• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Told you ages ago that Blackburn Rovers owners are hopeless!

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who wants to work for a stingy boss with no ambition for the club and who's only concerns are advertising his brand Venky? Expect BBR to be relegated. :biggrin:

Blackburn Rovers FC is one good reason why you can never trust an Ah Neh...

Those are very good points. Ah neh is just using blackburn as a advertising board. I'm starting a thread on Air Asia's Tony fernandes latest exploits at QPR...

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Arsenal water pistol! Otherwise 2-3 i choon. Now those who condemn the two newly promoted clubs have to.........
:biggrin:

105nlea.jpg

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wenger laments another defensive beating

18 September 2011

12427261740.jpg

Arsene Wenger struggled to hide his frustration after watching his Arsenal side slump to a 4-3 defeat to Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park.

The Gunners led the match twice but left Lancashire empty-handed after own goals by Laurent Koscielny and Alex Song, coupled with a Yakubu brace, handed the hosts their first win of the season. Speaking after the game, Wenger admitted he found the result difficult to fathom particularly after producing a strong attacking display

"It is difficult to explain the second-half performance because I feel overall we created many chances, especially in the second part of the second half," he said.

"We had problems getting started again in the second half and we looked as though we had a lack of focus on what we knew they were strong at, and that means free kicks and corners."

"Overall, we lost a game where we scored five goals and that is disappointing."

The Frenchman also conceded that the defeat was a concern, particularly after another poor defensive display that followed on from their last away fixture in the league at Old Trafford where they shipped eight goals to Manchester United. "You cannot say you have no worries when you see the performance we have just produced today," he added.

"The team today was just not defensively solid enough. When you are 2-1 up against Blackburn and you know that if you are solid defensively you will score goals."

"It was not all negatives today. In fact the frustrating thing is that there was a lot of positives as well but the disappointing thing is that we did not have the focus to bring anything out of the game."

"At the moment we do not have the capability of focusing for 90 minutes to win games like that. With the quality we have it is important that you don't give cheap goals away like we did."

The result leaves the Gunners behind Rovers on the table, and their manager demanding more from his players.

"Four points from five games is terrible. There is nothing more that can be said. It is just not good enough," he added.

"We are very frustrated but the spirit in the team is quite willing but if you look at the number of goals we have conceded that is not good enough."

"On the other hand I believe the group will take off but it is important that we get results quickly."

The Arsenal manager was also questioned about the increasing focus on his future at the club, after a summer of transfer upheaval and a series of poor results, but he insisted he would continue to do his job to the best of his ability.

"Speculation is part of modern life. What can I do about that?" he said.

"My future is focusing on what I do

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once, when the woman venky was asked by a reporter why they appointed Steve Kean, she put her finger to her forehead and said "Because he can think."

:biggrin: :biggrin:

To check if she had put the brain in, together with her false teeth, in which she usually leave by her bed side. Blackburn Foot ball club, must be smelling like..........you knw what lah!

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What??? Talking about European football when your club is at the bottom three??? :eek::eek::eek:

Don't talk cock when you have stingy owners with no ambition for the club. I hope to see your club relegated after this season. :biggrin:

14979591e10726e41b432f18690cd50dd484c94a.jpg

Rovers owners tell Kean Euro plans

4 November 2011

12427282560.jpg

The owners of struggling Blackburn Rovers have told Steve Kean that they want to be playing regular European football within five years.

Rovers have only one league win so far this season in the league, with manager Kean recording just six victories in 31 league games since replacing Sam Allardyce last season.
Pressure is certainly mounting from the fans, who have been banned from bringing protest banners to the game with Chelsea at Ewood Park on Saturday, but Venky's are keen to retain the Scot and have lofty targets.

"Obviously when you're in a position in the bottom three, it's not nice, but they're very successful business people," Kean said.
"And once they make their mind up about what direction they want to go in any business, I think they will stick with it, they will give it a period of time and then they will judge it. Certainly not within 10 games."

"The owners know what they want to do and how they want the club to play. They know where they want us to go long term and nothing is going to change."
"So hopefully the fans who are being negative can look at the performances against Newcastle (in the Carling Cup), where we were the first team to beat them, and Norwich, where we deserved to win and should have taken it over the line in the final seconds, and see we're playing well."

"I'm convinced that results will come and we will climb up the table quickly."
"The owners want us within four or five years to be competing in Europe season on season.""I don't think there's any reason why we can't do that. But what they want to do is to do it gradually.

I don't think they're going to throw hundreds of millions at it to get there in one season."
"There's going to be a consistency in what they do and what they invest, and I think there will be a consistency in who's managing the club."

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
They banned the Blackburn fans from bringing in Steve Kean out banners into the stadium.
So the fans hired a plane which flew over the ground during the Chelsea match with a banner "Steve Kean out". :biggrin:
Everytime u turned to the channel showing the match, can hear the whirrring sound of the plane. :p

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Kean defends Blackburn owners

19 November 2011

12427290140.jpg

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has fiercely defended the club's owners Venky's as they reach their one-year anniversary in charge at Ewood Park.

Both Kean and his Indian paymasters have been subject to criticism from the club's fans this season, with Rovers currently second bottom of the Premier League.

The relegation clash away to Wigan on Saturday will mark exactly 12 months since the poultry group took control of Blackburn, and the man they brought in to replace former boss Sam Allardyce has spoken of his happiness with the regime.
"Anything I have ever asked for in any transfer window has always been delivered," Kean said.

"I think when we are trying to build a young team maybe you are not going to pick up as many points as a more senior, older team, but I think we are improving and the owners know that as well."

"Any promises they made to me as far as allowing budget, any time I have asked for a player to be re-signed or if I wanted any backing in bringing a player to the club - none more so than Scott Dann on deadline day for a sizeable amount of money - that has been delivered."

"They are very involved, they watch the games, they enjoy coming over and spending time at the stadium and at the training ground, meeting the players."
"The players then went out to India and enjoyed meeting them on a personal level.

I think every member of the team and the staff knows what they are about now and have a personal relationship with them which I think is unique."