• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Today's Scripture Reading

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please use the message here as the Lord leads, but nothing on the message must be used for profit!]

Today’s Scripture Reading [August 1, 2010]

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else. [Isaiah 45:18. KJV]

Jesus has made seven exceptional and unique claims of Himself that we can read them in Book of John of the New Testament. These claims are:

1. "I am the bread of life." (John 6:35, 41, 48-51)
2. "I am the light of the world." (John 8:12, 9:5)
3. "I am the door of the sheep." (John 10:7-9)
4. "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep." (John 10:11,14)
5. "I am the resurrection, and the life." (John 11:25)
6. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6)
7. "I am the true vine." (John 15:1,5)

A serious study of the Gospels and the seven unique claims made by Jesus will categorically lead a person to one of four conclusions: Is Jesus (1) An evil lying villain, (2) A preposterously deluded madman, (3) A good moral teacher, or (4) The Messiah, the Son of God.

If you think that believing in Jesus is a multiple choice, you are absolutely right! But the answer that you chose is not just an academic one. Depending on the answer you have chosen, it will have great implication and influence to your life, not just here on earth, but what is to come. How you answer it will determine how you are going to live in eternality, that is, with God, the Creator of heaven and earth, or without God. This is the examination we all must take before we leave this world, and make no mistakes about it, there is only one correct answer to it because they are mutually exclusive. If you chose that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God than you must reject the other three answers. Sadly, those who chose Jesus as Messiah are the minority and this is should not be a surprise us because this is exactly what the Bible told us: The world knew Him not (John 1:10).

Jesus has made those seven claims that no person would dare to make because His claims were considered blasphemous, and that was the very reason He paid for with His life. First, He claimed to be God. His statements of equality with God meant He possesses the authority, attributes, and adoration belonging to God. He then proclaims authority over creation, forgiveness of sins, and life and death. He declares He possesses the attributes of God and emphatically states that He is the source of truth and the only way to eternal life.

It is interesting to note that even scholars who disputed that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and questioned the deity of Jesus agreed that He was not an evil lying villain nor a deluded madman. There are quite a number of scholars who are strong opponent to Jesus’ deity but still consider Him as a good religious moral teacher. But this is a theology of compromise, of water-down doctrine which we must stay away from it. Nothing could depart for the true that Jesus is God, the Second Person in the Trinity: God, the Father, the Son, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Talk is cheap and anyone can make claims. You can make claim too that you are god as some have claimed to be a god of some of animals because they have the animal’s spirit and they back up their claims by their ’unhumanistic’ behavour and tricks that seem only animals can perform. When it comes to Jesus of Nazareth, His credentials for making the claims are uniquely unique and He is the Only Person who has ever lived has had the necessary credentials for Him to make such claims. These credentials are not legendary stories nor are they mythological but are real historical life-events of Jesus. They were all about Jesus’ fulfillment of the prophecies as foretold in the Old Testament. As estimated by some demography experts who estimated there were over 60 billion of people have had ever lived in this world, past and present. We must take full knowledge that of these 60 billion people, none have had ever lived could match up to His credentials of fulfilling these prophecies! And it will never be!

The Old Testament contains many messianic prophecies made centuries before Christ appeared on the earth. The fact that He fulfilled so many of these prophecies is one powerful testimony that He was no ordinary man but God Himself. Take a look at just these eight prophecies in the Old Testament that were fulfilled by Jesus as recorded in the Bible:

1. Genesis 12:1-3 states the Messiah would come from the seed of Abraham.
2. Genesis 49:10 states that He would be of the tribe of Judah.
3. 2 Samuel 7:12 states that Messiah would be of the line of King David.
4. Micah 5:2 states that He would be born in the city of Bethlehem.
5. Daniel 9:24 states He would die or be "cut off" exactly 483 years after the declaration to reconstruct the temple in 444 B.C.
6. Isaiah 53 states that the Messiah would die with thieves, then be buried in a richman's tomb.
7. Psalm 22:16 states upon His death His hands and His feet would be pierced. This is very significant because crucifixion had not been invented by the Roman at the time this prophecy was written by the Psalmist.
8. Isaiah 49:7 states that Messiah would be known and hated by the entire nation. Not many men become known by their entire nation, and even less are so despised by the entire nation as was Jesus.

