• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
Hera Chan, Moon Lau, and Angel Chiang

1673963430617.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Nancy Wu Asks About Her Love Fate in the Year of the Rabbit​

1674739563241.png

With Lunar New Year just around the corner, many are interested in what their fortune predictions are. In variety show Feng Shui For The New Year (新春開運王), Nancy Wu (胡定欣) and Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) consulted their outlooks with fengshui master Lee Shing Chak (李丞責), to forecast predictions for the upcoming year.

Although Master Lee predicted that Nancy will have a fruitful year in terms of career, he also went on to advise her to work harder in her romantic life. The unenthusiastic outlook made for an awkward exchange, as her expression looked momentarily surprised.

After years of hard work, Nancy has finally achieved success in her career and has won TVB Best Actress twice in 2015 and 2016. Now, the 41-year-old actress hopes to focus more on her romantic life. In recent interview appearances, Nancy said she hopes to meet “The One” and get married and have a family of her own someday.

On the other hand, Master Lee also predicted that Elaine will find success in her career and love life in the Year of the Rabbit.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Mat Yeung Celebrates Lunar New Year with Lisa Chong’s Family​

1674826309156.png

Released from his 18-day jail sentence for DUI on January 7, TVB actor Mat Yeung (楊明) fortunately made it in time to publicly apologize and celebrate Lunar New Year with his loved ones. He was seen happily having dinner with girlfriend Lisa Chong’s (莊思明) family on January 22.

In Lisa’s Instagram posts, she and Mat are seen smiling in their cherry pink sweaters while having a huge feast with her family. Lisa commented, “Gong Hei Fat Choi! Wishing everyone an amazingly prosperous and healthy Year of the Rabbit!” She also left hashtags including #westaytogether; #familytime; and #thebestisyettocome.”

Staying beside Mat throughout all the court hearings and also picking him up after his jail release, Jacqueline has been a very supportive girlfriend. While the two have yet to announce official marriage, it is believed that it would happen eventually, as they have shared a stable relationship over the six years, despite the many hardships they both faced.

Lisa’s family already considers Mat as part of the family. Her siblings Jacqueline Chong (莊鍶敏), Mona Chong (莊思華), and Chong Shunsheng (莊順勝) also appear supportive of their relationship and attended the Lunar New Year dinner.

During his apology interview through the program Scoop <東張西望>, Mat had shared his hopes for a fresh start, so he likely learned his lesson and will focus on cherishing his work and relationships.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tony Leung and Aaron Kwok’s “Where the Wind Blows” Captures a Lost Era in Hong Kong​

1674911307495.png

Starring Aaron Kwok (郭富城) and Tony Leung (梁朝偉), Where the Wind Blows <風再起時> is confirmed to release in China and Hong Kong on February 17, 2023. Filmed in Huzhou in 2017, the film saw an extended delay in its theatrical release, due to the pandemic and initially failing to pass China’s National Radio and Television Administration’s (NRTA) censorship. The unveiling of the trailer, which was filled with evocative details and sumptuous sets, showed Where the Wind Blows to resemble more of an arthouse film instead of crime thriller.

Working together for the first time, Aaron and Tony portray two legendary corrupt police inspectors, Lui Lok and Nam Gong respectively. The movie will delve into their inner worlds, exploring their ambitions and relations with family and lovers.

Director Philip Yung (翁子光) shared that filming this movie helped fulfill his childhood dream of filming a documentary. “I’m nostalgic for a past that seems all like a dream, drunk on exhilaration from being able to see these actors that I love and respect live on set. Where the Wind Blows is a love letter to old Hong Kong, where its story and fragments of past memories are pieced together.”

The roles seem like they were custom made for Aaron and Tony, one hot and one cold. One of the main reasons Philip decided to film Where the Wind Blows was because he was eager for another chance to work with Aaron again. “I looked over at him one day while we were filming Port of Call <踏血尋梅>, and I was captivated by how his features were so perfect even without much makeup. Aaron has the suave and heroic vibes of men from the 1950s to 1960s era.

During casting, Philip reached out to Tony because he hoped to find a great actor. “I spent a great deal of time getting to know him and sincerely building a friendship. I thought all hope was lost, because Tony had planned on taking vacation and participating in an international sailing competition. I was surprised when he suddenly called me, and said he would delay vacation and join my film. I felt incredulous and thrilled!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Linda Chung Restores Her Reputation​

1674918966410.png

Always having maintained the quiet-girl-next-door image, Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣) was shockingly called out to be “two-faced and fake” by several netizens and backstage employees last year. Although many fans came to Linda’s rescue, her good-girl image still took a hit and she faced extensive backlash.

However, the negative gossip dissipated when a fan in Vancouver posted her encounter with Linda. Despite being out with her husband Jeremy Leung and their children, Linda offered warm greetings when approached. Although the fan wanted a photo together, she felt awkward to ask Linda, who was busy taking care of her children.

The fan also complimented Linda on her natural make-up free look, and friendly personality. Others also left similiar comments describing their own meetings with the actress. One particular netizen recalled meeting her in Hong Kong several years ago when she asked Linda for a picture after bumping into her. Although her manager was against it, Linda agreed to take pictures anyway.

Linda’s image since entering the industry has always been pure and positive. It was not until last year’s post where a fan criticized her unfriendly and rude behavior did others come forth with similar stories. In fact, some backstage employees at TVB came forth and revealed that Linda has always treated others with a foul attitude, and would only become friendly with executives.

However, many netizens are very skeptical of these so called “stories” and cautioned the public to take the accounts with a grain of salt. Some said the speculations were made up by haters and believe the rumors were created to tarnish Linda’s reputation.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Christine Kuo Reconciles with Husband, William Luk​

1674997620935.png

Shortly after tying the knot in 2018, beauty queen Christine Kuo’s (苟芸慧) marriage with William Luk (陸漢洋) has been marred with separation rumors. The biggest source of conflict between the couple is their alleged disagreement involving having children and starting a family, with Christine ultimately moving out of the couple’s home and returning to her hometown in Canada. When Christine graduated from a pastry arts program, William was also notably absent from the graduation ceremony.

Seeing her good friends Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), Leanne Li (李亞男), and Eliza Sam (岑麗香) become mothers, Christine was allegedly eager to start a family of her own. Although she and William agreed on trying for a baby in the Year of the Tiger, they also began facing marital conflicts in 2021.

After more than two years of fighting, Christine and William seems to have mended their strained relationship. Posting a photo of themselves on social media, the couple shut down further separation rumors. After spending much time, effort, and heart into mending his relationship with Christine the past few months, William finally won her over.

The couple’s reconciliation is also an open secret in their social circle, as William was seen chauffeuring Christine to and from a party that included Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Jacqueline Chong (莊鍶敏), and Calvin Choy (蔡一智).

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Rosita Kwok and Karl Ting are Taking Their Romance Offscreen?​

1675085006903.png

Since winning first runner-up in Miss Hong Kong 2020, Rosita Kwok (郭柏妍) has been heavily promoted by TVB. Her most recent role in Get on a Flat <下流上車族> was commended for her acting skills and standout performance, helping her win Most Improved Actress in multiple year-end awards ceremonies. Her compatibility with costar Karl Ting (丁子朗) and their friendly interactions are making many wonder if they have decided to take their romance offscreen as well.

Known for her educational achievements, the 25-year-old actress’ good girl image was further enhanced when she revealed that she had never dated before. This may all soon change, as she has a very close relationship with Karl. In addition to attending work functions together, the duo also gets together frequently in private.

Recently, when Rosita served as a bridesmaid for her friend and former Miss Hong Kong contestant, Maise Kwong (鄺美璇), Karl also attended the wedding although he has no known relations with the bride or groom.

