• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will Li Jiat Lat's Son Serve NS?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:48 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18645.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>I can't wait to be a mummy
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD>As Li Jiawei turns 28 on National Day, her birthday wish is that she gives birth to a healthy baby. But she also hopes to give S'pore another Olympic medal </TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Lin Xinyi
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
a48-1.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Pregnancy has been bliss for a radiant-looking Li Jiawei, and she is all warmed-up for her next big moment - one that is more important than any she has faced when representing Singapore. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->She helped deliver Singapore its first Olympic medal in 48 years at last August's Beijing Olympic Games.
A year on, Li Jiawei is preparing for a very different delivery of her own.
As she sits down with The Sunday Times ahead of her National Day birthday, Li, who turns 28 today, is all baby talk.
Not surprising, given that the table tennis player is expecting her first child in October.
'We are going to have a boy,' she reveals for the first time, as she strokes her now very visible baby bump.
'We haven't thought of a name yet. But I'm not too concerned about that, or even whether it's a boy or a girl. I just want a healthy baby.'
Last seen publicly during the Singapore Sports Awards in June, Li, who married Chinese businessman Li Chao, 36, last September, is now clearly showing signs of her impending motherhood.
It is a fact the Beijing-born player, who is into her seventh month of pregnancy, is well aware of.
Not known for expressing her emotions on court - she often wears a blank look in competition - it was a sheepish, almost awkward woman who greets The Sunday Times at her Kembangan condominium.
'Hi, come on in,' she ushers, with only her head sticking out behind the door, her body well hidden behind the wooden frame.
For all of three seconds, her baby bump is concealed.
Then, in a blink of an eye, her belly the size of a beach ball, becomes unmistakable.
She shifts uncomfortably, a contrast to the times when the world-class paddler danced across table tennis tables, and lets out a sigh.
'You won't believe what happened to me that day,' she says.
That day was two weeks ago, when her shopping trip to the newly opened Ion Orchard ended prematurely.
A passer-by had bumped into her and asked if she was Jiawei.
'That aunty just couldn't believe it was me because I look so different now,' recounts Li, who has added 12kg to her previous 58kg frame.
'After that encounter, I just left the mall. I don't dare go out any more!'
As it is, the once self-confessed shopaholic is now keeping a low profile.
Gruelling daily sessions at the Singapore Table Tennis Association have been replaced with another form of training - reading materials online for a sports science Master's degree she is pursuing at the Beijing Sports University.
Shopping trips to Orchard Road have also taken a back seat as she acquires a new taste - classical music.
'I'm not a fan of this type of music,' she says, as the sounds of Mozart fill her living room.
'But I've just started (on the 12-CD collection) because it's supposed to be good for the baby.'
Having a baby in Singapore was probably the least of her expectations when she arrived as a wide-eyed 14-year-old in 1996 under the Foreign Sports Talent Scheme.
But after over a decade of living in the Republic and winning countless medals for Singapore - the most recent being the women's team silver at last year's Olympics - Singapore is where she calls home.
Li, who is among only a handful of Singapore sportsmen who have become millionaires, is thankful for what she has achieved in her adopted country.
The security, the opportunities and the sound education system here are what she hopes her child too can one day enjoy.
'Whenever it's National Day, I'm reminded of everything Singapore has given me. I'm a Singapore citizen and my son will be too,' she adds.
As she settles on the sofa to talk, it soon becomes apparent that, other than her belly, there are very few signs of her imminent motherhood.
The three-room apartment is uncluttered and has no hint of a crib, baby toys, or nursery decorations.
But while preparations for her bundle of joy might still be in their infancy, Li could not be more ready to be a mum.
'I'm really looking forward to that moment,' she says, looking radiant even without make-up and in unglamorous bedroom slippers.
And just as she would be before any big match, she is all warmed up for the biggest role of her life.
In Beijing, she had experienced 'motherhood' when she took care of her cousin's three-month-old son.
'Now I'm pretty familiar with what needs to be done if a baby cries,' she said, beaming like a proud, 'experienced' mum.
'I saw him almost every day. I bathed, fed and carried him. It was such an enjoyable experience.'
Without her nephew around, she has less on her plate these days.
Figuratively, at least, now that she eats for two.
With hardly any cravings other than for durians, she has been eating anything and everything to the tune of eight meals a day.
When she is not resting or relaxing, she is usually watching her teammates train at the Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) or taking her daily half-hour swim at the condo pool.
But rather than reading up about sport, she is itching to play it again.
Not since January, when she lost to reigning Olympic champion Zhang Yining in the women's singles semi-finals of the Tournament of Champions, has she made a competitive outing.
But once her hiatus ends, her hunt for a second Olympic medal in as many Games will begin.
A memory of last year's silver medal-winning feat sits proudly in her living room: A framed photo taken in Beijing of herself with Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean and President SR Nathan, who had congratulated her on the achievement.
That medal is in her house in Beijing.
At Kembangan, there are no medals or trophies on display.
But the few that have been tucked away in a closet might soon have some company.
'Failure at the 2012 London Olympics never crossed my mind,' she says. 'Under STTA president Lee Bee Wah, I'm very confident that we'll win another medal.'
For now, Li is enjoying the absence of match pressure and a break from the demands of training and competing relentlessly.
'People say that pregnancy is bliss,' she says. 'It's true.'

[email protected]

RealSingaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
if she treasure the medal she should display in singapore home, why in beijing home? or she call singapore home is for PAP to see only.

I belive she love the medal and her home is beijing.

give birth here so as to enjoy all benefits pay by the 66.6 idiots.

66.6 18 year later u do not see her son do NS, u should have realise u are a fool.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:48 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>18645.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>I can't wait to be a mummy
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD>As Li Jiawei turns 28 on National Day, her birthday wish is that she gives birth to a healthy baby. But she also hopes to give S'pore another Olympic medal </TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Lin Xinyi
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
a48-1.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Pregnancy has been bliss for a radiant-looking Li Jiawei, and she is all warmed-up for her next big moment - one that is more important than any she has faced when representing Singapore. -- ST PHOTO: DESMOND LIM

[email protected]

This PRC bitch is supposed to have married a very wealthy guy, but take a look at the size of her bedroom
which can hardly accommodate a queen-size bed.

Fucking shit of a PRC bitch! All the glamorous showing-off during her wedding was nothing but a big show-off!

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
This PRC bitch is supposed to have married a very wealthy guy, but take a look at the size of her bedroom

Fucking shit of a PRC bitch! All the glamorous showing-off during her wedding was nothing but a big show-off!

Most PRC are show off anyway; very few have the substance in terms of sustainable wealth to really be term as wealthy.

Given her overhyped wedding coverage by our local media. It only served to propagand the young and nubile to venture into sports without knowing the commitment and serious implications.

My bet is LJW will never reigister her son's birth in Singapore let alone allow him to serve NS. She's not stupid enough to do so anyway.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And recall how much the the Ass Loon son donated to her sex banquet?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

wah she help Sinkapor win olympic one silver medal...after dunnow how many donkey years..

all you could repay her with this kind of ingratitude with you unable to come to term with your own jealousy problems? :biggrin:

i tot PAP gabramen and doogies said we sinkapoleans cannot show gratitude....i tot they are playing propaganda and political games...wah in fact it's true man...LOL...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luke 12:13-21 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Rich Fool
13Someone in the crowd said to him, "Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me."

14Jesus replied, "Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?" 15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

16And he told them this parable: "The ground of a certain rich man produced a good crop. 17He thought to himself, 'What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

18"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry." '

20"But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?'

21"This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God."