• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Two-man tribunal to determine if Gopalan Nair is guilty of misconduct

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like paps and certain local lawyers want nair struck off the rolls altogether

By Ansley Ng, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 September 2009 2328 hrs

SINGAPORE : A two-man disciplinary tribunal will be appointed by Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong to determine if former Singaporean lawyer Gopalan Nair is guilty of misconduct "unbefitting" of a lawyer.

The application on Friday morning was submitted by the Law Society.

It said Mr Gopalan has "brought the profession as a whole into disrepute and lowered its esteem in the eyes of the general public".

It cited examples of Mr Gopalan's previous brushes with the law, including insulting the judiciary and verbally abusing police officers.

Mr Gopalan was jailed last year for contempt of court after he insulted a High Court judge and was later released after he apologised for insulting another judge on his blog.

But on his return to the United States, where he is now a citizen, Mr Gopalan retracted his apology and continued making attacks on his blog.

The Law Society's application was allowed on Friday morning, and a two-man tribunal - consisting of either a senior counsel, former high court judge or judicial commissioner with a senior lawyer - will be formed.

Its findings will be submitted to the Chief Justice.

Mr Gopalan will be invited to attend the tribunal hearing. - CNA/ms

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must be under the order of the Old Fart. Even if he could not touch GP physically, he would wanna get some satisfaction from doing such silly things. See how spiteful this lau CB can be.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
looks like paps and certain local lawyers want nair struck off the rolls altogether

By Ansley Ng, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 04 September 2009 2328 hrs

SINGAPORE : A two-man disciplinary tribunal will be appointed by Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong to determine if former Singaporean lawyer Gopalan Nair is guilty of misconduct "unbefitting" of a lawyer.

The application on Friday morning was submitted by the Law Society.

It said Mr Gopalan has "brought the profession as a whole into disrepute and lowered its esteem in the eyes of the general public".

It cited examples of Mr Gopalan's previous brushes with the law, including insulting the judiciary and verbally abusing police officers.

Mr Gopalan was jailed last year for contempt of court after he insulted a High Court judge and was later released after he apologised for insulting another judge on his blog.

But on his return to the United States, where he is now a citizen, Mr Gopalan retracted his apology and continued making attacks on his blog.

The Law Society's application was allowed on Friday morning, and a two-man tribunal - consisting of either a senior counsel, former high court judge or judicial commissioner with a senior lawyer - will be formed.

Its findings will be submitted to the Chief Justice.

Mr Gopalan will be invited to attend the tribunal hearing. - CNA/ms

The PAP balls carrying Law Society is a bunch of clowns. DO they really think that Nair gives a shit whether he is struck of the rolls or not? Do they think he ever intends to return to singappore, much less practise law here? Just waste the judge's time, and the idiot justice Chan got the stupidity to appoint a chiak liao bee tribunal to discipline this guy. What a bunch of red tape. The idiot law society can simply strike him off their rolls at anytime, no need for this wayang.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
CJ CHan is brilliant with his understanding of within and without. This will give GOpalan extra ammunition to use against the pappies.

When you keep sweeping garbage under the rug, there comes a time when the rubbish will seep through the edges.

The pappies' strength has long become their weakness. Morally bankrupt people can only sustain their lies for so long!

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It merely shows the world about what the Law Society considers important - stealing millions of dollars of client's money would not merit this kind of treatment

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
1-3.jpg

Best Wayang Show of the Year!!!

Cause all is done by me!

Director - Me

Producer - Me

Actor - Me

All is me!!!

If this show went to Taiwan, will get Golden Horse Of The Year!

If this show went to Hollywood, will get Oscar of The Year!

I am so proud of this show, please remember to tune in and watch it live!!! OK??

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DO they really think that Nair gives a shit whether he is struck of the rolls or not? ....

LKY has a track record of being vindictive & mean spirited. His henchmen are just doing his dirty work :smile:

It's probably the only pleasure LKY gets out life. LKY reminds me of Mr. Potter from the Frank Capra movie "Its a wonderful life" :biggrin:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flogging a Dead Horse

flogger350x450.jpg

Dakota Native American tribal wisdom, passed on from generation to generation, says:

"When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount and get a different horse."

However, in government, education and corporate Southern Africa, more advanced strategies are often employed, such as:

Buying a stronger whip.
Changing riders.
Appointing a committee to study the horse.
Arranging to visit other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.
Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.
Reclassifying the dead horse as living impaired.
Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
Harnessing several dead horses together to increase speed.
Providing additional funding and/or training to increase dead horse's performance.
Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's performance.
Declare that as the dead horse does not have to be fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than do some other horses.
Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.
Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.
BTW: No horses where harmed during the telling of this joke.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever points out that S'pore Judiciary is not independent will be guilty by default, regardless of what the truth is.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
CJ CHan is brilliant with his understanding of within and without. This will give GOpalan extra ammunition to use against the pappies.

When you keep sweeping garbage under the rug, there comes a time when the rubbish will seep through the edges.

The pappies' strength has long become their weakness. Morally bankrupt people can only sustain their lies for so long!

You can read it hear - The Chief Justice of Singapore interpretation of the law. What a joke.

http://temasekreview.com/?p=12914

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should also cover the amount of donations he received and how much was spent on Changi Sailing Club while the peasants who gave could not afford membership there or step in.

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good idea

Compare the amount of donations he receieved to the amount of money stolen by Razif, Tan Cheng Yew etc and see who is more deserving of this kind of inquisition

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'll tell you all this!

This Indian chap won't get away much by running away, I have strong and influential friends in the US , that will make a mockery out of this chap!

You just wait and see!

I have 50 more years to do this!

Can this indian chap last this LONG?..hehehe:biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously though, do you think the paps are trying another shorvon here?...do they think they can screw up nair's practive in cali?...personally i doubt such local proceedings would have much traction if at all in the states...as such why bother and waste costs and time?...just to spite nair?...if so why now??

They should also cover the amount of donations he received and how much was spent on Changi Sailing Club while the peasants who gave could not afford membership there or step in.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a mystery and there is no smoke without a fire. I think Gopalan has attempted to access some privileges or documents and they are trying to bar him.

seriously though, do you think the paps are trying another shorvon here?...do they think they can screw up nair's practive in cali?...personally i doubt such local proceedings would have much traction if at all in the states...as such why bother and waste costs and time?...just to spite nair?...if so why now??

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think that's still the age-old Chinese strategem of killing the chicken to warn the monkeys. There're Singapore dissidents all over the world who are less vocal or aggressive than Gopalan Nair. This is to warn them to stay less vocal and get on with life instead of inviting trouble. Many of these dissidents may have given up Singapore citizenship, but still have relatives and ties in Singapore to consider.