• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why No A&W.....

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go check your chicken history. Anyway, I prefer the roadside fried chicken anytime in Thailand of Malaysia, just make make sure got toilet nearby to wash hands. :biggrin:
I dun care anything about chicken history lah, dun waste my time, LOL

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other than their Root Beer, they don't have anything to offer. Even their coney dog sucks. I think they're better off selling Root Beer at retail outlets or supermarkets.

Cheers!

Actually the food at A&W was pretty good. However depends on the period of the A&W history we are talking about.
I still remember the early period when they still had the foot long hot dog, tuna sandwhich with sesame bun. This was when they opened the original store at Robinson Rd around the CPF building in the mid 60's.

They were much better than MacDs. Remember that the food was good in the 70's. By the time they closed in 2003, the only thing I would recommend was their nasi lemak & root beer:eek: That's how bad they'd become. Today I wouldn't even recommend the cardboard they sell at MacD in Spore:rolleyes:

If your looking for junk food must look to places like LOS:o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other than their Root Beer, they don't have anything to offer. Even their coney dog sucks. I think they're better off selling Root Beer at retail outlets or supermarkets.

They were the first fast food outlet in Sg I think. During sec 4 holidays, one of my school mates got the job wearing the A&W bear mascot outfit and stood outside the joint in Katong. Heheh, when we found out it was him, a bunch of us went up to the bear and punched and pushed him till he fell. Too bad we didn't have video phones then, otherwise it'd be on youtube.

Cheers!

The coney dogs suck after they applied for halal cert and it became chicken instead of pork. The cert killed them in Singapore, but won't kill them in Malaysia since there's a Malay majority over there.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The coney dogs suck after they applied for halal cert and it became chicken instead of pork. The cert killed them in Singapore, but won't kill them in Malaysia since there's a Malay majority over there.

Yeah, a lot of the fast food joints replaced pork with chicken. McD sausage and bacon Mcmuffins in SG/MY and Indo are all chicken instead of pork. Somehow, it just doesn't taste as good.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the most consistent burger is MOS Burger, I loves their chillis (beef gravy)

No wonder you're as fat as GMS. MOS is also his favorite, LOL! First time bet with me was GE 2001. I said opposition sure no more than two seats that time. He die-die want to bet and lost. Then ran road to HK. But he gentleman, when came back to Singapore, belanjah me at MOS to pay up. Otherwise, according to his Buddhist belief, he'll become my dog in the next life. That's even more headache for me. What the hell am I going to do with a fat dog in the next life? Cook it and eat it?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you can get A&W in utah, nevada etc.

but when you go to these area, try the burger joint call in-and-out. the burger and fries there is nice and cheap.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No wonder you're as fat as GMS. MOS is also his favorite, LOL! First time bet with me was GE 2001. I said opposition sure no more than two seats that time. He die-die want to bet and lost. Then ran road to HK. But he gentleman, when came back to Singapore, belanjah me at MOS to pay up. Otherwise, according to his Buddhist belief, he'll become my dog in the next life. That's even more headache for me. What the hell am I going to do with a fat dog in the next life? Cook it and eat it?
Dun off topic lah you, damn lor sor leh, zzzzz

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jack In The Box was my favorite quickie munchie when I was in US. Cheap and good Japanese teriyaki rice sets for lunch. Forget the burgers. Carl's Junior's favourite for late burger supper or early breakfast since it's 24 hours. Not bad too. It's recently here in Singapore too, but heard it's quite overpriced, might as well go and have a proper steak.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carl's Jr burger was big when they entered SG, now the burger small like fuck, like BK, fuck it, I boycott both liao, LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Carl's Jr burger was big when they entered SG, now the burger small like fuck, like BK, fuck it, I boycott both liao, LOL

Exactly, shrank in size and and overpriced. This type of size if served in US, my midnight black friends would torch their joints.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno what you said, Texas is Texas, Church is Church, McD is McD, BK is BK, LOL

No lah. Bro Ram is correct. I remember their first outlet was at the opening of Changi Airport on 1 July 1981 (now known as Terminal 1). It was called Church's Texas Fried Chicken. But they kaput real fast. The last few year's they re-entered SG market and is now called Texas Fried Chicken. There is an outlet at Expo. Bro Ram, do call me when you slaughter your fat dog, OK? We can enjoy it with a bottle of beer.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah. Bro Ram is correct. I remember their first outlet was at the opening of Changi Airport on 1 July 1981 (now known as Terminal 1). It was called Church's Texas Fried Chicken. But they kaput real fast. The last few year's they re-entered SG market and is now called Texas Fried Chicken. There is an outlet at Expo. Bro Ram, do call me when you slaughter your fat dog, OK? We can enjoy it with a bottle of beer.

I don't keep or handle any dog other than the times I was in police. Those couldn't be eaten anyway.

If any of those ended up in a pot or our stomaches, toa kee liao! :eek:

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Solly, 1981 i still 11 years old, dunno any fuck, lol, I think that time got KFC, McD and Wendy at Katong Odeon only, lol

Arnold's in City Plaza halal fried chicken also quite nice, LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the best fast food burger I remember was Hardees. Next to Lido, where Europa is now.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the best fast food burger I remember was Hardees. Next to Lido, where Europa is now.
Have you eaten a burger/western restaurant at Capitol building during the 80s? I miss that place man, my dad always bring me there order a cheeseburger.....