• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which country your ancestors had come from?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Africa

out_of_Africa.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guangdong Chaozhou ( Teochew )
my clan got hokkien assimilated in sg.

Teochew and Suatow cities are bordering on Hokkien (Fujian) province and much further from Canton capital (Guangdong). That's why Teochew, though in Canton province, share more similarities with Hokkien than with Cantonese.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Teochew and Suatow cities are bordering on Hokkien (Fujian) province and much further from Canton capital (Guangdong). That's why Teochew, though in Canton province, share more similarities with Hokkien than with Cantonese.
last time, teochew belong 2 fujian 1 ...

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
If looking at recent ancestry, it is Huizhou,

If looking at detailed and more ancient ancestry, it is Northern China and related to the Koreans.

Green Light

Alfrescian
Loyal
My great grandfather came from fujian in the 1890s, I was told he was a member of the 1st generations secret society Hong Shun Tang (Ang Soon Tong). He work his way up from a fighter to a head man and rank number 3 in the early 1900s and was killed during a gang fight with the teochew gang in China town. After my dad passed away in 2001 we found a dagger which he inherited from my great grandpa and we only learned that my business man dad was also a SS member in disguised :eek:

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me start the ball rolling.

They were from the Republic of China. (中华民国)

How about you guys? :smile:

wahlaneh...
my parents parents (my grandparents) were born in singapore local peranakan singaporeans.
my grandparents grandparents were also born in singapore local peranakan singaporeans.
too high up dunnoe liao lah.:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If looking at recent ancestry, it is Huizhou,

If looking at detailed and more ancient ancestry, it is Northern China and related to the Koreans.

Korea is north-east of China. Huizhou is in Canton, in the south of China. Thousands of miles apart.

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Korea is north-east of China. Huizhou is in Canton, in the south of China. Thousands of miles apart.

wahlaneh...
now u know why china must always protect north korea?
it's like a little finger of PRC's open palm mah.
how to not feel pain when little finger kana hamtam by other people?
thats why the bombing of that ship case china also hush-hush ...shhh...

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I got eyes no see Tarzan. You LKY related.

Please pardon me, any offence caused is unintended.

冒犯之处,绝无恶意,敬请原谅。
I will see you in court and be ready to pay damages for defamation of the Hakka clan.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't like that lah, I say sorry already. :(
I decided to drop all charges against you.

Back to topic, I have always heard Hakkas have varied backgrounds. Some might be Koreans or Japanese who lived in China and became Chinese. Some might also be Mongolians who settled in China. But of course, all these are hear-say. The background of Hakkas is not that easy to define.