Based on the calculation by some statisticians, the possibility of someone fulfilling just eight of these predictions by pure coincidence is 0.000000000000000001. And how about fulfilling sixteen? Statistically, the chance for fulfilling sixteen prophecies by the same person during his lifetime is about 1/10 to the 45th power – that is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001. Can you count the number of zeros after the decimal point? There are 44 of them! Different statisticians may give you different results and they can minus five, 10 or even 20 zeros out, it still doesn’t change the result that tells us it is simply statistically impossible to fulfill even just sixteen prophecies by random chance. Do you know how many He has fulfilled? There were over 300 and many of the prophecies were totally beyond human control: the birth place, time, manner of death, people's reactions, piercing of side, burial, resurrection, etc. By using the same science of probability to calculate, the chance that any man might have lived to fulfill these 300 prophecies is staggering. It is one in several hundred of trillion, that is, instead of the 45 zeros, you need to replace with several trillion of zeros! This number is simply means that there is absolutely zero chance for it to occur. Just imagine you throw 3 dices and for every throw, all the 3 dices shown up as ‘6s’. You repeated this for 100,000 times and you continue to get the same results 100,000 times over. What can you conclude? It simply means that the dices are specially designed to show up only ‘6s’ regardless how you throw it because it’s totally impossible to have unbiased dices shown up only ‘6s’ 100,000 times over. We can therefore come to the conclusion that the fact that Jesus fulfilled over 300 prophecies as predicted in the Old Testament so accurately in His lifetime cannot be due to chance. These prophecies were carefully and meticulously planned and designed ahead of the actual events! The big question is: By Pure chance or by God Himself? Just like the first multiple-choice question, your answer to this second multiple-choice question will be going to determine how you are to live your life – right now here on earth and what is to come! You too can only choose one because they are both mutually exclusive!

The unique credentials and the Life of Jesus can be summarized and they are all recorded in the Four Gospels of Jesus Christ in the New Testament:

1. His birth is unique. He was born of a virgin.
2. His life is unique. He is sinless and He has never asked forgiveness.
3. He performs miracles witnessed by many people.
4. His teaching is unique. He teaches people to “love their enemies”.
5. His death is unique. He was killed for no reason.
6. His resurrection is unique. He appeared to many people to prove that He has victory over death.
7. He is alive today and He is now our High Priest and Advocate sitting at the Right Hand of God, the Father interceding for us.

As Christians, God also wants us to be unique, to be set apart from this world, to be holy because God is holy (1 Peter 1:16) and to be His peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9). Only by choosing the right answers to those two multiple-choice questions we can then be uniquely made to be His peculiar people whom He has chosen us for His glory!

Skeptics have objected to the testimony of prophecy because they knew it was statistically impossible for one man to fulfill over 300 prophecies in such minute accuracy. They arrogantly said that they were written after the times of Jesus and therefore fulfill themselves. The discovery of Red Sea Scrolls in 1947 has proved them wrong because the manuscripts which contained these messianic prophecies were written over 1,000 years before the birth of Christ! They now started to change their opinion and launch new attack and rebuke. One of the rebukes of these skeptics is that, while they accept the Old Testament as ‘some kind of religious or holy manuscripts’, their opinion is that it was written by a Jewish God and for the Jews. God is God and there is only one God and there is none else (Isaiah 45:18b). Hence, there is no such thing as a Jewish God, a Hokkien God, a Teochew God, a Cantonese God, a Roman God, an American God, or an Italian God.

