• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do we need 2 DPMs and 2 SMs??

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do we need 2 DPMs and 2 SMs??
clear evidence of ...

... a lack of self-confidence ... nid 2 kip experienced ard 4 juz in case ...

... current batch of staff is of poor stock ... existing staffs r nowhere near ze quality of yesteryears ... despite paying bigger salaries, u dun manage 2 attract gd enuf talents ...

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disinformation, disinformation, disinformation. That's all you oppos know. You should go and write for the Sinapore Democrats.

The PMO is also a ministry with subjects. With more subjects assumed by the PMO, more ministers are needed. It is the same in Malaysia that is why the de-facto law minister is minister in the Prime Minister's Department.

SM Goh has his own subjects. SM Jayakumar has also got his own subjects. The two DPMs also have their own ministries to run.

Lim Swee Say fills a role which has been filled since the days of Lim Chee Onn - labour leader with a cabinet voice. He could have ben like Lim Chee Onn or Ong Teng Cheong - Minister without Portfolio. But PM Lee decided it would be better to park him in PMO.

Of course if you prefer, PM Lee can split PMO into 6 more ministries. Then PMO need not have so many ministers.

But all this does not matter to oppos. All they want are criticism opportunity.

retirement.jpg

retirementvillagesfordummies.jpg

retire.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's in the Prime Minister's Office now:

1 MM
2 SM
1 PM
2 DPM
3 PMOM

9 ministers in PMO.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that this Wong Kanina Sing still on Deputy Prime Minister role after so much screw ups really makes me boil. It is obvious that the whole reshuffle is changing the soup but not the medicine.

ho_seh_liow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan is also xenophobia but compared to Korea , it is better. Why I say so because Japs are much much more polite than hooligan Koreans. Koreans are rough and rude, if you have not travelled to Korea you will not be able to realise what I say.
Ask ppl who have been here in Korea, pushing, jumping Q, spitting when they walk past you,...etc is considered norm here in Korea.

japan is also corrupted loh and extremely foreigner unfriendly. I know someone who is fluent in Japanese, work in Japan for donkey years but absolutely no chance of getting Jap PR unless he screwed a Jap girl and marry her.

And looking the way the Jap economy is heading...its spiralling downwards.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also why do we need a President and a PM? :confused:

We have a Parliamentary system, so the head of government and the head of state are served by two different people.

Even the likes of India, Australia, Japan, Sweden and the UK all have such a system. The point is that while the head of state ranks symbolically above the head of government, the PM, in some cases like in Australia, the PM appoints the Governor General and the Queen seldom, if ever, disapproves of his choice.

The key here is that if there's a President who's the head of state, he shouldn't be like what the status quo gives him right now. I'm all for an elected President- but I believe the candidates running for the presidency should not be vetted by a council staffed by former civil servants who are also politicised. It must be done by a more independent council, whose members would be drawn from prominent members of the public, including those who are working in NGOs, big and small and social activists who has a lot of gravitas and a good reputation among his/her peers and/or with the general public.

Only then would say 3 candidates will be running for the Presidency..