• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why NTUC Income must have private swimming pool

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very strange. This is first time I heard about NTUC income building has a private swimming pool. Private pools in office buildings are a super luxury. I have gone past NTUC income for many years and did not know that such a thing existed. It must have been very expensive to build it on the 6th floor. Whereas most pools are dug into the ground. Couldnt the staff use the NCO club pool nearby or the civil service club or one of the many public pools around. The building is in prime area and it is sad that they use it for office for agents who are not around most of the day. They could have use it for a hotel and earn money for the co-operative and lower insurance premiums. Instead who in the right mind to spend extra money on a pool that is hardly used.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps vic/TKL or somebody can confirm whether the swimming pool is a fact or myth.

Concurrently, someone could also take a picture of the actual swimming pool and post it here, for example:
Building-Swimming-pool.jpg

Z

Zombie

tkl said in his blog that the pool is on rooftop 7th floor.

Z

Zombie

Can you reference the web address of his blog posting to confirm.

It is mentioned here
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2011/06/malicious-smear.html

Tan Kin Lian said...
c) The swimming pool is on the roof (7th level). My office is on the 6th level. During the 20 years in the office, I might have used the pool a total of 20 times. I should have used it more for exercise, but could not find the time. The description of "every morning" is grossly exaggerated or deliberately mischievous.

edited: note that some people use "floor" and "level" differently..

Last edited by a moderator:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The swimming pool is large and rectangular and is clearly evident on Google Earth along Brash Basah Road close to Singapore Art Museum (former SJI).

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"The National Trades Union Congress

The Labour Movement is a network of affiliated unions, associations, social enterprises, staff, members and partners working together for the benefit of all working people and their families in Singapore.

Set up in 1961, the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) is at the heart of the Labour Movement, providing leadership, services and support to promote inclusiveness across all collars, ages and nationalities, so that working people and their families can work, live and play together in Singapore."
http://www.ntuc.org.sg/wps/portal/up2/home/aboutntuc

Things like this remind me of Indonesian Union Leaders who claim to fight for their factory workers, coming to labor disputes in Mercedes Benz which they could never even pay the downpayment had they not decided to quit the factory and riot on the assembly lines.

NTUC’s family includes 60 trade unions and six associations that make up over 500,000 NTUC members, 12 social enterprises that serve more than 1.5 million customers weekly and 4 related organisations.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro, clearly it is not a wading pool. Even till today, people are not aware that it is not a company but a worker's cooperative that is owned by various unions.

His claims to be close to the ordinary man, fighting for the ordinary man etc seem to ring hollow by his past pre- retirement conduct.

Thanks for the lead, though your link only shows the Singapore map.

A picture speaks a thousand words:
NTUC-Income-Swimming-Pool-Level-7.jpg

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NTUC Social Enterprises

The objectives of NTUC Social Enterprises are:

to help stabilize prices of basic commodities and services
to strengthen and protect the purchasing power of workers
to allow union leaders to gain management experience, and to understand the problems faced by management, thus helping to promote better labour-management relations
to build a private swimming pool in its building.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Tripartite Bull

PAP+dancing.bmp

The NTUC is to remove your rights to fair employment and compensation. The fascist will be counting the money while you slave away.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: The Tripartite Bull

PAP+dancing.bmp

The NTUC is to remove your rights to fair employment and compensation. The fascist will be counting the money while you slave away.

Ist Objective: Enslavement of Singaporeans under the guise of a labour union.

2nd Objective: Support the MIW

3rd Objective: Control of consumer goods and services

4th Objective: Reduce the numbers of small sundry shops, thus putting operators out of business - operators becomes available labour

NTUC takes away the independence of self-employed Singaporeans, killing the spirit of entrepreneurship of locals.

Together with the government-link companies, the objective is to form Singapore Inc.

End result: Singaporeans are no better than slaves and the country is divided between the elites and the non-elites.

Singaporeans should wake up from their slumber before they take complete control.

Y

Yip Hon

Re: The Tripartite Bull

even if istana had its own theme park, i don't really care but why did ntuc built a private swimming pool eh?

Bro, personally i feel that its okay so long as it

does not have golden tap
:confused::confused::confused: