• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What can a SAF Lieutanant Colonel work as after leaving SAF at age 45?

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
The following SAFOS were from RI, and (PS means also President's Scholar)

1971: BTH, SBW and Liu Tsun Kie (I do not know this scholar)

http://investing.businessweek.com/r.../person.asp?personId=8810027&privcapId=429685

Liu Tsun Kie isn't starving to death from the looks of things. No mention of his time in the SAF though....

Mr. Liu Tsun Kie has been Chief Executive Officer of Consumer Electronics Division of Linmark Group Limited, a subsidiary of Roly International Holdings Ltd. since November 1, 2005. Mr. Liu serves as Corporate Development Officer of Comfortdelgro Corporation Limited. He has over 30 years of experience in electronic engineering, telecommunications, corporate finance and general administration. He was appointed to sit on the Singapore Broadcasting Authority Board by the Minister of Information and the Arts in Singapore in 2000. He served as Deputy Chairman of Roly International Holdings Ltd., a holding company of Byford International Ltd. since 2000. He has been an Independent Non Executive Director of DVN Holdings Limited since 2000. He served as Executive Director of Roly International Holdings Ltd. since November 1, 2005. He served as an Independent & Non Executive Director of MAE Holdings Ltd. since July 23, 2007. He Previously served as Independent Non Executive Director of DVN Holdings Limited from January 26, 1996 to April 30, 2005. He served as Executive Director of Byford International Ltd. from April 30, 2005 to April 30, 2006. Mr. Liu holds a Bachelor of Science (Honors) degree in Electronics Engineering from Birmingham University, the UK and a Master of Business Administration in International Finance degree from the Graduate School of Business Administration, Keio University in Japan.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as he doesn't carry PAP balls, any type of job the retired colonel do will deserve my respect for him, even if he has to become a taxi driver. Anyone agree with me Kee Chiu! Kee Chiu!

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not second batch, but third batch of SAFOS.

You may be correct that LHK was a COL.

I know of one SAFOS, who purposely not do well, and remained a CPT until he ORD (when he completed his bond), because he did not want to have a big opportunity cost of switching back to civilian life. He may be the only SAFOS, who ORD as a CPT, after 7 years.

Thanks bro for the info.

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following SAFOS were from RI, and (PS means also President's Scholar)

1971: BTH, SBW and Liu Tsun Kie (I do not know this scholar)

1972: Chong San Chew, Yong Choon Kong, Tan Check Hoon, Lim Neo Chian, Pek Beng Chan

1973: LHK (also PS), Tan Kim Siew

1974: Tan Yoke Meng Willie (was a Deputy PS at MINDEF), Bey Soo Khiang, Chew Leng Hock (also a PS)

1975: Lee Fook Sun, Ho Meng Kit

1976: Tham Kui Seng (also a PS, President's Scout, rugby captain), Lee Hon Sun (also a PS, President's Scout)

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/achievements/rollofhonour

http://www.ri.edu.sg/main/achievements/rollofhonour

Where are all those ex-PS etc? Could not find anything on Chew Leng Hock, Tham Kui Seng or Lee Hon Sun. Only a notice posted by MAS against a Lee Hon Sun for fraud, not sure if it is the same guy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not second batch, but third batch of SAFOS.

You may be correct that LHK was a COL.

I know of one SAFOS, who purposely not do well, and remained a CPT until he ORD (when he completed his bond), because he did not want to have a big opportunity cost of switching back to civilian life. He may be the only SAFOS, who ORD as a CPT, after 7 years.

Ok. Since lhl was 1971 first batch I guess they from 1973 should be 3rd batch.
Always confused with LHY as 3rd batch as he was 3 SMC.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://investing.businessweek.com/r.../person.asp?personId=8810027&privcapId=429685

Liu Tsun Kie isn't starving to death from the looks of things. No mention of his time in the SAF though....

Mr. Liu Tsun Kie has been Chief Executive Officer of Consumer Electronics Division of Linmark Group Limited, a subsidiary of Roly International Holdings Ltd. since November 1, 2005. Mr. Liu serves as Corporate Development Officer of Comfortdelgro Corporation Limited. He has over 30 years of experience in electronic engineering, telecommunications, corporate finance and general administration. He was appointed to sit on the Singapore Broadcasting Authority Board by the Minister of Information and the Arts in Singapore in 2000. He served as Deputy Chairman of Roly International Holdings Ltd., a holding company of Byford International Ltd. since 2000. He has been an Independent Non Executive Director of DVN Holdings Limited since 2000. He served as Executive Director of Roly International Holdings Ltd. since November 1, 2005. He served as an Independent & Non Executive Director of MAE Holdings Ltd. since July 23, 2007. He Previously served as Independent Non Executive Director of DVN Holdings Limited from January 26, 1996 to April 30, 2005. He served as Executive Director of Byford International Ltd. from April 30, 2005 to April 30, 2006. Mr. Liu holds a Bachelor of Science (Honors) degree in Electronics Engineering from Birmingham University, the UK and a Master of Business Administration in International Finance degree from the Graduate School of Business Administration, Keio University in Japan.

