• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman attacked at Ginza Pub in Yishun

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here remember the butterfly gang back in the 60s? All the females have a tatoo of a butterfly on ther shoulders or something like that. What were their objectives?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone here remember the butterfly gang back in the 60s? All the females have a tatoo of a butterfly on ther shoulders or something like that. What were their objectives?

Only heard about them. Back in the 60's it was rare for females to be involved in gangs as womens liberation hadn't taken place yet.

It's unfortunate that no one in the media has taken the trouble to record their stories. It would be an interesting snapshot of the past.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

The famous ex-detective, Harmon Singh has mentioned abt this woman gang.

Even the "fairer sex" was not left out. All-women gangs, like the Ang Hor Tiap (or Red Butterfly Gang), were very common during the '60s and the '70s.

"They consisted mainly of cabaret girls, bar girls and hostesses," said Mr Singh. "Usually girls who were jilted by their lovers or who had had some unpleasant experiences with men. They were very mischievous and wild."

Mr Singh said that the women gangs were frequently involved in fights, but they usually did not engage in robberies or housebreaking.

These gangs gave protection to girls working in night-clubs and bars. Their favourite haunts were places like Clifford Pier, Eu Tong Sen Road, Jalan Besar, Tanjong Katong, Geylang and the Capitol Theatre vicinity

More stories at:
http://ourstory.asia1.com.sg/indepen...e/harmon5.html

HARMON SINGH
http://www.harmonsingh.com.sg/index.html

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was there 5 to 6 years ago, went there with my RT mates from Khatib camp. That place a lot of army pple ard,be it regualr or NSFs nite out.it's a Karaoke PUB. last time, got china ladies, not sure now.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
when cats fight better stand at least 1 mile away n just enjoy watching.
they will scratch, pull and tear everything from hair to panties.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
wahlaneh...
nowsday on mrt also can hear schoolgirls in school uniform shouting to each other loudly all the "cheebye" n "lanjiao" words.:biggrin:
I hear that all the time too, from kids including those in uniform, everywhere.
It takes a lot for me not to go and ask them whose "cheebye and lanjiao" they are referring to. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No come no come, one come three four come. It's strange but when something gain #1 attention, similar incidents spread like wildfire. In the past it was killer litter. When one start throwing, others follow.

Time for LHL and/or Shanmugam to consult feng shui masters.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was there 5 to 6 years ago, went there with my RT mates from Khatib camp. That place a lot of army pple ard,be it regualr or NSFs nite out.it's a Karaoke PUB. last time, got china ladies, not sure now.

The boss is a lady and very jude, very friendly too

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal

The boss is a lady and very jude, very friendly too

I believed this Ginza pub has changed hands several times when I first visited the place in the late 1990s. I have not been there since my previous RT in Aug 09. She still around?

I thought the Oldies Pub more rowdy than Ginza? More happening in Oldies during weekends, my pov. :biggrin:

I believed fighting sometimes occurred during late nites, along the coffeeshops, and the crystal pub nearby there. I forget this crystal pub is controlled by which SS number liao.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...and the crystal pub nearby there. I forget this crystal pub is controlled by which SS number liao.
im thinking if controlled by SS number, gt ppl wan to come meh?
skali bo tai bo ji, kana whacked. wan chat wif waitress also scare, w8 her "german shepherd" appear and bite you ah.
:eek:

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
im thinking if controlled by SS number, gt ppl wan to come meh?
skali bo tai bo ji, kana whacked. wan chat wif waitress also scare, w8 her "german shepherd" appear and bite you ah.
:eek:

Precisely that's the case. :eek:

My buddy once brought me there after first round of drinks at chong pang kpt after 10pm. He told me some of the hostesses are playful and chio, but the thing is that some of them are the baddies' women. Wtf... so dark in there, like a smoke chamber and look like a lar sup bar in GL or balestier. Lan lan ended up drink 2 jugs of beer and left.