Sharp-eyed netizens also took notice that Karl and Rosita are also photographed together often, whether intentionally or unintentionally. In one photo that Karl uploaded to social media, Rosita was seen in the reflection as the one taking the photo for Karl.

1675085057828.png

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Carlos Chan and Shiga Lin’s Wedding Will Be in April​

1675256659470.png

Choosing to get married in the Year of the Rabbit, Carlos Chan (陳家樂) and Shiga Lin’s (連詩雅) wedding is said to be taking place in April.

Hoping to give Shiga the perfect five-star wedding, Carlos is busy pulling overtime with his busy schedule. Filming new TVB drama Strange Feelings <異空感應> with Hera Chan (陳曉華), Carlos completed an intense scene where he exposed Nicholas Yuen’s (阮浩棕) crimes, which ultimately caused him to almost take his own life. Although Hera stopped Nicholas’s suicide, a heated battle ensued, resulting in Nicholas attempting to drown Carlos in the ocean. The scene was shot over 20 times due to the level of difficulty, with safety precautions for the cast in mind. Unfortunately, the weather was frigid on filming day and Carlos became a human popsicle after being in the water all day.

Already lacking rest, Carlos stretched frequently in between his takes to remain warm and comfortable. Sustaining quite a few injuries from the fight scene, Carlos shrugged, “It’s a good thing – it’s better than not having work. I’m going to take advantage of the fact that I can still handle all this work.”

ecalling the time when he was juggling three different dramas, Carlos was so tired that he fell asleep in his car after turning it on. Realizing how dangerous the situation could be, he hired a driver to avoid the same mishap again.

Marriage Brings Luck

With Carlos and Shiga tying the knot this year, Fengshui Master Chen Zicai (陳子才) revealed that Carlos and Shiga’s marriage will bring them both luck in the upcoming years. The wedding will bring Carlos a lot of career opportunities, and Shiga will benefit in financial wealth. Chen Zicai further revealed that Carlos will start having great fortune in 2025, when he will make his official career breakthrough. Shiga will likely become pregnant between 2024 and 2025 and have a baby girl.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Hana Kuk is “Confused” About Involvement With Ron Ng​

1675341598122.png

Prepared to step into the Year of the Rabbit with better luck, Hana Kuk (菊梓喬) will commence her concert tour next month. In addition to poor health and challenges last year, Hana has been allegedly involved with Ron Ng (吳卓羲) but admits to being “confused” about their status.

Although Ron has attended Hana’s concerts to support her, and she has visited him in China during filming, the pair prefer to stay out of the limelight when asked if they are more than friends.

“I want to be happy – I want someone to make me laugh and smile.” When asked how her relationship with Ron is, Hana replied, “Same old. I don’t really know, I’m just so confused.” Asked whether Ron’s handsome looks make her feel insecure, Hana said, “I’m not angry at the person for making me feel insecure – that’s unrelated.”

On her romantic outlook for the new year, Hana said the feng shui master gave her some insight and tips. “I’m someone who values relationships. The feng shui master advised that people with those traits love very deeply, and there aren’t a lot of short-lived relationships. I personally think that’s okay – as long as you’re good to others, others will be good to you.”

Although she looks very youthful, Hana turned 36 years old last November. With that, comes the pressure to have children soon. Asked if she has considered freezing her eggs, Hana explained that she has not looked at the option yet, and expressed she is in good health and not too worried.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Grace Chan Quickly Loses Baby Weight​

1675345181265.png

Grace Chan (陳凱琳) gave birth to her third son Carlos in early January, and has unbelievably regained her pre-pregnancy body within a month! Upon seeing Grace’s new photos from a sexy photoshoot where she wore a strappy green dress showing off her slim figure and long legs, netizens were shocked and envious at how quickly she had lost her baby weight, praising her for her beauty and fit physique.

