• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean says he feels like a second-class citizen as his foreign classmates are advancing to uni while he serves NS

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
U obviously have never done NS before.
You only need to experience one road march training..
A taste of one bitter experience is enough and such training has no values ... next step is 你拜初一 我拜十五 ..... Keng need skill set and risk and balls to implement and execute with precison engineering skill .... 冲啊...

in3deep

Alfrescian
Loyal
This muddafugger should shut the fuck up and serve his NS. Why is he comparing himself to the handful of foreigners n scholars when he should be benchmarking him against 99.9% of sinkies who serve NS as well. I bet this muddafugger is probably in the bottom 10% of the sinkie population as well so he's not going to achieve anything much even if he did not serve NS

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Want to make sinkie more wealthy, healthy? Abolish NS.

powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore,” said the individual in a Reddit post

SINGAPORE: A Reddit user currently serving NS wrote of how “helpless and redundant” he feels because while his former classmates from other countries are moving forward, he is “stuck in camp listening to power-tripping sergeants.”
u/GreenLow721 wrote on r/SingaporeRaw on Wednesday (Apr 12) that he felt like a second-class citizen in JC compared to the foreign scholars.

ADVERTISING

He added that they “basically received all the same benefits and more as any Singaporean student” arguing that “there were some Singaporean students including me who were actually better than them at studies” and that the foreign students “were good but honestly not that great as you would expect.”
Nevertheless, he feels that these scholars were given more opportunities than Singaporeans.
“Even worse, they were marked more leniently as seen by the fact that for PW, only all the scholars got an A, and not the Singaporeans. Are you telling me Singaporeans are bad at speaking English that they can’t even speak better than people from China?”
u/GreenLow721 also pointed out that some didn’t sign up for permanent residency (PR) but instead “choosing to wait out until they were older to apply (to avoid NS).”
“The fact remains that these scholars get to reap the benefits of being Singaporean and even more but when it comes to serving NS (to ‘pay’ back the benefits you received), they don’t need to but us Sinkies need,” he added.
“Today, while I’m stuck in camp listening to powertripping sergeants, I see these scholars already in Uni and going ahead with life and enjoying scholarships by Singapore. And I as a Sinkie who probably ain’t as well off as them but yet have the same academic ability as them have to waste 2 years of my life, risk my life in war, take loans to pay off uni, have less experience and connections and the govt still dares to say that they are on the side of Singaporeans.
Honesty do you think this is fair?”
Wait till that young sinkie tries to buy cheap HDB flats while his foreign friends are stuck with increasing rentals. Then he'll fully appreciate his sinkie citizenship.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet again another sadly ignorant citizen.... Had our education system & sacred National Pledge taken daily in our formative years failed him?

Foreign talents are needed, be it their parent's skillsets or their wealth to upgrade & provide for our economy. It may seemed that they live a good life, but they & their parents will LACK the necessary skills for survival.

NEVER, EVER take peace for granted. For peace to thrive, it needs EVERY citizen to be on guard to protect such, not for the elites, but our very own loved ones - parents, relatives & friends. Alone, one will be easily killed by a mere 7.62mm bullet, but when combined, fully trained & ready, over years, there won't be enough bullets or even nukes to destroy us or our way of life built up by far more courageous founding & forefathers....

In times of peace, it may seemed that foreigners have benefits, but most citizens are unaware of the HUGE financial outlays they will need to sustain life in Singapore. In times of peace, they can flee to other shores but when a world is at war, they will be the ones whom will be the first to lose their entire wealth & lives, as they & their next generations will not be able to survive in such situations. Do not be jealous of them, but pity them...

Our founding & forefathers knew full well what the situation was in the World in the turbulent 60s. Even after independence, there were times when we Singapore came close to war, but fortunately, by the hearts & minds of our courageous forefathers with TOTAL DEFENCE ideology, enemies backed down. The threats against our small red dot nation on World map is only delayed, not eliminated, in our World where barbarians still exists...

Thus a need to never take peace for granted. Many of our forefathers had COURAGEOUSLY stood up, went thru NS & NSF, to be prepared & ready, & had passed this torch of courage to all generations & fellow citizens. There were some whom fled, but only to become third class citizens in other nations & even treated as would-be traitors to their country, never to be trusted, & lived a life to be spat upon by others.

We citizens understand fear. None wants war, but sadly, in order to prevent wars is to be prepared for it. It is our way of life, as shared by many whom swore upon our sacred National Pledge, to leave no one behind, to progress & evolve..

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the pioneers should be like this china lady who now lives in sinkie. Maintain her china passport..

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yet again another sadly ignorant citizen.... Had our education system & sacred National Pledge taken daily in our formative years failed him?

Foreign talents are needed, be it their parent's skillsets or their wealth to upgrade & provide for our economy. It may seemed that they live a good life, but they & their parents will LACK the necessary skills for survival.

NEVER, EVER take peace for granted. For peace to thrive, it needs EVERY citizen to be on guard to protect such, not for the elites, but our very own loved ones - parents, relatives & friends. Alone, one will be easily killed by a mere 7.62mm bullet, but when combined, fully trained & ready, over years, there won't be enough bullets or even nukes to destroy us or our way of life built up by far more courageous founding & forefathers....

In times of peace, it may seemed that foreigners have benefits, but most citizens are unaware of the HUGE financial outlays they will need to sustain life in Singapore. In times of peace, they can flee to other shores but when a world is at war, they will be the ones whom will be the first to lose their entire wealth & lives, as they & their next generations will not be able to survive in such situations. Do not be jealous of them, but pity them...

Our founding & forefathers knew full well what the situation was in the World in the turbulent 60s. Even after independence, there were times when we Singapore came close to war, but fortunately, by the hearts & minds of our courageous forefathers with TOTAL DEFENCE ideology, enemies backed down. The threats against our small red dot nation on World map is only delayed, not eliminated, in our World where barbarians still exists...

Thus a need to never take peace for granted. Many of our forefathers had COURAGEOUSLY stood up, went thru NS & NSF, to be prepared & ready, & had passed this torch of courage to all generations & fellow citizens. There were some whom fled, but only to become third class citizens in other nations & even treated as would-be traitors to their country, never to be trusted, & lived a life to be spat upon by others.

We citizens understand fear. None wants war, but sadly, in order to prevent wars is to be prepared for it. It is our way of life, as shared by many whom swore upon our sacred National Pledge, to leave no one behind, to progress & evolve..

WHat a fucking bunch of bullshit. No need to write so much. U just tell me who is our military enemy such that we need NS and a $15 billion a year defence budget.

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHat a fucking bunch of bullshit. No need to write so much. U just tell me who is our military enemy such that we need NS and a $15 billion a year defence budget.

Today's friends can become your enemies tomorrow, so too today's enemies can become your friends the next day.....a Truism known to Humanity since Civilization began.

You will know WHO are your enemies are when they appear at your gates, & by then, you will be glad that there exists well trained, prepared & ready NSmen to protect their loved ones collectively, 3.5 Million citizens whom follows our TOTAL DEFENCE ideology, determined to defend & maintain our freedom, progress & way of life & a $15 Billion budget to fund such endeavors.

So do not, ever, EVER FUCK with Singapore. I will strike back, even if alone. I have no death wish but with much in life to live for. I would rather be dead standing fighting back than to run away & live with guilt for shirking my duty as an able bodied citizen, abandoning my loved ones, my family, my relatives, my friends & everyone else whom worked hard to build Singapore to what it is today & into the future.