• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What will you do if Jann Goh Hwee Suan is your wife?

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
appeal-wongkwaichow.jpg

FORMER investment analyst Russell Tan Rui Leen, 39, has succeeded in his appeal against his sentence of four years' jail and eight strokes of the cane for slashing and stabbing his wife.

Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong on Monday set aside the sentence of caning and reduced the jail term to three years.

Giving his decision, CJ Chan said Tan had committed the offence against a domestic backdrop of prolonged marital conflict and verbal abuse by his wife.

Tan believed the actions of his wife, Ms Jann Goh Hwee Suan, 35, was harmful to the welfare of the children, the various maids whom the couple had employed and himself.

Before the stabbing, Tan had been on the receiving end of derogatory remarks about him in the children's presence as well as numerous police reports she made against him.
This led to the build-up of severe mental stress in Tan, and he lost his self control on the day of the incident in the face of more taunting.

'It is common experience that verbal abuse can be more hurtful and provocative than physical abuse,' said CJ Chan, adding that a deterrent sentence of caning and a long jail term was 'pointless' in a case in which an offence is committed as a result of loss of self control.

On Sept 30, 2007, Tan had grabbed a knife from the kitchen to repeatedly slash and stab his wife. Ms Goh spent 18 days in hospital.

Tan, a former Business Times and Straits Times journalist, pleaded guilty to causing grievous hurt in a district court but appealed.

Representing himself during his appeal hearing in March, he spoke for more than half an hour, painting a picture of his wife as an abusive woman who persistently taunted him until he snapped.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i were the husband, i would have sex with my wife every night or day when i do not work. make sure she enjoys and has orgaism every time. these would not happen then.

pity the man. after caning, his cock could not stand any more.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If wife is a bitch, then divorce her and get a new one. Why the stabbing and get yourself in deep shit with the law?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean there is no divorce case for christains? Either you are lying or you are too dumb to acknowledge what is real. Either case, your brain is screwed.

excuse me, did i said christians don't divorce??

i was giving some infos on good and healthy marriages.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

sorry lah..

just that from the way u promote chrisianity, seems like christians are the bestest in the world, and the world need to revolve around them.:biggrin:

jimmyfallon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever is representing this guy, get his number cuz one day if you need his services he will get u reduced sentence or even walk u out of jail

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did you not say "both neber met Jesus, other this wouldn't be happening!"?

You mean Christians neber met Jesus? Or are you saying Christians still have not met Jesus? By your statement, if one (Christians) met Jesus, they would not end up in a bad marriage. Isn't what has happened a result from a bad marriage? Or are you saying this is not a result of a bad marriage? Is your brain still working?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women needs physical comfort, material comfort and attention. They go crazy if anyone of these is missing.