• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Unlinked cases SURGES in Singapore... Spiralling out of conrtrol!!!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
WELL SAID !!! ,,,,,,,

Condoms not effective against HPV or herpes

7-9 minutes

EXPERT ADVICE From Dr. Ricki Pollycove

(06-21) 15:39 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- Since the AIDS epidemic, awareness of sexually transmitted diseases seems embedded as a Bay Area cultural norm. Yet most people don't know about how common viral STDs actually are.

Experts say being exposed to at least one STD virus is virtually inevitable. Viral STDs make up the modern "4-H club." Herpes simplex virus (HSV), human papilloma virus (HPV), hepatitis (B and C), and HIV are the most common STDs, causing pain, cancer, liver disease and AIDS, respectively.

Condoms significantly decrease transmission rates of the most life-threatening viruses, HIV and hep B and C. But it's not foolproof - statistics on liver disease show that 60 percent of hepatitis carriers acquired the virus by means other than sexual intercourse, such as recreational IV drug use or by receiving a tainted blood transfusion.

But for those 40 percent, a latex condom would have prevented transmission. As long as there is no breakage or leakage, using latex condoms for all sexual penetration prevents transmission of both hepatitis and HIV because those viruses are transmitted through body fluids. Condoms also prevent female-to-male transmission of those viruses.

To be considered safe sex, disease prevention needs to be at the 99 percent level. With the correct use of an intact condom, this is possible for HIV and hepatitis viruses.

Unfortunately, condoms do not do an adequate job of protecting against human papilloma or herpes simplex virus infections. Women diagnosed with HPV are often mystified and frustrated, having been "super careful," or picky, in choosing intimate partners and faithfully using condoms for all intercourse.

But UCSF researchers have shown these viruses to be present on genital skin with no symptoms that might prompt diagnosis and treatment. That means HPV and HSV can be deposited on the condom's outer surface from viral particles living on the scrotum, penile shaft not covered by the condom or vaginal/vulvar tissues.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes so no need for SHN anymore.
Let the virus infect the entire population and run its course. Prepare for 3% mortality. Pap can save a lot of Pioneer handouts

Old people have a lot of political power in SG because of they have been growing in numbers.

It's the fucking ageing population. PAP gotta KOW TOW to them old folks.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yes so no need for SHN anymore.
Let the virus infect the entire population and run its course. Prepare for 3% mortality. Pap can save a lot of Pioneer handouts

No virus ever infects 100% of a population.

Estimates now put the infection numbers at anything between 1% to 10%.

The latest figure from Estonia is 4.8%.

Estonia's population is about 1.33 million. If you extrapolate the data the total number currently infected is about 1,330,000 x 4.8% = 63,840.

There have been 37 deaths so the mortality rate overall is 37/63840 x 100% = 0.058%.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 14.02.08.png

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Wow that is very low.

Once more data like this comes out and they can come to a consensus on what type of populations have low death rates and what kind of populations have higher (besides age) then we can move forward with plans to go back to normal.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
From Iceland : Cannot find anything more up to date.

https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/24/patient-infected-with-two-strains-of-covid-19-in-iceland/

It’s been confirmed that an individual who tested positive for COVID-19 in Iceland has been infected by two strains of the virus simultaneously. The second strain is a mutation of the original novel coronavirus. It is thought that this could be the first recorded dual infection case of this kind.

Speaking to RÚV news yesterday, deCODE CEO, Kári Stefánsson confirmed the unusual infection. It is thought the mutated second strain could be more malicious or infectious because people infected by the dual-strain patient were only found to have the second strain. If this is the case, the virus could be mutating to become more infectious over time. However, Kári was unable to confirm this and suggested it could be a coincidence.

Kári also noted that the mutation found in the sample taken from this dually-infected patient is one that has not been found outside Iceland, according to international databases.

This is just one of the startling new discoveries deCODE has uncovered from its analysis of the genetic sequences of 40 COVID-19 strains found in Iceland. According to Kári, the diversity of genetic sequences found in COVID-19 samples taken in Iceland indicate that the virus was brought to Iceland from a wider range of areas than was previously thought. The main origins of Icelandic infections are currently thought to be Italy, Austria, and Britain. A football match in the U.K. is thought to be the source for seven infections in Iceland.

Kári also estimated that 1% of Icelanders are currently infected. The results of screenings have previously suggested that only 0.5% are infected, but Kári believes the true figure of infections may be higher as many may currently be asymptomatic and as a result not coming forward for tests.