Giving birth to three boys within four years, Grace and husband Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) have their hands full raising their young family. Despite their hectic schedules, the couple are embracing their parental roles with energy, and are grateful for their children in bringing everyday happiness in their lives.

Grace left a long message to share her thoughts, “To a new beginning! First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the congratulatory messages. So much love surrounding Carlos, we feel so truly blessed! Secondly, I want to take this chance to reflect on what a new year means to me: the chance to review my priorities such as balancing family, work, and my own time. The chance to evaluate the kind of person I want to develop into to become a better role model for my children. And the chance to simply listen and heed to what God has in store for my life instead of following my own desires. What are you guys most looking forward to achieving this year?”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Florinda Ho is Engaged to a Firefighter​

Florinda-Ho-2.jpg

When Joel Chan’s (陳山聰) controversial relationship with heiress Florinda Ho (何超雲) ended in 2013, it took years for his acting career to recover. It was alleged that his first marriage ended because of his messy involvement with Florinda. After years of being single, both eventually found new partners. Joel got remarried in 2019, and Florinda got engaged with her boyfriend last September.

The 33-year-old heiress was revealed to be dating senior station officer named Douglas Wong. He was a firefighter for five years, and was stationed in the North District of the New Territories. Ever since his relationship with Florinda became public, he was transferred to work at the Fire Services Headquarters Building in Tsim Sha Tsui East, taking on more of an office role.

Despite her flashy lifestyle, Florinda has never publicly shared a photo of herself and Douglas. The closest was a cryptic photo on her Instagram stories of a seawall graffitied with ‘I Love U’. However, she finally shared a photo of them on vacation in Thailand this week. They were seen standing back-to-back with their hands interlocked.

It is rumored that Florinda had accepted Joel’s marriage proposal, which may have led to her finally opening up about her relationship. Recently, they started to become more public with their affection. Netizens reported bumping into them holding hands on dates.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Tiffany Lau Wants to Start Her Own Business​

Tiffany-Lau-Joel-Chan.jpeg

Becoming good friends after filming multiple dramas together, Joel Chan, Tiffany Lau (劉穎鏇), and Jazz Lam (林子善) gathered for a new year meal. Talking about their wishes and resolutions for the upcoming year, Joel hopes to continue working with different actors, and add a daughter into his family. Tiffany hopes to start her own business, while Jazz wishes for the end of COVID-19, hoping life would become normal again.

Over the holidays, Joel’s family gathered for poon choi as he did not want his mother to slave over the meal preparation. Having grown up overseas, Tiffany revealed that poon choi was not a popular dish and she would spend Lunar New Year’s at Chinese restaurants due to her mother’s bad cooking.

Joel Chan Will Continue to Work Harder

Through hard work and dedication, Joel’s TV King win this year was no surprise to many fans. Joel expressed, “Of course I’m happy to have won, but I can’t let ego take over. Last year was amazing – it’s not every year you have six dramas broadcast with six very different roles. Getting an award definitely was a happy ending. With that being said, it means that I have to work even harder to become a good actor, to become a good husband and father. This is the result of 30 years of hard work and experiences, but it doesn’t represent everything. It’s the beginning to another 30 years – I hope I can work even harder, become better, and more amazing in the next 30 years!”

The trio are filming new series Death Reminder <奪命提示> next. Hoping to work with different actors across the board, Joel said he really wants to film with Raymond Lam (林峯), Ron Ng (吳卓羲), Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), and Charmaine Sheh (佘詩曼). Nodding in agreement, Jazz said he has known them for a very long time and would love to film together again.

Tiffany Lau Doesn’t Care for Romantic Luck

Receiving praises for her series, Tiffany hopes to continue improving and try out different roles. The actress lamented at the difficulties of starting a business in Hong Kong, as she would have to start a business in the United States since her family is there to help her manage it.

