• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why Jamus Lim join Workers' Party ?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crafting short , sharp, easy to remember message in artful manner for good delivery and less misunderstood is important for EVERYONE , just moi half cent opinion

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, these Atas Folks prefer stability and good policies to safe guard their billion dollars stake in economy

jw5

Loyal
Jamus poses with an aunty at her doorstep. :geek:

435353984_942539017528022_2626085482933517961_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Jamus wished all Muslims celebrating the end of the holy month, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! :smile:

Jamus Lim

2 d ·
A huge part of meaning and satisfaction derive from the process that leads up to the event itself. So it is with Ramadan, and Eid Al-Fitr. #TeamSengkang headed to our local #SengkangGRC mosque, Al-Mawaddah, to greet the faithful as they arrived this morning after the culmination of a month of prayer and fasting. To all Muslims celebrating the end of the holy month, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!

jw5

Loyal
The successor to Lawrence as PM continues house visits. :unsure::eek::tongue:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·
Last week, #TeamSengkang spent time on a Saturday morning at the 330 coffeeshop, prior to our weekly estate walk, while house visits also allowed us to conclude 320A #Anchorvale, before making a solid start at the neighboring 319A. The evenings were warm but the conversations warmer, and we were able to finally catch up with residents in the Grove cluster, including many who had lived in #SengkangGRC for more than two decades.
One such couple (not pictured) expressed their hope that we would continue to keep up the good fight, and deny the ruling party a clean sweep. They felt that it was already so hard to keep up in Singapore, and unfettered power, policies would be pushed through with little opposition, making life even harder for citizens like themselves.
At some level, the aspirations of the political opposition are remarkably modest. We hope to bring better balance to Parliament and policymaking in this country, so that we can have not just an efficient economy but also a compassionate society. We believe that this is best achieved when a diversity of viewpoints—including those that place greater stress on worker rights, consumer welfare, and equitable growth—are ultimately needed in a country that is already immensely rich, by any standard. And we believe that sound policy can only result when there is sufficient debate and discussion in the highest forum of the land, where such decisionmaking takes place. That’s what keeps the representatives of the #workersparty doing what we do.

jw5

Loyal
The successor to Lawrence as PM sells newspapers. :tongue:

Jamus Lim

14 h ·
This past Sunday, #TeamSengkang joined the rest of our #workersparty colleagues in our weekend Hammer outreach, where we visited #Rivervale Plaza as well as Kopitiam Square at #Compassvale.
The sale of our Party newspaper, the Hammer, has been a traditional way that we raise awareness of our work on the ground, as well as our interventions in Parliament. While these are occasionally reported in the mainstream media, our sentiments are sometimes inadequately captured; the paper therefore allows us to convey these efforts in a more holistic way. It also allows us to headline the issues that we, as a Party, believe are important on the ground (the most recent headline, for example, is about the cost of living crisis).
One resident asked why we charge for our paper, instead of giving it away for free. Truth we told, we do raise a modest amount of money from these sales. But in many ways, the financing is secondary; if any interested person comes up to us, but have insufficient funds to pay for a copy, we are always more than happy to hand one over for free. But I think charging for the paper also sends an important message: that if we want a richer perspective on the news, if we wish to support those who speak up for what’s in the hearts of the people, and if we value a vibrant democracy, then the contribution helps keep this endeavor going. #makingyourvotecount

jw5

Loyal
Jamus asks you to swing by. :biggrin:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·
The celebrations for Eid continue this weekend, as #TeamSengkang heads to #Rivervale for our #SengkangGRC Hari Raya Carnival. In addition to the many activity booths, there’ll also be cultural performances, including a silat exhibition, a taridra performance, and singing by Kmbtt Wak Jai. So do swing by on Saturday morning through afternoon for a time of fun and engagement with the family!

437904315_949894703459120_8527545279341829454_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
WP issues correction notice. :cautious:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·

