• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why No A&W.....

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use to go to the one at Bedok Central.

Also the one at Sentosa.. The A & W Boat... Esp after spending the whole day at Fantasy Island.. A&w was the Best!!! Root beer Float!!!!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than their Root Beer, they don't have anything to offer. Even their coney dog sucks. I think they're better off selling Root Beer at retail outlets or supermarkets.

They were the first fast food outlet in Sg I think. During sec 4 holidays, one of my school mates got the job wearing the A&W bear mascot outfit and stood outside the joint in Katong. Heheh, when we found out it was him, a bunch of us went up to the bear and punched and pushed him till he fell. Too bad we didn't have video phones then, otherwise it'd be on youtube.

Cheers!

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clementi !

PC090546.JPG

I love the conie dog with chili and mustard; and of course, the float on the root beer ! Clementi outlet gone !

Kallang ? Dunearn ?

Petition To Bring Back A&W

Any soft drinks available in the 1980s but not hot now?

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Clementi !

I like the corney dog and root beer float as well but not a big fan of their curly fries.. I think by the time i was in sec 1 or 2 ..It was totally gone.. But why did they close down?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W and Texas doesnt exist in SG anymore, I was surprise I saw 1 of them inside Transit area...

Sure can't survive if you know the difference between a pork hotdog and a chicken hotdog. A&W can survive in Malaysia as the majority Malays there don't know the difference anyway. As for Texas, entry to market too late when the crap chicken market has already been cornered by KFC. In Malaysia or Thailand, any roadside fried chicken stall is at least 50% better and 50% cheaper. But they'll stil survive there, with brandnames and aircon.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure can't survive if you know the difference between a pork hotdog and a chicken hotdog. A&W can survive in Malaysia as the majority Malays there don't know the difference anyway. As for Texas, entry to market too late when the crap chicken market has already been cornered by KFC. In Malaysia or Thailand, any roadside fried chicken stall is at least 50% better and 50% cheaper. But they'll stil survive there, with brandnames and aircon.
Texas is better than Popeye though

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Texas is better than Popeye though

Malaysian local has Marybrown, not too bad too. Texas chicken began as Churches chicken. But of course, Malaysia (and other Islamic states in which they wish to operate) won't allow such a name.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysian local has Marybrown, not too bad too. Texas chicken began as Churches chicken. But of course, Malaysia (and other Islamic states in which they wish to operate) won't allow such a name.
errr.... Indonesia have Texas.....

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
errr.... Indonesia have Texas.....

As usual, must shoot your kindergarten English teacher. I said that the name Churches is not allowed. That's why that changed to Texas.

Alamaking kindgarten teacher: Alamak, not my fault, don't shoot me. He's always blur, that's why he's Alamaking!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual, must shoot your kindergarten English teacher. I said that the name Churches is not allowed. That's why that changed to Texas.

Alamaking kindgarten teacher: Alamak, not my fault, don't shoot me. He's always blur, that's why he's Alamaking!
Dunno what you said, Texas is Texas, Church is Church, McD is McD, BK is BK, LOL

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: White Castle

A&W had the first drive-in diner in Singapore located over the canal between Dunearn Road and Bt Timah Road, near the current IE, which used to be NUS.
You could park and eat in car, park and eat in the restaurant.

A&W franchise in Singapore was taken over by the Trengganu Tourism Board (what a strange business acquisition!) in the mid-1990s and went downhill after that.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A&W and Texas doesnt exist in SG anymore, I was surprise I saw 1 of them inside Transit area...

That one is Popeye si bor ???? Texas chicken you mean ? at woodland interchange have leh... new one... boths sucks... KFC still better. :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dunno what you said, Texas is Texas, Church is Church, McD is McD, BK is BK, LOL

Go check your chicken history. Anyway, I prefer the roadside fried chicken anytime in Thailand of Malaysia, just make make sure got toilet nearby to wash hands. :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That one is Popeye si bor ???? Texas chicken you mean ? at woodland interchange have leh... new one... boths sucks... KFC still better. :biggrin:
I think Wendy's the worst, knn.. 9 Malays staffs behind the counter chor bor lan, service fucking slow....