Spending the new year with her father in Hong Kong, Tiffany said she has no need for romantic luck this year. Concentrating her time and effort on her career, Tiffany understands the hardship of working in Hong Kong as a foreigner and will focus on financial independence first.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Natalie Tong on a “Double Date” with Philip Ng​

Natalie-Tong-Philip-Ng.jpg

With her easygoing and tolerant personality, Natalie Tong (唐詩詠) is regarded as the perfect girlfriend. Although single for many years, she is not lacking in suitors and was seen on a “double date” with former costar Philip Ng (伍允龍).

Recently, Natalie met up with good friend Kelly Cheung’s (張曦雯) parents, as she is very close with Kelly’s mother. Besides Kelly’s boyfriend, Philip was also there, which lead to rumors of a double date.

Meeting on the set of The Righteous Fists <鐵拳英雄>, Natalie was seen picking Philip up in her sports car. Countering dating rumors, Natalie stressed that they were both friends and she wanted to show appreciation towards Philip for helping out with her fight scenes.

Natalie laughed off the reignited rumors, “I respect Philip like my shifu! He really helped me a lot during filming, so I have to see my shifu to wish him a happy new year! I saw a lot of my friends during the New Year, such as my ‘brother’ Jazz Lam (林子善). Besides, Kelly is very close with Philip because they are both from Chicago so she asked him to come too.” Philip also clarified that he joined the gathering due to the right timing and he was free.

Kelly shared that she and her mother are very eager for Natalie to meet the right person soon, “My mother keeps asking whether Natalie is dating yet, and hopes that she’ll introduce a boyfriend to us soon.”

To improve her luck, Natalie is following the advice of a feng shui master “to buy peach blossoms to help build interpersonal relationships and find love.” The actress added, “As I’ve left TVB, I need all the help I can get! I hope to step outside my comfort zone in the Year of the Rabbit and am ready to face any new challenges.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Katy Kung Has Been Secretly Dating Chef Boyfriend for 2 Years​

Katy-Kung-2.jpg

While finding increasing career success, Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) is concurrently in a loving relationship with her boyfriend. Although she kept her romance a secret for almost two years, Katy’s willingness to go public indicates that she may be finally ready to settle down. The 33-year-old does not rule out the possibility of getting married in the Year of the Rabbit and having a baby soon.

Although having been rumored with actors Kelvin Kwan (關楚耀), James Ng (吳業坤), Sammy Shum (沈震軒), and Malaysian businessman Bryan, Katie has only admitted to dating Patrick Tang (鄧健泓) in the past.

While Katy did not openly reveal the real identity of her current boyfriend, she apparently brought him to visit Grace Chan (陳凱琳) over the Lunar New Year holidays. In a video Grace uploaded to social media, Katy was seen standing with her boyfriend the entire time.

After some digging, netizens speculate that Katy’s new beau is a Japanese dessert master chef, who was previously in a relationship with another actress at TVB before dating Katy. Meeting each other through Grace, Katy and Mr. Matsuoka have been dating in secret for over two years now and is said to be already cohabiting.

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

On Leaving TVB, Grace Wong Didn’t Want to Become Stagnant​

Grace-Wong.jpg

Leaving TVB one year ago, Grace Wong (王君馨) had new opportunities to flex her wings. In a recent interview, revealed her motivation to leaving the station was to avoid becoming stagnant.

“I didn’t want to become complacent, and lose my motivation and ambition. It was very comfortable getting a steady pay check every month and then waiting for the company to assign me jobs and dramas. We didn’t have to fight for the opportunity through casting, so I was afraid this would become second nature,” the 36-year-old actress said

Stepping away from a familiar work environment also allowed Grace to embrace acting with a fresh perspective. Reflecting on her days filming for TVB dramas, Grace admitted she had wanted to give more layered performances to her characters. “There were times when I wanted to delve deeper and add my own flavor to my character…but we had to film many scenes in one day and there wasn’t time to do this. I didn’t let this frustrate me, as I came prepared before arriving at work. If the scene wasn’t mine, there was no need to be stubborn. Helping from the sidelines was fine as well. In the past, I would always get frustrated because I wanted each scene to be perfect. This was a vicious cycle; it would lead to my unhappiness as I would worry about my emotions affecting my performance,” Grace said.

