• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tourists find S'pore too expensive

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see no rebuttal. as i said, if you disagree with the newspaper, write to the person who wrote the article and tell them their sources are wrong.

oh, you might want to answer some of the questions - becuase australia is the worst country in the world - and its not my fault, but i love to point out how bad it is to people.

hee hee

Oh so you think that by reproducing every single article that is bad about Australia makes your case? I hadn't even seen you making an effort(in a long time) to state your own case before using such articles to further validate your claims...

To me, that shows your intellectual laziness, and that also shows why people think of your posts in the immigration thread as spam. I mean, if you're a real Australian critic, then go there, stay there, take pictures, see it for yourself, do interviews, publish them online, make the effort to write down your judgment and the reasons on a blog, and let people judge for themselves.

Instead all I see you do is to republish articles to suit your biases and insist you are right. Even all of us know how to do that, mate.

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh so you think that by reproducing every single article that is bad about Australia makes your case? I hadn't even seen you making an effort(in a long time) to state your own case before using such articles to further validate your claims...

To me, that shows your intellectual laziness, and that also shows why people think of your posts in the immigration thread as spam. I mean, if you're a real Australian critic, then go there, stay there, take pictures, see it for yourself, do interviews, publish them online, make the effort to write down your judgment and the reasons on a blog, and let people judge for themselves.

Instead all I see you do is to republish articles to suit your biases and insist you are right. Even all of us know how to do that, mate.

my goal is to irritate you. and its working........

oh, my family abandoned perth (uncle and aunt) after selling their property after massive gains, they are gleeful the new owners have already lost 20% in cottlesloe and applecross. most of my info comes from uncle, who really hates australia, but i dont hate it. making fun of you is more fun.

hee hee

JadedBeach

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi chup,

we can agree to disagree on this count. but note that increased volumes of chinese and indian tourists is not a singapore-specific phenomenon.

juz beach

It doesn't really matter what you or I think about peesai. The bottom line is how much money can sinkapore make from tourism. From what I noticed being in the hospitality business, peesai has been getting a lot of cheapo tourist from china and india for the past 5 years.

Sinkapore got nothing special anymore for tourists from the western world. Lots of friends of mine from Canana and States try to by pass peesai and head straight to their destination of Thailand or Downunderwear.

Reasons given were expensive/ crowded/ no different than their cities.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stayed in London for a few years and have gone up the London Eye thrice - just to accompany my friends who were in town for a visit.

Well, you could travel to nearby SE Asian countries from Singapore :smile: European cities look the same after a while....

Why would anyone want to travel to nearby SE Asian countries from Singapore? The airfare from NZ to Singapore is MORE expensive than if one were to take a flight to KL with 4 nights complimentary hotel accommodation from NZ.

From December 2008, I saw advertisements at all the travel agents in NZ offering a package deal of 4 nights hotel accommodation in KL with return tickets for $1500(peak season prices)per pax, the fare to Singapore without any other fringe benefits started from $1800 and was even mopre expensive >$2000 if booked online with SIA.

SIA and the Singapore tourist promotion board either totally UNAWARE or completely complacent of the fierce level of competition other SE Asian countries are giving SG to entice tourists.

Perhaps if the PAP (GLCs, GICs etc) send their SPIES to concentrate more on the above and less on fixing opposition parties and spamming cyberspace with PAP propaganda, they might imrove their intelligence gathering on their business rivals (tourism to start with).

They better start doing their homework early in 2009 before the full recession storm hits hard.

Last edited:

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore is expensive because the rental is expensive.

And the rental is expensive because some heartless bastards pushing them up.

The rentals are expensive because this greedy government had implemnted a high price for the land and development fee which it collected even before the contractor made the first pile into the soil. The money then went on to serve Temasick bad investments.

That's why Singapore is expensive.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore is expensive because the rental is expensive.

And the rental is expensive because some heartless bastards pushing them up.

The rentals are expensive because this greedy government had implemnted a high price for the land and development fee which it collected even before the contractor made the first pile into the soil. The money then went on to serve Temasick bad investments.

That's why Singapore is expensive.