• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TRP tried to takeover SDA?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Below are not my comments but something I read while surfing other forum.

Anyone know the truth? Is Chiam going to be taken over again?

Reform Party would be controversial and that is what voters want. Excitement in bland local politics dominated by sterile PAP. Firstly, they boldly plotted the hostile take-over of SDA as Kenneth Jeyaretnam knew Chiam is weak physically and is not 100%. Chiam is going to get ousted just like how he was ousted from SDP years ago.

I'm all for Reform Party's hostile takeover incidentally. Chiam has held on to Potong Pasir for so long and yet could not expand his territory. SDA needs new infusion and Chiam knows it and would take in Kenneth and RP despite the risks of being displaced.

I don't have a problem with the AOs. But I have doubts about that Alex Tok. He is not even based in Singapore and he is a candidate? So he is flying in just for the elections when it comes. Is he giving up New York or wherever he is supposed to be from and going door to door canvassing for support? That I thought was an unwise Reform Party move.

http://forums.sgclub.com/singapore/reform_party_reveals_271055.html

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

confirmed that once reform party deal is done, chiam would be taken over by jeyaretnam. the excuse would be his failing health.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reform Party should join the alliance first and start demanding for political power in SDA after the next GE when we see their elections results. If RP did very well in terms of % of votes, Chiam or others might be willing to play a secondary role and let Jeyaretnam take charge.

anyway it's easy to take over the group from inside than outside.

hillary888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing wrong for Kenneth Jeyaretnam to take over the leadership of SDA, if they can work together. What is more important than his own health!

Mrs Chiam, Lina, should contest for Potong Pasir single ward since she is a familiar face there and has helped her husband in the 12-member CEC and town council duties before.

Let Mr Chiam enjoy the success.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
SPP is Chiam's political party. SDA is a convenient vehicle to form lose alliances to contest the elections. The only reason that SDA exist is because of Chiam tenure with PP. SDA without Chiam is hollow. NSP moved out because they know that SDA will not effective without a healthy Chiam.

It also the reason why KJ was negotiating with Chiam and not with SDA stakeholders. The trouble with a formal body is the need to consult with each and every stakeholder even when they have no value. Obviously Desmond and the others have no idea about the equation.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder what sort of political leader would KJ make if he goes around asking and taking over people's position which he had not helped built. There were allegations of him doing that in TRP and now SDA?

What do we call people who snatches other people's things when we are in Primary or Secondary School?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I see, SDA does not seen effective in bringing the oppositions together. Besides, the common enemy mindset, I think each of the opposition leaders are only for themselves.

So both of them not fighting for one GRC anymore? This would dilute their mass support and may even create a 3 corner fight?

SPP is Chiam's political party. SDA is a convenient vehicle to form lose alliances to contest the elections. The only reason that SDA exist is because of Chiam tenure with PP. SDA without Chiam is hollow. NSP moved out because they know that SDA will not effective without a healthy Chiam.

It also the reason why KJ was negotiating with Chiam and not with SDA stakeholders. The trouble with a formal body is the need to consult with each and every stakeholder even when they have no value. Obviously Desmond and the others have no idea about the equation.

jw5

Loyal
Reform Party should join the alliance first and start demanding for political power in SDA after the next GE when we see their elections results. If RP did very well in terms of % of votes, Chiam or others might be willing to play a secondary role and let Jeyaretnam take charge.

anyway it's easy to take over the group from inside than outside.
I agree.
After all it was KJ himself who said that if a political party after 20+ years only had 2 mps in parliament, the leaders would have been changed.
We have great hopes for him as a strong opposition leader, but he should also walk the talk and back up his party's ability and fortitude with election results.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Err...talk is cheap. Dun forget that KJ has an elite mindset and his action had proven to be so far. Only time will tell if KJ can make it.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares. The PAP's time will continue. All the time in the past, there were many opposition parties, but usually 2 or 3 would be stronger than the rest (usually other 7 - 8). Now 5 opposition parties all relatively the same strength. None stronger than the 2 or 3 back then or another now. Many opposition is normal, but equally divided is a problem. just when PAP was about to fall. Wish NSP can continue to recruit.

Good luck S'poreans.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're probably right that PAP will continue but I suppose being voters we need to also see how the candidate deal with people.

If the rumour about KJ's behaviour is true then he is not much different from some political party members which we always complain about.

I really pity Chiam, after contributing so much to the alternative side of politics and creating that little 'opening' for opposition to come in, all he gets are betrayal after betrayal. Is there really no true honest people who can be politician that can treat others with respect and without motive?

Who cares. The PAP's time will continue. All the time in the past, there were many opposition parties, but usually 2 or 3 would be stronger than the rest (usually other 7 - 8). Now 5 opposition parties all relatively the same strength. None stronger than the 2 or 3 back then or another now. Many opposition is normal, but equally divided is a problem. just when PAP was about to fall. Wish NSP can continue to recruit.

Good luck S'poreans.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Chiam's medical condition, it is a matter of time that he would be replaced. I only hope that there is someone sincere enough like him to enter into Parliament and bring better good to the people.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're probably right that PAP will continue but I suppose being voters we need to also see how the candidate deal with people.

If the rumour about KJ's behaviour is true then he is not much different from some political party members which we always complain about.

I really pity Chiam, after contributing so much to the alternative side of politics and creating that little 'opening' for opposition to come in, all he gets are betrayal after betrayal. Is there really no true honest people who can be politician that can treat others with respect and without motive?

chiam brought it upon himself if he set himself up for betrayal. he trusts wrong people.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Chiam's medical condition, it is a matter of time that he would be replaced. I only hope that there is someone sincere enough like him to enter into Parliament and bring better good to the people.

his wife, lina chiam might try to replace him. but now with jeyaretnam inside the mix, a bit complicated liao the whole succession.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what sort of political leader would KJ make if he goes around asking and taking over people's position which he had not helped built. There were allegations of him doing that in TRP and now SDA?

What do we call people who snatches other people's things when we are in Primary or Secondary School?

hahaha he would make a sneaky opposition. he should just have joined pap!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Our beloved Chiam can't find anyone better to take over Potong Pasir than his wife. Either he can't find a suitable successor from SPP for PP or he think Mrs Chiam is the best bet to win this SMC again after him or he just want to pass his seat to his family.

everybody practice nepotism.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our beloved Chiam can't find anyone better to take over Potong Pasir than his wife. Either he can't find a suitable successor from SPP for PP or he think Mrs Chiam is the best bet to win this SMC again after him or he just want to pass his seat to his family.

lol

lee and son
chee and sister
jbj and son
chiam and wife

i waiting next for gms and cousin, lkt and nephew

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What makes you so sure that he had not?:biggrin:

hahaha he would make a sneaky opposition. he should just have joined pap!

If he had found the wife to be suitable for politics, she would have joined even before his medical condition. These politician are hoping to use sometime like 'reference power?'. Just because it is a relative, the other people is suppose to be a good politican because of what, gene? We already got enough of this shitty stuff from the MIW and now the opposition trying the same stance?

Beginning to be a little like India. If your family wash toilet, you will wash toilet when you grow up too.