While loving the ability to choose her path as a freelancer, Grace however did not shut down the possibility of returning to TVB. “I like singing, and I also want to film movies in different languages. These opportunities may be more plentiful outside of TVB. Leaving TVB is a good thing— if you don’t experience another environment, then you won’t fully appreciate what you had in the past. At a certain point, it’s like you’re graduating university and entering society. You need to find your own house, and understand the feeling of having to pay rent. In 10 years when I’m in my 40s with children, I may want more stability.”

After leaving TVB, Grace joined a Chinese dancing competition show, and she described it as being thrown into the sea before learning how to swim. “I had to take care of everything by myself without the help of an assistant. At first, I was worried what it would be like in a completely new environment, but you can accomplish anything as long as you believe in yourself. I was really happy to hear people praise that my dancing had improved. After living in a hotel for a year, I truly missed my bed and husband. It was a good experience because you don’t appreciate things until you don’t have them anymore.”

Grace also has a role in Donnie Yen’s (甄子丹) wuxia movie Sakra <天龍八部之喬峯傳> as Mrs. Ma. Initially worried as she had not filmed a historical role since 2012’s House of Harmony and Vengeance <耀舞長安>, Grace felt that her Chinese fluency is not skilled enough to fully deliver the nuances of a historical dialogue. “I watched many versions of [past screen adaptations of the novel] to understand my character. I also played traditional Chinese music while filming to help immerse myself into the [wuxia] world.”

Grace thanked Donnie for his advice on acting and action scenes, and shared that she is open to trying fighter roles. “I like working with weaponry and I’m also happy to learn new sports. I’m really fast in learning choreography because I like to dance. I’m slow at remembering my lines though!”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Bernice Liu Enrolls in Global Business Program​

Bernice-Liu-2.jpg

Bernice Liu (廖碧兒), 44, has been a food and beverage entrepreneur for several years now. With the industry taking a hit during the pandemic, she decided to invest a seven-figure sum into furthering her business knowledge. Enrolled in a globally renowned business administration program at INSEAD, Bernice has ambitious plans to expand her business network.

Bernice passed an admission exam, and was selected from more than 200 other candidates which include CEOs of multinational companies. The program will span 17 weeks and have classes in France, Singapore, and Dubai. There will also be onsite visits to large companies in Israel, United States, and Brazil. At the end of last year, she flew to France to start classes and quickly bonded with her classmates.

Outside of class, Bernice would often meet up with classmates to discuss business ideas and travel during school holidays. Although the program fees are high, she feels that the course is well worth the money. “What’s unique about this course is that it is global. Where can you find a course where you can learn from global companies? I need to work hard to learn how to manage a business well. It’s a bit hard to fit in drama filming with my school schedule, but filming commercials is okay. I also have a lot of shows that are in collaboration with other countries’ embassies.”

Although her educational life is going smoothly, her businesses has been deeply hurt by the pandemic. Earlier, she decided to cut her losses and close down her restaurant. Revenues at her bar also greatly decreased as 20 customers tested positive for COVID-19 recently.

Transitioning her red wine business to an online operation, sales are relatively stable. She often holds live streams to promote her wine brand. Although things are starting to open up, the industry needs time to recover from the pandemic.

Always on the lookout for new opportunities, Bernice added, “We also have to think of new ideas and can’t stay stagnant. Shareholders and I are currently discussing opening a coffee shop, but we’ll have to think carefully about the retail location, sourcing supplies, and most importantly coffee-making equipment. We can’t just rush opening as all details need to be planned well.”