• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean says he feels like a second-class citizen as his foreign classmates are advancing to uni while he serves NS

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Want to make sinkie more wealthy, healthy? Abolish NS.

powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore,” said the individual in a Reddit post

SINGAPORE: A Reddit user currently serving NS wrote of how “helpless and redundant” he feels because while his former classmates from other countries are moving forward, he is “stuck in camp listening to power-tripping sergeants.”
u/GreenLow721 wrote on r/SingaporeRaw on Wednesday (Apr 12) that he felt like a second-class citizen in JC compared to the foreign scholars.

ADVERTISING

He added that they “basically received all the same benefits and more as any Singaporean student” arguing that “there were some Singaporean students including me who were actually better than them at studies” and that the foreign students “were good but honestly not that great as you would expect.”
Nevertheless, he feels that these scholars were given more opportunities than Singaporeans.
“Even worse, they were marked more leniently as seen by the fact that for PW, only all the scholars got an A, and not the Singaporeans. Are you telling me Singaporeans are bad at speaking English that they can’t even speak better than people from China?”
u/GreenLow721 also pointed out that some didn’t sign up for permanent residency (PR) but instead “choosing to wait out until they were older to apply (to avoid NS).”
“The fact remains that these scholars get to reap the benefits of being Singaporean and even more but when it comes to serving NS (to ‘pay’ back the benefits you received), they don’t need to but us Sinkies need,” he added.
“Today, while I’m stuck in camp listening to powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore. And I as a Sinkie who probably ain’t as well off as them but yet have the same academic ability as them have to waste 2 years of my life, risk my life in war, take loans to pay off uni, have less experience and connections and the govt still dares to say that they are on the side of Singaporeans.
Honesty do you think this is fair?”

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal

powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore,” said the individual in a Reddit post

SINGAPORE: A Reddit user currently serving NS wrote of how “helpless and redundant” he feels because while his former classmates from other countries are moving forward, he is “stuck in camp listening to power-tripping sergeants.”
u/GreenLow721 wrote on r/SingaporeRaw on Wednesday (Apr 12) that he felt like a second-class citizen in JC compared to the foreign scholars.

ADVERTISING

He added that they “basically received all the same benefits and more as any Singaporean student” arguing that “there were some Singaporean students including me who were actually better than them at studies” and that the foreign students “were good but honestly not that great as you would expect.”
Nevertheless, he feels that these scholars were given more opportunities than Singaporeans.
“Even worse, they were marked more leniently as seen by the fact that for PW, only all the scholars got an A, and not the Singaporeans. Are you telling me Singaporeans are bad at speaking English that they can’t even speak better than people from China?”
u/GreenLow721 also pointed out that some didn’t sign up for permanent residency (PR) but instead “choosing to wait out until they were older to apply (to avoid NS).”
“The fact remains that these scholars get to reap the benefits of being Singaporean and even more but when it comes to serving NS (to ‘pay’ back the benefits you received), they don’t need to but us Sinkies need,” he added.
“Today, while I’m stuck in camp listening to powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore. And I as a Sinkie who probably ain’t as well off as them but yet have the same academic ability as them have to waste 2 years of my life, risk my life in war, take loans to pay off uni, have less experience and connections and the govt still dares to say that they are on the side of Singaporeans.

this is what happens when you have the most balls-less PM on earth, only know how to bully his own people

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for the loophole that Yew kia created for his 2 sons... SAF Scholarship....

Pull u out of NSF after 3 months BMT... send to uni and back to SAF become officer rank and enjoy good life army and be serve by buay tak cheh NSF... cooks and cleaners....

Join PAP constituency porlumpers to climb to the top of the ladder like uncle @JohnTan ....

But just be proud NSF training is good for discipline, preparation training than those uncouth non NSF trained assholes.

NSF trained males are like a polished gem and will shines and sparkles at civilian workplaces.... no horse run...

Have known migrant Sinkie sons in 5 eye went back to Singapore to serve his 2 years NSF stints and are proud to do so.... they see values in getting real life combat stints training that they can't get in 5 eye.... amazing to hear these sons say what they seen NSF training help his father become good fatherhood..

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he go deeper n chk ,maybe his covk will stand up ,if he sees wat kind of life style,food, ownerships of wat papigs hv ,he will die of shock,lol

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't feel like a second class citizen... you are a second class citizen.

The PAP technocrats fantasizes about having a expat to local ratio similar to Dubai.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for the loophole that Yew kia created for his 2 sons... SAF Scholarship....

Pull u out of NSF after 3 months BMT... send to uni and back to SAF become officer rank and enjoy good life army and be serve by buay tak cheh NSF... cooks and cleaners....

Join PAP constituency porlumpers to climb to the top of the ladder like uncle @JohnTan ....

But just be proud NSF training is good for discipline, preparation training than those uncouth non NSF trained assholes.

NSF trained males are like a polished gem and will shines and sparkles at civilian workplaces.... no horse run...

Have known migrant Sinkie sons in 5 eye went back to Singapore to serve his 2 years NSF stints and are proud to do so.... they see values in getting real life combat stints training that they can't get in 5 eye.... amazing to hear these sons say what they seen NSF training help his father become good fatherhood..
NS is slave labour. Bondage. Malays should be exempted due to peaceful religion. Prohibited from killing another soul. Go ask. Mohamad Ali.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't feel like a second class citizen... you are a second class citizen.

The PAP technocrats fantasizes about having a expat to local ratio similar to Dubai.
I thought suppose to emulate Switzerland! If we follow Dubai, is this going up or down?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS is slave labour. Bondage. Malays should be exempted due to peaceful religion. Prohibited from killing another soul. Go ask. Mohamad Ali.

Religion is also a slave labour to a fake who wrote nonsense book of God...

Read Bible Psalms 118: 8 It is better believe in God than in confident of man...

Believe in Taiwan Gods of All God... a merchandise God make money type...

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

ADVERTISING

He not happy, he should go home and slap his mother and father for voting for the PAP multiple times. That's what got him into this situation.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make use of the time there become Superstar Keng King....

1. learn to try what not to do when told,
2. Do as told to do and nothing more...
3. Learn to be a keng king to beat all keng kings in your camp... like siam guard duty...
4. Learn to arrow other to do your duty....
5. Learn how to sabo the officer or others.
6. Learn how to break or stall the equipment like battery flat.... or broken parts and then can stay idle while watch others suffer ....
7. Learn how to siam road march 20km, attach to other camp for siong training.
8. Learn how to medically fall sick like in grown toe nail on the foot and get 3 day MC.
9. Learn to be MC king... get sick instantly...,
9.a. learn how to get instant high blood pressure and get down grade to PES 3 and do clerk duty for rest of the term...
10. Learn to get best food by be friends to the cookhouse boys...
11. Learn how to date your bunk friend chiobu sisters...
12. Learn how to attach out for sport game and stay outside camp for months or weeks...

Where in any organisation that you can Learn to be the best keng king of all time...

...and paid by PAP.... and has to wait for you to ROD to end it all...

你拜初一 我拜十五....

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway 60% still have not wake up their idea and will continue to be sheep sacrificing their lives serving the precious foreign talents that create jobs for locals.
Just wait till he finish NS, university and find CECA can get easily get better jobs than him ........good luck and look foward to carrying cardboads for exercise when you retire