• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wild boar attacks woman at Bukit Panjang, bites off flesh from her buttocks and legs

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wild boar attacks woman at Bukit Panjang, bites off flesh from her buttocks and legs​

MAY 04, 2023
PUBLISHED AT 9:45 AM
ByMELISSA TEO

20230305%20wild%20boar%20attack.jpg

Shin Min Daily News

Wild boar attacks woman at Bukit Panjang, bites off flesh from her buttocks and legs, Singapore News
www.asiaone.com

She was just waiting to catch a bus. Instead, one woman found herself in an operating theatre after a wild boar attacked her on Tuesday (May 2).

The 34-year-old victim was at a bus stop in Bukit Panjang when the animal charged at her from behind, reported 8world.

The wild boar bit her buttocks and calves, dragged her onto the road and flung her around, causing wounds that required surgery, the woman's sister, Sridevi, told the Chinese publication.

Thankfully, a person who was exercising in the area helped drive the wild boar away.

The woman then called for an ambulance.

As of Wednesday morning, she has undergone three rounds of surgery.

And that won't be the end of it — she will need more surgery for the damaged nerves in her fingers.

"My sister is not in a good condition right now. She can't speak much and is still traumatised," Sridevi told the Chinese daily.

"She can't forget the feeling of being dragged to the road by the wild boar."

While wild boar sightings aren't uncommon in the area, the animals have never attacked anyone before, Sridevi said.

The National Parks Board (NParks) told Shin Min Daily News that it was alerted to the incident on Tuesday and sent staff to the scene. They found the wild boar lying by the road when they arrived.

"A veterinarian said that the animal had broken hind legs, it had to be euthanised," they said.

AsiaOne has reached out to NParks for more details.
Wild boars are sometimes spotted in the residential areas of Bukit Panjang due to its proximity to several parks including the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve.

Last March, the animals were believed to have entered Zhenghua Nature Park through a damaged gate.
In a separate incident in 2019, a wild boar had made its way toward Bukit Panjang Hawker Centre and Market.

According to NParks, wild boars will only attack if they are cornered or if they feel threatened.

So, what do you if you encounter a wild boar?

You should remain calm and "move slowly away from the animal". Also, you should also refrain from approaching, cornering, provoking or feeding the animal.

And if you see an adult wild boar with its piglets, leave them alone.

"They are potentially more dangerous because they may attempt to defend their young," said NParks.

[email protected]

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
About time the authorities start killing off some of these wild boars n pythons. There're too many of them now in urban ares n they're infringing into the neighbourhood causing fear amongst people...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About time the authorities start killing off some of these wild boars n pythons. There're too many of them now in urban ares n they're infringing into the neighbourhood causing fear amongst people...

Kill already can eat don't waste. Ramly burger can release a babi hutan version. Artisan burger. :biggrin:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Their natural habitat is being destroyed by the government everyday, forcing them out into the open. That being said, if only hunting was allowed. I know many of us would love to hunt them, wild boar meat is leaner and tastier than farmed pork.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their natural habitat is being destroyed by the government everyday, forcing them out into the open. That being said, if only hunting was allowed. I know many of us would love to hunt them, wild boar meat is leaner and tastier than farmed pork.

spore too small for hunting, what happens if the hunter miss the pig and the bullet land up in cheebye loong's asshole.....how? haha
seriously even the wild boar sent me to hospital, i got no hard feelings, their natural habitat is destroyed by us...the roads, mrt, condos, etc we built

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
spore too small for hunting, what happens if the hunter miss the pig and the bullet land up in cheebye loong's asshole.....how? haha
seriously even the wild boar sent me to hospital, i got no hard feelings, their natural habitat is destroyed by us...the roads, mrt, condos, etc we built
You are magnanimous to not hold a grudge against wild boars. If only they had their own space to roam, will pose no danger to humans.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only wild boars n pythons, there're even king cobras n black spitting cobras in Sinkieland.. Imagine a cobra sneaking into your ground floor unit apartment!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am surprised sinkees are not flocking to that area to hunt this wild boar for free meat. What happened to the kiasu attitude?

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Government should commission Bee Cheng Hiang to hunt down these wild boars.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkit Road Blk 270 bus stop. Must be from the nearby Zhenghua Park, which has a biking trail that links to Bukit Timah Hill and the central reservoirs.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am surprised sinkees are not flocking to that area to hunt this wild boar for free meat. What happened to the kiasu attitude?
What is there to kiasu about a wild boar ? Why don't YOU go hunt for this wild boar yourself ?

Last edited: