• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why No A&W.....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you eaten a burger/western restaurant at Capitol building during the 80s? I miss that place man, my dad always bring me there order a cheeseburger.....

Magnolia? That's the only one I know in Capitol. For near Capitol, the first one was BK in Peninsula.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Solly, 1981 i still 11 years old, dunno any fuck, lol, I think that time got KFC, McD and Wendy at Katong Odeon only, lol

Arnold's in City Plaza halal fried chicken also quite nice, LOL

Yes, Arnold at City Plaza... I remembered back then during school days, my Malay classmates bringin me there after school...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember seeing A and W selling chicken rice and porridge in amk outlet.

i was dumbfounded

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cutting fish up for sashimi is not easy ..:wink:

Fast to serve, but not easy behind. The substance is in the fish and the work is in the knifework and knife sharpening. I followed a sashimi chef a couple of weeks as visitor amateur. Long hard work.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fast to serve, but not easy behind. The substance is in the fish and the work is in the knifework and knife sharpening. I followed a sashimi chef a couple of weeks as visitor amateur. Long hard work.

yes...its not a fast food ..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
A&W waffles with vanilla icrecream with strawberry toppings kicked ass

Waffles with Ice Cream and Honey - Magnolia Snack Bar. Used to have one at Orchard Road, opposite the old Cold Storage another at the front of the old Capitol cinema.

Cheers!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the best fast food burger I remember was Hardees. Next to Lido, where Europa is now.

Don't know if anyone can remember but in the 60's/70's the hot dogs but being sold at coffee shop at the back of Lido theatre was THE best. Back then Lido was only a 2 story structure, sepaparate from the building next door. The hotdog being at this back lane was just onions/dogs/& bread, but it was damn delicious. There was always a crowd queuing to get these dogs.:smile:

Decades latter when I working at Shaw Centre, an older uncle told me that the owner of the cafe had made a killing from selling these dogs & had invested the money buying private properties in Spore:eek:

It is unfortunate that these success stories are being lost to future generations. As they a tell a story of success without any political ties to the PAP. Nowadays the only successful you hear about are due ti "connections" with the 1st family:rolleyes:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah. Bro Ram is correct. I remember their first outlet was at the opening of Changi Airport on 1 July 1981 (now known as Terminal 1). It was called Church's Texas Fried Chicken. But they kaput real fast. The last few year's they re-entered SG market and is now called Texas Fried Chicken. There is an outlet at Expo. Bro Ram, do call me when you slaughter your fat dog, OK? We can enjoy it with a bottle of beer.

Just to jog some memory, their 2nd outlet was located at 2nd level People's Park Complex. Following a fallout among their top executives, KFC found itself another competitor called Yazawa's which survived for quite a while.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiong kok bu do not like paying for coney dogs lah! They like taking money for consuming your horny dogs!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the best fast food burger I remember was Hardees. Next to Lido, where Europa is now.

Yes here was a baskin robbins next door....separated by the main staircase......later BK took over the Hardees

There is a Church's texas fried chicken in nex shopping mall....

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So your lim peh eat how many pcs of chicken? LOL

Lim peh had a 2 piece meal. good chicken. tender and juicy. not like that kennyneh roger's roast chicken I tried at suntech. fucking pinoy can't cook properly.

Lim peh think popeye's is the best.