When it comes to religious faith, everything boils down to choice and decision. Let me appeal to all my beloved brothers and sisters to decide now but make no mistakes about it. Nothing is more important than to pick THE CORRECT ANSWERS to the questions that we must all answer before we leave this world. No one can force which answers you should choose but your answers will make all the difference to your life right now on earth and to your life that which is to come when you leave this world! It is high time now to awake out of sleep to decide for our salvation (Romans 13:11), to live honourably, to put on the whole Armour of God and to let the Prince of Light govern us and not the Angel of Darkness (Romans 13:12).

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today’s Scripture Reading [August 1, 2010]
Jesus the Buddhist

"I am the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6)
His teaching is unique. He teaches people to “love their enemies”.

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times,serif]The below website link will connect you with a different image of Jesus of Nazareth that most of you are not familiar with. Our Gospel of Thomas website offers an open-minded exploration of the parallel mystical sayings and belief system of Jesus with Shin and Zen Buddhist teachings. Included are wonderful links with commentaries and historical analysis.[/FONT]

Parallel Sayings & Teachings

Exploring the Gospel of Thomas, we discoverthat Jesus believed the self and the divine to be identical and one. Furthermore the ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:place><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:PlaceType><FONT face=
Kingdom
</st1:PlaceType> of <st1:PlaceName>God</st1:PlaceName></ST1:place> is not in the future but is “right here.” and one only needs to be awakened to this perfection. Jesus, in this gospel, speaks of enlightenment, the same type that is taught by Shakyamuni Buddha, Shin teachers and Zen Masters. In addition Thomas does not have a narrative story line but just 114 sayings attributed to Jesus, many of which are akin to Zen koans and have parallel Buddhist sources. Here, Jesus is never presented as a Savior, but rather as a spiritual guide who is equal to his students. In addition, the Gospel of Thomas does not contain a supernatural virgin birth. It does not teach of original sin ...

Courtesy : http://www.bffct.net/id59.html

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Tan, Well i have to admit my knowledge of many things are quite lacking but i understand some now thanks to you.
You sir have some real solid knowledge of religion.
Just curious if u could share what is your faith?

Before I answer your question, I like to ask you this question.

What is important to you, God, church, family or leisure? 1 for top priority to 4 the least.

and why? just explain a short one is enough.

G

Goodnews

Mr Tan, your posts here are illuminating. Tx for sharing your thots here.

Anyway, this link below is a great commentary and sort of summarised the entire "debate" here.

A must read for believers and non-believers.
http://searchwarp.com/swa549999-Who-Invented-God.htm

Dear Neilgoose,

"A must read for believers and non-believers". Who are these "believers" and "non-believers"? Are you referring to Buddhists, Hindus, Muslim believers? Or "Just Christian believers?"

I think what you meant is (let me paraphase it): "A must read for Christians and Non-Christians".

In fact, this is a very great testimony to the faith and religion of Christianity. When you speak to someone, regardless of his religion and ask him this question, inevitable, you are making reference to as whether he is a Christian and non-Christian believer. No one in his right sense would mean "Buddhist or Taoist" believer or non-believer.

This really confirms the reality of the Bible, of God and of Jesus and Christianity although it may be just a simple question. The world indeed is divided into two as mentioned in Psalm23's Today Scripture Reading today: We are either ruled or governed by the Prince of Light (and that is Jesus) or we are ruled or governed by the Angel of Darkness (and that is Satan). Whether you like it or not, we are in one of these two camps. Much apologies to other religions, but if you are "believers" which mean you are Christians you are governed by the Prince of Light and you are "non-believers" you are governed by the Angel of Darkness. Bible is very clear - we are either in His light or in darkness.