438222599_985046806310952_6352719808925893281_n.jpg

Pritam Singh

1 d ·
Correction Notice
————————-
An opinion piece in the Straits Times today stated that “the WP said it will tilt towards the strategy of fighting to form the Government at the next GE.”
This is false.
Until and after the PAP Government announces the formation of the Electoral Boundaries Review Committee, I foresee Singaporeans will hear of similar unsubstantiated ambitions and agendas - attributed to the WP - more frequently. Perhaps there is a view that such rhetoric will cause swing voters to turn conservative and vote PAP.
The WP has been open about its electoral agenda for some years now. The medium-term goal is to play our part in ensuring at least 1/3 of Parliament is not in the PAP’s hands. My WP colleagues and I have repeated this on a number of occasions both in and out of Parliament. In our view, a better balanced political system is in Singapore’s fundamental interests, and it will play an important role in giving birth to a more united Singapore going forward.
Like many Singaporeans, the WP seeks an evolution, not a revolution of our political system. We will do our best in this endeavour.
Useful links:
Response to the President’s Address on the Opening of Parliament 2023: The WP in Parliament - Making your Vote Count https://leaderoftheopposition.sg/.../parliament-response.../
https://youtu.be/iIztnCYPvJE?si=nG5lEdx_xdmXMdU-

jw5

Loyal
Jamus continues house visits. :cool:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·
Our #TeamSengkang house visits over the past week concluded 319C and 324B #Anchorvale, and allowed us to make a start on the upper floors of 324C. Our chats were wide-ranging, with some very involved (and animated) discussions on both local and national issues.
What stood out this week, however, were two different encounters I had with young gentlemen. We had already concluded our visit to his house when Qizhe chased us down and urged me to tag him on IG. And when we stopped by Vyelle’s place, he argued passionately in favor of greater flexibility in the assessment methods at the primary school level.
Hustle and self-confidence are two aspects that academically-minded Singaporean students seldom learn in school. Yet in the working world, such soft skills—along with the ability to empathize, build connections, and inspire others—are crucial for standing out and moving ahead. As the educational landscape revolves even further with advances in artificial intelligence, we need to recognize that the ability to regurgitate information is of ever-diminishing value.
Rather, we have to better equip our kids with the ability to think outside the box, harness their inner creativity, and revel in their sense of originality. I believe that we’re all endowed with a certain degree of such skills, but we allow it to be squeezed out of us by a rigid adherence to standardized tests and model answers. My hope is that our educational system will not rest on its laurels in terms of student achievement in cross-country aptitude tests, but continue to evolve to prepare our children for the future. #SengkangGRC

jw5

Loyal
Jamus celebrates Earth Day! :biggrin:

Jamus Lim

22 h ·
Today is Earth Day! Our school ended up shutting down the elevators and common area lights, along with running a clothing swap, to commemorate the day. In a similar spirit, #SengkangGRC will hold our regular litter-picking exercise this coming Saturday, at various locations (for #Compassvale, this will be at the 286 Cape cluster).
Sometimes, it may seem like such modest efforts do not make much difference to the enormity of the climate change crisis that confronts us. At some level, this is true; avoiding the use of plastic carriers or turning off the lights and air when leaving the room are but minor dents in the grand scheme of things.
But last weekend, our four year-old turned off the tap early while washing her hands, and chimed, “Save the Earth!” In the longer run, then, it is the enhanced awareness and overall conservation spirit that I hope that our Earth Day initiatives (and others like it) will be taken. Hope you’ll join #TeamSengkang this weekend!

jw5

Loyal
Jamus chatted with the good gentlemen at Yah Lah But. :smile:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·
Last week, I chatted with the good gentlemen at Yah Lah But. There wasn’t much discussion of what we would specifically talk about—we kinda agreed to freestyle and let the conversation flow where it would—but in the end, consistent with the ESSEC Business School hat I wear—we settled mostly on issues about the educational system, and how it needs to evolve to prepare a future-ready workforce.
You may watch the episode on YouTube (where I sport some serious headphones and find my way around a fancy mike) here: https://youtu.be/4dn2tHexrjs?si=EBK4ALDwPdXAOM98. And if you’re more a Spotify kind of person, here’s the audio link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0JdcYAoTWHALWiG3lJPNuJ...

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jamus chatted with the good gentlemen at Yah Lah But. :smile:

Jamus Lim

1 d ·
Last week, I chatted with the good gentlemen at Yah Lah But. There wasn’t much discussion of what we would specifically talk about—we kinda agreed to freestyle and let the conversation flow where it would—but in the end, consistent with the ESSEC Business School hat I wear—we settled mostly on issues about the educational system, and how it needs to evolve to prepare a future-ready workforce.
You may watch the episode on YouTube (where I sport some serious headphones and find my way around a fancy mike) here: https://youtu.be/4dn2tHexrjs?si=EBK4ALDwPdXAOM98. And if you’re more a Spotify kind of person, here’s the audio link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0JdcYAoTWHALWiG3lJPNuJ...

That is a good discussion on Real Issue. Thank u Prof