Thank you, brother.
There is very little about his SAF career.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where are all those ex-PS etc? Could not find anything on Chew Leng Hock, Tham Kui Seng or Lee Hon Sun. Only a notice posted by MAS against a Lee Hon Sun for fraud, not sure if it is the same guy.

I remember CLH's face from those days, but have no info about his SAF career.

Tham Kui Seng left the SAF as LTC or COL, at the end of his bond, then was COO or CEO of one of the Capital Land subsidiaries. Now retired.
Supposed to meet him and a few schoolmates at some coffee shop in the East part of SG, but I got lost.

I cannot recall where LHS is working, although I met him last year.

Last edited:

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Info for LHY is correct.
He was in the Scholars Platoon in Charlie Company (way at the end at the old SAFTI)

Yes, I confer too. When I entered OCS (4 SMC) Alpha Coy, Lee Hsien Yang was an Underofficer then in his Senior Term, and he was in-charge of overseeing us cadets in the Junior Term at Alpha Coy. He instructions were very clear to the other Senior Term cadets, that they were to guide and help us but not to harass us. I must add that Lee Hsien Yang was very kind to us Junior Cadets in that he did not condone unnecessary harassment or punishment to us. Was very impressed by his attitude and leadership.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Yes, I confer too. When I entered OCS (4 SMC) Alpha Coy, Lee Hsien Yang was an Underofficer then in his Senior Term, and he was in-charge of overseeing us cadets in the Junior Term at Alpha Coy. He instructions were very clear to the other Senior Term cadets, that they were to guide and help us but not to harass us. I must add that Lee Hsien Yang was very kind to us Junior Cadets in that he did not condone unnecessary harassment or punishment to us. Was very impressed by his attitude and leadership.

Heard from my uncle who was in same batch that LHY was a nice guy and liked to go out and "chiong" with the other boys. Daddy didn't approve this peceived peasant like behaviour and hence older Bro got all the favoritism

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard from my uncle who was in same batch that LHY was a nice guy and liked to go out and "chiong" with the other boys. Daddy didn't approve this peceived peasant like behaviour and hence older Bro got all the favoritism

LHY seems to be a humble chap. He was for the longest time using his old tiny honda hatchback to drive to work in MINDEF.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHY seems to be a humble chap. He was for the longest time using his old tiny honda hatchback to drive to work in MINDEF.

Yes he was OC in 40SAR and later CO 46SAR....everyone likes him as he was super welfare. Even the canteen food was superb. Total no airs and extremely friendly unlike his brother.
Later years always see him in holland jelita collecting his laundry or going to tailors. Always make an effort to say hello to those who know him.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes he was OC in 40SAR and later CO 46SAR....everyone likes him as he was super welfare. Even the canteen food was superb. Total no airs and extremely friendly unlike his brother.
Later years always see him in holland jelita collecting his laundry or going to tailors. Always make an effort to say hello to those who know him.

that's a good fact to know

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Both, I heard the same thing about LHY...he seems to be really very different from the rest of the Lees..He is humble and shows humility,,also he flirts and heard he steal eat that why divorce his 1st wife (I think hor). Unlike his father and bro who are no different from Eunuchs. Maybe he would make a better PM but its highly unlikely he will go into politics. I think he will try his best to 'leave'. Like go other countries and keep low profile. Maybe that why he is not into politics. Bcos he dont want to be in it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, very humble.

This guy loves to go to supermarket wherever he is. When he was staying in Cairnhill, always carrying groceries. When he was staying in Perth on weekends in his other home also in supermarket from what I hear. Must be so kind of relief. The brother on the other hand will be found in computer store in Funan.

Father used to wallop the youngest fellow. Even after he became an adult father used to lose his temper. Merchinta, yellow Ferrari, roving eyes, heat seeking dick etc.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Both, I heard the same thing about LHY...he seems to be really very different from the rest of the Lees..He is humble and shows humility,,also he flirts and heard he steal eat that why divorce his 1st wife (I think hor). Unlike his father and bro who are no different from Eunuchs. Maybe he would make a better PM but its highly unlikely he will go into politics. I think he will try his best to 'leave'. Like go other countries and keep low profile. Maybe that why he is not into politics. Bcos he dont want to be in it.

His son however is a rather arrogant debater

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard once LHY packed his bags want to elope with his then gf.
Comptroller of immigrant called his father and stopped him.
Chap behaves like your ordinary spoilt brat rich kid.