Sorry for last comment because it's going to be scandalous and offensive to many "non-believers". Thousand apologies if you are offended. The 'apologies' that we have to mention so many time is another great testimony of Christianity. You see, we have to keep apologizing each time we say something like this and so much so that some Christian scholars specialized on this topic called "Apologetics" which is concerning with the defense and the rationalization of Christainity. How the word "Apologetic" comes into being I really don't know but the word "Apologetics" has a root word "Apologize". So, each time we defend our faith we have to apologize because the world just cannot accept what you say about Jesus (but you don't need to do in other religions...to apologise what you say!) For example, if I now say that a man who is possessed by the spirit of the monkey is actually a manifestation from a evil spirit, I have to apologize although this is consistent with what the Bible says. (Of course Mr. Tanwahtui doesn't mind that one of his sons be possessed by a money spirit because Mr. Tanwahtiu still have not answered one of my questions whether he rejoices and he is happy when his son is possessed by the monkey spirit. I am taking this liberty that since he is so thrilled that his aunty was possessed by a "mo ni”, I presume too he will be thrilled to see his son manifested into some kind of a monkey spirit. (Sorry I missed the spelling again.....Mr Tanwahtui may want to tell us again which “mo ni" came to his aunty. He has asked me to try harder to remember, but alas I just keep forgetting...they are so many gods which Mr. Tanwahtui has introduced. Perhaps I need to create an excel spreadsheet to record them...am thinking should I do it....just for Mr. Tanwahtui's sake.). Sorry, I now have to apologize to many taoist's believers if they find this is offensive. So, let me retrack what I have said about the monkey spirit...no intention to cause hurt, hor.....I am just giving an example to illustrate my point....please accept my apologies...sincerely and apologetically, hor.

God Bless

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha, the Enlightened One, had been said to be an incarnation of Vishnu. By so saying, Budhhism becomes absorbed into Hinduism.

There are many articles in the internet regarding this assertion. http://www.hvk.org/articles/0501/22.html says "Perhaps the most important reason for the decline of Buddhism as a separate religion was the absorption of its founder in the Hindu pantheon of gods - indeed an irony for one who denied their existence!"

Therein lies the nub - did Buddha acknowledge the Hindu gods in his theology?

Thus, if a religious leader taught concepts that explicitly conflict the basic tenets of other religious leaders, then it is best to let each teaching stand on its own merit. This is called 'respect'.

Last edited:
G

Goodnews

Dear IR123,

Your comments are always so relevant. Although they are short, but they are worth a thousand pictures.

I have gone to the Today's Scripture Reading blog and noted that you have contributed quick alot, though brief at times, your comments and messages are extremely thought-provoking, relevant and most importantly based on the Truth of Christ.

God Bless and hope to hear from you more often and share and encourage fellow believers - by default we all know this term is used quite universally to mean Christans. A spiritual food for thought - even skeptics to Psalm23 threads also imply this fact...when they refer to 'believers', they mean Christians and when they refer to 'non-believers' they refer to all other faiths outside Christianity, why not the opposite... Interesting hor....

God Bless

Last edited by a moderator:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Goodnews for you,

This time you cannnot act blur that it is the first time you heard of Buddha and Jesus similarity. No thousands apology is required. Amen will do just fine.

Sermon on the Mount, what is it?

Both the Buddhist Dhammapada and Jesus’ Sermon on the Plain (Mount), while although documents that originate out of different religions, both share some of the same core and fundamental beliefs within each one’s writings. Each text contains sections that look at what the ideals of human nature are and then justify and the appropriateness and worthiness of its ideals.

The ideals that are outlined within the Sermon on the Mount point the audience to live a life that is just that: ideal. A life that must be lived ideally is a life that is almost impossible to master in a modern and increasingly secular world. Jesus more than likely new this as he was preaching the Sermon on the Mount, so it seems as though the message that Jesus was most trying to get across was that adherence as close to the ideal as possible is probably the best route to take.
Courtesy: http://www.epinions.com/content_3122241668

