• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What was your favorite cinema in the old days?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched this movie 6 times at this cinema. This one is a classic that started the whole horror + comedy + kung-fu craze.

Queenstown_cinema_1.jpg

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And Lucky Restaurant was the in place nong nong time ago next door.

Still remember queuing for SW tickets snaking all the way to the other end
Many people including me queue up one day in advance for the tickets. It was a fantastic experience watching Star Wars on a big screen back then.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fond memories of Yangtze. It was quite a hip place back in the day. Even had a Burger King next to it.

RA films huh ?

the oldest cinema i've ever been to was Hollywood near my place..............

i also like Jade, Prince, Cathay....................can't stand the modern cineplex............

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of the more obscure cinemas back in the days. Last time I was there, it showed ah-neh movies. Not sure about now.

golden-mile-tower_1.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the Shaw Bros marital arts movies starring Fu Sheng, Ti Lung etc. I watched them at President Cinema along Balestier Rd.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time no budget hotel by the hour so always book the last row and saybo and rubba my girl.