• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why NTUC Income must have private swimming pool

B

BCR101

Re: The Tripartite Bull

Bro, personally i feel that its okay so long as it

does not have golden tap
:confused::confused::confused:

>

Agreed . I heard that there was no golden tap but

there was "Golden Handshake" ???

Any bros n sis know who paid for the

"Golden Handshake " ???

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The pool at the Istana were not paid by money from a workers' cooperative. You hope you can tell the difference between a workers' cooperative and state budget. Unions are typically for workers. Maybe NTUC have got unions for CEOS and Property developers.

I was told, Istana also has swimming pool...

Goh Meng Seng

Y

Yip Hon

>

Agreed . I heard that there was no golden tap but

there was "Golden Handshake" ???

Any bros n sis know who paid for the

"Golden Handshake " ???

Just checked with my income agent : the "Golden Handshake"

to say Good Bye was in the

region of S$3M to S$5 M . Correct me if i am wrong .
:confused::confused:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Goh Meng Seng

That's right, Capt GMS. LKY uses the pool pretty often. He jogs in the Istana too. I once attended a function inside the Istana and took cover to smoke. An officer from SecCom politey asked me to take further cover coz LKY was jogging and would jog past where I was smoking.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's right, Capt GMS. LKY uses the pool pretty often. He jogs in the Istana too. I once attended a function inside the Istana and took cover to smoke. An officer from SecCom politey asked me to take further cover coz LKY was jogging and would jog past where I was smoking.

Lucky you take cover further, for if he passes you, you may be machine gunned.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
tkl said in his blog that the pool is on rooftop 7th floor.

I believe the pool access is from 6th floor, with 1 flight of stairs to the roof. Buildings in those days had their shaft engines on the top most level or the roof level(7th floor), hence the last stop for the lifts would be 1 floor down(the 6thfloor). I think that anyone who wants to swim must go to 6th floor and walk up the stairs, so that no one could sneak onto the roof without being noticed. You could say its for "security" reasons.

B

BCR101

Just checked with my income agent : the "Golden Handshake"

to say Good Bye was in the

region of S$3M to S$5 M . Correct me if i am wrong .
:confused::confused:

i think he is a millionaire , many times over ...

?

Tan Kin Lian will not pull out of Presidential Election

04:46 AM Jul 01, 2011

SINGAPORE -

Former NTUC Income CEO Tan Kin Lian declared yesterday that he has "decided to proceed" with a three-cornered contest for the coming Presidential Election, five days after he had reportedly said he was open to discussion with fellow presidential hopeful Tan Cheng Bock about the possibility of one of them stepping aside.

Mr Tan Kin Lian wrote on his blog: "If I get the certificate of eligibility, I will contest the Presidential Election."

He added that he has begun sending out his campaign message by e-mail to his supporters and he has asked them to forward the message to their "friends, colleagues, neighbours and acquaintances".

Mr Tan wrote on his blog that he will pay for the election deposit "on my own". He has also collected "sufficient pledges to cover the basic expenses (but on a modest budget)" for his campaign. "If there are more donations, I can increase the outreach activities after the campaign starts," he said.

In his campaign message, which was also sent to the media, Mr Tan reiterated that he came from "a humble family background".

Said Mr Tan: "I understand the struggle of many people who find it difficult to earn enough to meet the cost of living, have to travel in crowded public transport daily and have to face the competition for jobs. I am close to the ordinary people in Singapore and can be your voice to carry your views to the Government."

Mr Tan pointed out that he has "never been a Member of Parliament or Minister in the PAP Government". Said Mr Tan: "As President, I will be able to think and act independently of the Government and take a different perspective in looking after the interest of the people of Singapore. I will work in cooperation with the Government to find solutions that are best for the people."

Apart from Mr Tan Kin Lian and former Ayer Rajah MP Tan Cheng Bock, former Deputy Prime Minister Tony Tan has also declared his intention to stand in the election, which is due by Aug 31.

Earlier, Dr Tan Cheng Bock had reportedly said that he would not abandon his bid for presidency. With Mr Tan Kin Lian's declaration, the country looks set to witness its most intense Presidential Election to date - should all three presidential hopefuls be deemed eligible.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

haha I witnessed the same happening. Once kana attend a function there. Talking to some lau chiau. They were happily smoking away. Suddenly everyone threw their cig, crushing them under their feet. Then saw him jogging at a distance.

