• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What do you think of this chicken rice recipe ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce

you can buy from cut the mustard
http://www.cutthemustard.com.sg/
Is this for Thai version of chicken rice?
No self respecting local chicken rice seller would buy chilli sauce off the shelf.
Most will have own secret recipe for chilli....usually by varying the proprtions of same few main ingredients.....chilli, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic.
Some known to include additional not so common items like chicken oil, carrot juice even

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nasi Lemak most important is the coconut milk followed by pandan leaves....lemon grass cannot substitute....not sure what you will end up with by using lemon grass

That was what I was thinking!, lemon grass!? I crush lemon grass in all the curries I cook, except for fish!

Jumong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe some of you can help troubleshoot.

I was offered a plate of chicken rice with soup by a Thai manageress. Apparently it's a new addition to their existing menu. I was asked to offer my opinion.

I was quite surprised that the chicken was soft and very unlike those stiff chicken meat that most Thai hawker stalls sell. Unfortunately, the meat is tasteless ! The softness is also uneven. I said I couldn't taste any 'oil' inside the meat, and being chicken breast it's tasteless. She asked me what went wrong and what should have been added. I couldn't answer the question as I don't really know how to cook chicken rice from scratch. I always buy Prima ingredients packs.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is this for Thai version of chicken rice?
No self respecting local chicken rice seller would buy chilli sauce off the shelf.
Most will have own secret recipe for chilli....usually by varying the proprtions of same few main ingredients.....chilli, vinegar, salt, sugar, garlic.
Some known to include additional not so common items like chicken oil, carrot juice even

that aprticular chilli sauce is very popular amnong aericans