Iceland is fortunate enough to boast some of the best testing capacities in the world right now, although there is currently a EU-wide shortage of medical swabs, which means testing may be more difficult in the coming weeks. Over 10,000 samples have been taken to date, providing Icelandic scientists with invaluable data and allowing the country to become a world leader in research into the genetic make-up of the virus.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Wow that is very low.

Once more data like this comes out and they can come to a consensus on what type of populations have low death rates and what kind of populations have higher (besides age) then we can move forward with plans to go back to normal.

Sorry I made a mistake I used 10% instead of 4.8%. I have corrected the figures.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
The contact tracing detect isolate and treat was supposed to result in less linked cases.

So why are the linked cases still going up?
Because when Malaysia went to MCO, Sg allowed these Malaysians to come in fearing their absence will tank the economy.

Some brought mother father wife sons daughters in also. Just nice 2-3 weeks later the local transmission shot up.

This govt is incompetent.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some brought mother father wife sons daughters in also. Just nice 2-3 weeks later the local transmission shot up.

Yep. This I can confirm cos I know some cheebye jiuhukias brought their entire family here during Jiuhu MCO lockdown. Fuck PAP :FU:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the rate is anything close to double figures then this contact tracing is becoming a waste of time as there are anywhere between 50,000 to 500,000 Singaporeans who have or have had the infection
You are probably right, that is why this pandemic is more serious than what you think. Come to think about it, I am feverish after Ta Bao kopi C from the kopi shop nearby and he gaveme 20cts as change. Who know, some infected fucked has probably held that 20cts for don't know how long before he went to the kopi tiam and now that 20cts was being touched by me. What am I suppposed to do now. So should it be declared as unlinked? Technically it is already linked.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You are probably right, that is why this pandemic is more serious than what you think. Come to think about it, I am feverish after Ta Bao kopi C from the kopi shop nearby and he gaveme 20cts as change. Who know, some infected fucked has probably held that 20cts for don't know how long before he went to the kopi tiam and now that 20cts was being touched by me. What am I suppposed to do now. So should it be declared as unlinked? Technically it is already linked.

Larger infected numbers does not make it more serious it makes it far less serious because what it does is change the whole mortality equation and reduces the probability of death by a huge factor and also will imply that herd immunity is already setting in.

This will put it on par with influenza which means the lockdown can be lifted and we can all return to our usual boring lives. More importantly we can get the economy going again before irreparable damage is done.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Why must you buy Kopi C?

Told you people as far as possible stay at home. Only go out when necessary.

Sigh.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This will put it on par with influenza which means the lockdown can be lifted and we can all return to our usual boring lives. More importantly we can get the economy going again before irreparable damage is done.
Singaporeans life has long been destroyed by PAP, what is there to repair? I don't see how this virus has caused any damage since not money people has attained the swiss standard of living. I see it as a reset of economy to benefit the poor more than the rich.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Kopi C is something you can make at home. Eat home cooked food & beverages from now on.

In any case, if you are not feeling well, you have to lock yourself down.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Why must you buy Kopi C?

Told you people as far as possible stay at home. Only go out when necessary.

Sigh.

I think most of my inputs here are futile because not many seem to understand the stats. My forecast of a much higher rate of infection is being taken as bad news rather than good.

Perhaps I'll adjourn to reddit to discuss the stats and use this forum for my usual "fuck the chinks" and "PAP is the best" stuff.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think most of my inputs here are futile because not many seem to understand the stats. My forecast of a much higher rate of infection is being taken as bad news rather than good.

Perhaps I'll adjourn to reddit to discuss the stats and use this forum for my usual "fuck the chinks" and "PAP is the best" stuff.
Lol!

It is fine if people decide to go out and mingle so they can catch the virus.

But it you are scared and you still go out to get your cheap kopi at coffee shop then it really makes no sense!

@Leongsam I am a bit confused as to what you are advocating.

On one hand you say people should go out and get exposed to the virus quickly. Get it over with. The more people get it the better. If it happens over a shorter period then we can all get back to normal.

So basically you prefer if it spreads more and fast.

When it comes to wearing masks you say wearing masks will increase the risk of people getting infected because they dont know not to touch the masks. Hence wearing masks is "bad"? Because you increase your risk of getting the virus?

Shouldn't you be encouraging people to wear masks so they can catch the virus and we can go herd immunity strategy wise?

But you tell people NOT to wear masks.

So which side are you on?

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This crisis shows that Kra Project mus go ahead.... like now Singapore under lockdown no ships can pass through, then how....

Pinoy and Innee must push to invest in Kra project orelse face own ship route death...