• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Do Many Chinese Hawkers Still Tout?

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK, I'd better put on my bullet-proof vest and get into my bomb shelter before saying this. In North America, Europe and Australia, nobody does that except pimps, hookers, charity solicitors and religious evangelists. Perhaps touting is an Asian culture, not restricted to Chinese. For that, I apologize. But if you refer back to my TS post again, me and my Singaporean Chinese friends were irritated by the PRC Chinese hawker touts. I also apologize for the title typed to quick missing something but there's no function to edit and correct it.

Dude, can u please stop pretending to be a savant? :rolleyes:

Please take a walk down lygon street in melbourne and u will get irritating touts left and right from those italian restuarant operators, and they sure are damn persistent following u down a few blocks with their irritating rip-offs before giving up :mad:. And no, they ain't Asian! Surprise Surprise huh!? They turn out to be ur favorite caucasian people!!!! Oh My, what a sad day for Forvendet......

U cldn't have put it more clear that u have something against Asians (especially the Chinese). Quite a number of ur other threads/ responses are ethnic specific rather than issue specific. There is no need for you to be ethnic specific when it comes to touting because every races/ ethnicities do that to get business. U need to open up ur mind and stop seeing things the way u want to because the world does not spin around just you alone.

Try with all ur might to identify with ur paternal heritage. Nevertheless, in the eyes of the white racists, u are nothing but a bastardize breed that is a disgrace to their so-called "superior genes".

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Royalblood said:
Dude, can u please stop pretending to be a savant? :rolleyes:

Please take a walk down lygon street in melbourne and u will get irritating touts left and right from those italian restuarant operators, and they sure are damn persistent following u down a few blocks with their irritating rip-offs before giving up :mad:. And no, they ain't Asian! Surprise Surprise huh!? They turn out to be ur favorite caucasian people!!!! Oh My, what a sad day for Forvendet....

Visit Pagaille in Paris and King Cross in Sydney. Same things - touts. It seems the basic form of marketing is touting. Only in newer times you see techniques like newspaper and TV advertising, online marketing, pamphlets distribution etc.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wow! i'm surprised i tot only other asians especially chinese tout......

Bro , touting is normal in every country .. It's just another way of doing business and I find nothing wrong with it . Even angmo touts . If u have been to europe you will know what I mean ..touting got nothing to do with nationality .

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro , touting is normal in every country .. It's just another way of doing business and I find nothing wrong with it . Even angmo touts . If u have been to europe you will know what I mean ..touting got nothing to do with nationality .

No problem bro. I was just being sarcastic cos you know there are ppl out there that will simply stereotype everything bad about chinese.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love touts, especially when I'm free strolling around with nothing else better than do. I'll engage them in prolonged conversation and enquiry to pass time and learn something new until I'm done and say sorry not this time, maybe next time, take a rain check. :biggrin:

If you don't like touts, just walk on by, what's the problem? In Singapore, of course you'll get the impression that all touts are Chinese. Local Chinese are the majority of locals. PRC and Malaysian Chinese are the majority of immigrants. Of course, most you come across are Chinese.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Touts exist everywhere in the world. Touts are proactive salesmen, promoters, and marketeers. Toutism is a low cost form of advertising and promotion - the sales force is the advertiser!

The boy who sells "ma pew poh" on the streets and who cries out "mah pew poh" at you is a tout.
The pimp who accosts you in BKK, Geylang, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Taiwan...is a tout.
The karang guni man who comes knocking at yr door is a tout.
The uniformed guy at Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Courts etc who ambushes you between the shelves is a tout.
Last, but not least, all our general and presidential election candidates were touts.
Our PM and President are the chief touts.

Love them or hate them....we are all touts one time or another, one way or another, this life or the next...

Last edited: