• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why you should vote for opposition: It can't get any worse

jw5

Loyal
I say singapore can wait. If people like Besotted reflects the mentality of the average employer (from the start, already discriminate against sinkees, think of ways and means to tweak the system so as to allow for greater exploitation of cheap but LOW-QUALITY labour) .... then I say: we have time. Let a more presentable oppo emerge 1st. What's the rush?
Because peoples' lives are already being adversely affected, and then it will start going downhill from there.
In the past, when they really made "honest mistakes" or when they seriously thought through policies for the benefit of the people but in the end they didn't turn out well, we could still accept it because their intention was still in the best interests of all Singaporeans.
Even the intention now is questionable, let alone the results.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm not saying it is wrong to want more opposition in parleement at this stage. Merely playing the devil's advocate and questioning if people do get what they want right now (8-10 jokers/clowns), will things really be better?

And of course I repeat again that perhaps 8/10 clowns can also be considered a start, provided real quality people get attracted in at a later stage.

Otherwise, it will be 1991-1997 multiplied by two, and musical chairs go on, in a merry go round, and at the end, workers are still displaced, CPF still confiscated, etc.

Because peoples' lives are already being adversely affected, and then it will start going downhill from there.
In the past, when they really made "honest mistakes" or when they seriously thought through policies for the benefit of the people but in the end they didn't turn out well, we could still accept it because their intention was still in the best interests of all Singaporeans.
Even the intention now is questionable, let alone the results.

jw5

Loyal
I'm not saying it is wrong to want more opposition in parleement at this stage. Merely playing the devil's advocate and questioning if people do get what they want right now (8-10 jokers/clowns), will things really be better?

And of course I repeat again that perhaps 8/10 clowns can also be considered a start, provided real quality people get attracted in at a later stage.

Otherwise, it will be 1991-1997 multiplied by two, and musical chairs go on, in a merry go round, and at the end, workers are still displaced, CPF still confiscated, etc.
It may not get better immediately but I think it will start.
Local media will be forced to cover opposition elected mps' speeches.
Foreign media will cover.
People will become aware, interested, concerned.
Don't forget, pappies are very concerned about their global image.
If the speeches and ideas from opposition are good, they will be forced to consider. More good people may join opposition to help them.
If the speeches and ideas are bad, more good people may join to take over.
By the time you wait for the "good people" to join opposition and be ready to form the government, it may be too late for many ordinary citizens.
A couple of years ago, I asked this question in this forum:
Where are the "few good men"? Do they even exist? Or are they waiting for the right time? The time is now.