."

God then asked LKY, "Son, how do you account for what you did on Earth?" He replied, "First, I'm not your Son. Second, get the hell out of my Seat!"

Last edited:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This type of news no need to make it to the papers, really.. Next time, if got people jump in to save someone, then that is newsworthy... Those 5 ppl are taking the cue from the Govt... "You die your problem".... no civic mindedness and no conscience to talk about..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This type of news no need to make it to the papers, really.. Next time, if got people jump in to save someone, then that is newsworthy... Those 5 ppl are taking the cue from the Govt... "You die your problem".... no civic mindedness and no conscience to talk about..

Jokes aside, seriously. How come some many seems to assume those five people can swim, and up to lifesaving standards? Has anyone tried and passed a lifesaving course before? Has anyone tried keeping a drowning and struggling person's chin above water while threading and dragging a bodyweight equal to or heavier than yours against the water to land?

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
this joke was originally told by Gus Dur during some indo parliament sitting; the target of the joke was Suharto.

Suharto asked the boy what would you like as your reward. The boy answered: plse dont tell anyone I saved your life!

Thanks a lot. I smell a rat. There are people here with no shame - copy from someone and claim it his own. This forum is infested with such people - no originality, no ideas, just now how to gripe and steal ideas.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks a lot. I smell a rat. There are people here with no shame - copy from someone and claim it his own. This forum is infested with such people - no originality, no ideas, just now how to gripe and steal ideas.

wahlaneh...
many posts here are copied n pasted from cna forum lah.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jokes aside, seriously. How come some many seem to assume those five people can swim, and up to lifesaving standards? Has anyone tried and passed a lifesaving course before? Has anyone tried keeping a drowning and struggling person's chin above water while threading and dragging a bodyweight equal to or heavier than yours against the water to land?

Only Rogue Trader has got the point right. She fell and she's dead. Nothing to do with the five who happened to be nearby. If one of them was confident enough to dive in and save her successfully, she owes him her life. If not, nobody owes her anything. I was a police certified lifesaver. I'd assess the water situation first before thinking about diving in to attempt to save her. We don't owe anyone duty of suicide just to act hero.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Rogue Trader has got the point right. She fell and she's dead. Nothing to do with the five who happened to be nearby. If one of them was confident enough to dive in and save her successfully, she owes him her life. If not, nobody owes her anything. I was a police certified lifesaver. I'd assess the water situation first before thinking about diving in to attempt to save her. We don't owe anyone duty of suicide just to act hero.

True

Especially if it is a sinkie woman.. Why bother? One less = One less person from the 66% group

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would pass my wallet and phone to a bangala for safekeeping before jumping in. If pass wallet to local uncle don't think can get it back.

However if it looks like suicide, I won't bother to jump in.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important is, whether those 5 blokes can swim? If they cannot and with those strong currents, they will die together and be one in heaven.

Similar to how the Imperial Japanese banzai charge does not work against the well-armed Americans during the Pacific Theater. They charge with swords and the other side reciprocated with guns. Summary: Lives wasted with no effect.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would pass my wallet and phone to a bangala for safekeeping before jumping in. If pass wallet to local uncle don't think can get it back.

However if it looks like suicide, I won't bother to jump in.

You must be crazy to consider jumping in. I considered jumping in only because I was paid and trained police. Even then, consider only. In condition unfavorable, no way. I may be a police but not a suicide hero.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you see someone drowning, think first. Do you know lifesaving? Lifesaving is different from mere swimming or even speed swimming. What's the current flow condition and the distance? A gold class lifesaver can't save anyone in a swirl or torrent. It's better to call police a.s.a.p. in most cases. At least you did something instead of just watching. The victim may be saved or dead by the time police arrives. It's not your fault, neither any of the passers-by's fault. Even police are not expected to necessarily dive in to attempt rescue if conditions are unfavourable. Blaming passers-by and onlookers for not acting makes no sense.