• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Told you ages ago that Blackburn Rovers owners are hopeless!

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday 15th September 2011

673906_33_preview.jpg

Blackburn owners call for support

Blackburn's owners have urged supporters to get behind the team ahead of Saturday's home game with Arsenal.

But the plea made on the club's website makes no mention of under-fire manager Steve Kean, whose side are bottom of the Premier League with one point from four games.

The statement read: "We understand that there is a sense of disappointment and anger amongst our fans at the recent performance of our team Blackburn Rovers, which was not up to the expectations of the fans.

"We fully understand your feelings and share your disappointment.

"At times like this, when the team is going through a bad patch, they need all the support and encouragement they can get from the fans to boost their morale and enable them to perform at their best.

"This is the time when the fans can make a difference by lending their full support and to cheer the team more vigorously than ever and help the players to renew the confidence in themselves.

"On behalf of Venky's we would like to reassure the fans that we are fully aware of our responsibilities towards them and the club and to football.

"We are fully committed to making sure that the team's performance improves and that the recent setbacks do not stand in the way of regaining our club's standing in the Premier League and in the admiration of our fans."

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Told you ages ago that Blackburn Rovers's owners are hopeless!

Wednesday 14th September 2011

673472_33_preview.jpg

Blackburn fans call for Kean's removal

Blackburn fans are planning a 1000-strong march on Saturday to ask for the removal of Steve Kean as manager.

Since Kean took over from Sam Allardyce, Blackburn have played 33 league games and picked up just 23 points.

They are currently bottom of the Premier League with just one point ahead of Saturday's lunchtime clash with Arsenal.

Fans have launched an online petition and plan to march to Ewood Park, demanding owners Venky's sack Kean.

It is thought that they will also demand the re-instatement of Mark Hughes, who is jobless since leaving Fulham this summer.

Organiser Glen Mullan told the Daily Mirror: "The numbers look like hitting the 1,000 mark so the fans are keen to have Steve Kean removed.

"It's going to be a peaceful march, but we want to make our point and there will be banners made. It's about time the owners listened to the fans.

"We want someone who is experienced and can relate to the fans."

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indian owner will not spend much on Blackburn

Published Oct 28 2010

venkythumb.jpg

"We won't need to buy expensive players, we can always lease them," Desai said. "We don't expect to be in the top five of the Premier League. We will be happy to be in the top 10 to 12." That means Blackburn is unlikely to break its 9-year-old transfer record any time soon. Blackburn paid Manchester United 8 million pounds for striker Andy Cole in December 2001, but has since spent more than 5 million pounds on a player only twice.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

itz gone when under chao ah neh owner summore headed by female chao ah neh.

the english obviously dunno the culture and character of a chao ah neh.
Kean is cheap.:eek:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

itz gone when under chao ah neh owner summore headed by female chao ah neh.

the english obviously dunno the culture and character of a chao ah neh.
Kean is cheap.:eek:

Owners have no ambition for the club. Just using it for advertising their brand. It's great to be a fan right? :biggrin:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Friday 16th September 2011

654759_33_preview.jpg

Kean disappointed by fan protest

Under-fire Blackburn boss Steve Kean has dismissed calls for his sacking by telling disgruntled fans he can arrest the club's slide.

A section of supporters are planning a protest march to demand Kean's removal before Saturday's Barclays Premier League match against Arsenal at Ewood Park.

Rovers are bottom with just one point from their opening four league matches and fans are growing increasingly dismayed at the direction in which they are heading under Kean and owners Venky's. Venky's have issued a statement urging all fans to unite behind the team and Kean has echoed their sentiments.

The Scot said: "There is nobody more frustrated then myself and the players because we think we have done well enough to get all three points (in games), never mind none or a point. "Ewood is always a daunting place for any team to come and we just need the fans to stick with us and give us their backing.

"I am sure we will pull through, get points on the board and climb the table very quickly. "There have been a couple of frustrating results but I would not say they have been frustrating performances. I think the performances have been good." It has been noted that the statement from Venky's failed to mention Kean, who has won just seven of his 28 matches in charge.

Yet Kean is convinced he has the full backing of the Indian owners having been installed by them after the sacking of Sam Allardyce last December. "I think it is a good rallying call and we all need to be pulling in the same direction," he said. "I spoke with the owners yesterday. As always they gave me their full backing and said, 'If there is going to be a demonstration, don't worry, we're fully behind you'.

"They have backed me like they always have done and I have always had a good relationship with them." Kean is disappointed that fans feel it necessary to demonstrate - organisers are hoping for a crowd of at least 1,000 - but is hopeful the game itself will not be affected. Kean said: "Fans show their frustrations in different ways.

"I am disappointed to be honest but the feedback I am getting is the fans are going to have a march and then afterwards they are going to back the team. "I am delighted about that, they are going to get behind the lads and that is what they have always done. "If they are giving us that I am sure we will give them a performance and points."

Blackburn also made captain Chris Samba available to the media on Thursday. The highly-rated defender's future has been the subject of recurring speculation during Kean's tenure but he was anxious to show solidarity with his manager this afternoon. The Congo international, 27, hopes supporters abandon their protest.

He said: "When you hear something like that, it is not really pleasant for the players and it is the last thing we need. "The fans are like a 12th man for us and it is a shame because we need them. They can make the game very difficult for Arsenal. "It is up to us players to stick together because we are all in this together. The fans are part of that.

"As soon as we get our first win I am sure things will change and we will climb the table."

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have the impression that the owners have no idea what to do with the club, where it is heading, what aims...

sacking a good manager is one...failing to instil confidence in the club / players / fans is another.

to imagine Blackburn once win the EPL with shearer & sutton and is today like a rudderless ship is sad.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
BB can recruit more Indians footballers for the coca-cola league next year! Hahaha...so different fr the Shearer n Sutton era as they play like shit now!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forget the Messis and the Ronaldos. The most important person in a football club is the manager. Wtf is Steve Kean? I know of an underrated manager who might come cheap for Blackburn: Schalke 04's Ralf Rangnick. :smile:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah.................spare a thought for the poor chickens lah..................

if the ah Nehs wanna spend money................how many chickens must die you know................

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forget the Messis and the Ronaldos. The most important person in a football club is the manager. Wtf is Steve Kean? I know of an underrated manager who might come cheap for Blackburn: Schalke 04's Ralf Rangnick. :smile:

Who wants to work for a stingy boss with no ambition for the club and who's only concerns are advertising his brand Venky? Expect BBR to be relegated. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

raddy avramovic may be another good candidate.

jw5

Loyal
Once, when the woman venky was asked by a reporter why they appointed Steve Kean, she put her finger to her forehead and said "Because he can think."

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Sithclone

Alfrescian
Loyal
they don't know anything about running a football club. knew it the moment they said they want attractive football before they can even walk.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't be surprised if these chicken farmers wanted a piece of EPL action for bragging rights and to move money out of India.

Arsenal needs to win by at least 7 goals to neutralise their lousy goal average.

In Arsene We Rust.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I won't be surprised if these chicken farmers wanted a piece of EPL action for bragging rights and to move money out of India.

Arsenal needs to win by at least 7 goals to neutralise their lousy goal average.

In Arsene We Rust.

Ars will win but I don't think it will be by 7 goals.

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

BTW Arsenal will be without Fabregas and Nasri but it won't make much difference because from their past meetings, Fabregas scored only once on 04/10/09 and Nasri has never scored against Blackburn. :biggrin:

145946777c7b20b90be574c2000c9d4020c9179e.jpg