• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why All Foreigners don't enjoy the same benefits as Singaporeans?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaaa
I am a citizen, I feel that PR also pays the same tax as everybody else, why do they not enjoy the same benefit. I do agree that whoever chose to live in singapore should abide by our laws, rules and way of life. But having a different treatment or rules for them may not be the solution.
Posted by: sdd20122 at Tue Aug 18 13:39:01 SGT 2009

This is true, if they pay taxes they should enjoy the same benefits..

definitely not discounted benefits.

even unemployed singaporeans, who don't pay taxes gets all the benefits!!!!

where's the fairness? where's the humanity?

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abiding by the laws of the land one chooses to be in (or for one's money to be in) is an obligation, including tax laws. It's not something to boast about as if some kind of sacrifice. Even tourists and investors have to abide by the laws of the land.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abiding by the laws of the land one chooses to be in (or for one's money to be in) is an obligation, including tax laws. It's not something to boast about as if some kind of sacrifice. Even tourists and investors have to abide by the laws of the land.

i think if a foreigner consistently pays his taxes for at least few years..

should he be entitled all the equal benefits as a normal citizen who has the option of paying or not paying taxes??

okay one could argue citizens served NS..but your sisters or father and mothers don't? so how?

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole idea is not - to penalize PRs or Foreign Workers in Singapore.

The situation is such that the benefits of being a citizen is negligible,
yet locals have to sacrifice so much for that little. Being a PR is the same
as being a citizen, without the responsibilities of one.

The solution is very simple. A less crowded Singapore. A Singapore for
people who really wants to make it their home, immigrants or locals,
it doesn't matter.

Right now, its just a hotel.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The solution is very simple. A less crowded Singapore.

who doesn't want a less crowded singapore?...the MRT always packed like sardines during peak hours.

anyway, who came up with the idea of massively importing foreigners?

we need to find out the culprit....:biggrin: