• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Is Funeral Necessary After One Dies?

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, who knows why is funeral necessary after one dies?
is it one of the tradition? if so, the reason?
hmm..

Last edited:

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
"they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time"

smiling

Alfrescian
Loyal
funeral so that those who know or loved the person can say their last good bye lor ..

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not enough recycling bins out there. Only have glass, paper, plastic. None for Humans yet

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, who knows why is funeral necessary after one dies?
is it one of the tradition? if so, the reason?
hmm..

lianbeng guessed: to accompany the deceased 1 last time to the end of his/her life journey 送终 lor!:biggrin: different culture do it differently: Taoists very noisy with "kong kuang" and military band! Buddhists chanting namo-ormetofo all the way! Christians sing Amazing Grace! etc...

jw5

Loyal
So that those people who never treated the deceased person well when he was alive, can go there and cry loudly.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No offence to any Malay bros here..

When I was in Indonesia few years ago, I ever witnessed a Malay funeral where they wrapped the corpse with white clothes on the whole body leaving only the face exposed.. Kind of eerie..

Javanese Black Magic practitioners there even summoned the spirits of this newly buried corpses and when summoned, these spirits would hop around in their funeral shrouds..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Funerals are necessary in order for morons to chant a load of crap, fire their weapons indiscriminately and cause more mayhem and more funerals.

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xm2pvb"></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xm2pvb_gaza-funeral-highlights-tension_news" target="_blank">Gaza funeral highlights tension</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/reuters" target="_blank">reuters</a></i>

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No offence to any Malay bros here..

When I was in Indonesia few years ago, I ever witnessed a Malay funeral where they wrapped the corpse with white clothes on the whole body leaving only the face exposed.. Kind of eerie..

Javanese Black Magic practitioners there even summoned the spirits of this newly buried corpses and when summoned, these spirits would hop around in their funeral shrouds..

lianbeng says: that's just another culture practice lah! :biggrin: the Tibetans are world known to feed dead bodies to botak head vultures on mountain top leh!