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

:smile: Lucky NEA not there.if not kana find for littering in istana

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

You are comparing a NTUC Trade Union House with Istana?! :*:

Am afraid you are losing it... Am feeling sad for you.

You really think TKL stands a chance in this EP? So much about your self claimed 90% accuracy... Project TKL will pull down your stats.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

The pool at the Istana were not paid by money from a workers' cooperative. You hope you can tell the difference between a workers' cooperative and state budget. Unions are typically for workers. Maybe NTUC have got unions for CEOS and Property developers.

I am not so sure about such comparisons, Scroobal. The pool at Income may be open to staff but apparently, the pool at Istana, paid by taxpayers' money, is only for few people (or even one person?).

Unless you are saying, the pool at Income is only for TKL alone then I really have nothing to say.

TKL has clarified, he hardly use the pool at Income; about a total of 20 times in his whole 30 years at Income.

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

You are comparing a NTUC Trade Union House with Istana?! :*:

Am afraid you are losing it... Am feeling sad for you.

You really think TKL stands a chance in this EP? So much about your self claimed 90% accuracy... Project TKL will pull down your stats.

It is a good comparison actually. Both used public money to build and maintain the pools; ie. Income - workers? Not so sure but I bet it is from Income's own earnings. Istana - Taxpayers' money. People like you and me, cannot use the pool at Istana, isn't it? :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not so sure about such comparisons, Scroobal. The pool at Income may be open to staff but apparently, the pool at Istana, paid by taxpayers' money, is only for few people (or even one person?).

Unless you are saying, the pool at Income is only for TKL alone then I really have nothing to say.

TKL has clarified, he hardly use the pool at Income; about a total of 20 times in his whole 30 years at Income.Goh Meng Seng

You fucking piece of blur cheebye! And you are helping TKL in the EP elections?

ASIAONENEWSSINGAPORE
Tan Kin Lian hits back at netizen's accusations
AsiaOne
Wed, Jun 29, 2011
Tweet Presidential hopeful Tan Kin Lian has threatened legal action against a netizen who had accused him of "inappropriate behaviour" while he was the CEO of NTUC Income.

According to Mr Tan, the netizen - who he identified as the boyfriend of an NTUC Income employee during his tenure - had posted "malicious statements" about him on several websites, reported The New Paper.

RELATED STORIES
What taxi driver tells Tan Kin Lian about presidential hopefuls
Tan Kin Lian: Don't resort to smear campaigns
Tan Kin Lian: I want to help people. Wife: What for?
Among other things, he accused Mr Tan of letting staff who share his views - particularly if they were young, pretty, and female - get promoted more quickly. Mr Tan rebutted this on his blog and to The New Paper, saying that promotions, transfers, and staff termination were not done by him. Rather, it is the cooperative's human resources department who handles these matters.

The netizen also said he used the swimming pool of the NTUC Income Centre every morning. According to the netizen, the pool is located on the sixth level of the building, the same level as Mr Tan's office.

Mr Tan said that the swimming pool is actually on the seventh level, while his office on the sixth. He also said that he might have used the pool a total of 20 times during his 20 years in office.

jw5

Loyal

20 times in 30 years?
Ahhhhhhhhhh, but how long each time? :biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY uses the pool pretty often. He jogs in the Istana too. I once attended a function inside the Istana and took cover to smoke. An officer from SecCom politey asked me to take further cover coz LKY was jogging and would jog past where I was smoking.
hahaha....gecko used to take long walks and swim in the pool almost everyday.
healthy lifestyle is no cure for bad genes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got to be silly to argue along these lines. The issue is nothing to do with him using the pool. Is is appropriate to build the pool based on the fact it is a workers cooperative and the workers are not the ones using it. The pool at the Istana is part of the furniture. When TKL becomes president, he can use it just as all Presidents can and have used it.

TKL has clarified, he hardly use the pool at Income; about a total of 20 times in his whole 30 years at Income.

Goh Meng Seng