Part 2
In the Gospel of St. Matthew, the Sermon on the Mount is a compilation of Jesus' sayings, epitomizing his moral teaching.<SUP id=cite_ref-ODCC_self_1-1 class=reference>[2]</SUP> According to chapters 5-7, Jesus of Nazareth gave this sermon (estimated around AD 30) on a mountainside to his disciples and a large crowd. Matthew groups Jesus' teachings into five discourses, of which the Sermon on the Mount is the first.<SUP id=cite_ref-Harris_2-0 class=reference>[3]</SUP> The others concern instructions for the disciples, parables of the Kingdom, instructions for the church, and a harsh denunciation of scribes and Pharisees.<SUP id=cite_ref-Harris_2-1 class=reference>[</SUP><SUP class=reference>3</SUP>
<SUP class=reference></SUP>
<SUP class=reference>Courtesy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sermon_on_the_Mount</SUP>
<SUP></SUP>
<SUP>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smile of the Buddha – [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Long before the word 'missionary' came to be synonymous with Christianity" Buddhist monks ('dharma-bhanakas') were traipsing across Asia. Travelling the Silk and Spice Routes they spread their doctrines all the way from Khotan in central Asia to Antioch and Alexandria in the west.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One such visit is documented in 20 BC in Athens. A Buddhist philosopher, Zarmarus, part of an embassy from India, made a doctrinal point by setting himself alight. His tomb became a tourist attraction and is mentioned by several historians. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clearly, the evangelists of Buddha were committed to their cause. Is it simply coincidence that the hero of the Buddhist tale is just a tad similar to the Christian superman? In both the story of the Buddha and the story of Jesus we read of a mystic or holy man, travelling from village to village. Each lives off the hospitality of the people and gets into trouble with the ruling elite by ignoring social status and taking food and refuge from prostitutes. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Is it just possible that the miracles ascribed to Jesus merely mimic the tricks practised by the 'holy men' in India?[/FONT]

</SUP>
<SUP>Courtesy: http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/buddha.html</SUP>
<SUP></SUP>

Last edited:

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
the prob with them is they dont question and and analyze and only read the bible and nothing else....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the prob with them is they dont question and and analyze and only read the bible and nothing else....

More than this. They only want to hear their weekly sermon on the mount (rostrum in thier church hall) from their priest. For one hour they hear then rest of the time socialing and looking for chao bos and bizs.

Not many remember what the sermon was about? Most people with children love to dump their kids at Sunday school and go out lunch with the fellow brethens and sisters and pick their kids later.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

If Christ gave you this place as your ministry, then do His work with a grateful heart because you are being approved and at the very least, your words will serve as a testimony against those who heckled you in the day of Judgment. At the very most, they will be saved and that will be your reward in Heaven.

This place here is definitely not my ministry. I need to concentrate on the area Christ gave me.

Have fun :smile:

G

Goodnews

More Goodnews for you,

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One such visit is documented in 20 BC in Athens. A Buddhist philosopher, Zarmarus, part of an embassy from India, made a doctrinal point by setting himself alight. His tomb became a tourist attraction and is mentioned by several historians. [/FONT]

Mr Tanwahtiu ah...you are very right.. hor...many famous people's tombs ended up as tourists attractions and the most popular being the First Emperor of China who was so insecured that he brought with him thousands of carved figurines in military formation to protect him in the 'nether world' and so he apparently must have believed there is a hell and he was on a one-way ticket there. Interesting to also note that why a great emperor who was supposed to provide and care of his subject thought that he was going to hell and not heaven (food for thought, hor). Now this tomb of the First Emperor of China is but also a tourist attractions.

I don't doubt that the First Emperor of China lived and he is a historical figure. I don't too doubt that Zamarus lived and he is a historical figure. The important question is where are they today. At least, the First Emperor of China was honest enough that he was going to hell (because nether world is commonly referred to as hell in oriental belief...and I don't know whether my spelling is right but again that's not important). If you are not going to heaven, you go to hell doesn't matter whether is nether world or neeeether world....it is simply hell!) (Note: In fact, one day everyone of us going is to be historical figure. The question is: are there people going to read our history? Again this is not important - the important question is: which destination will we be ended up? And remember, just like the First Emperor of China, this is a one-way ticket and after you have entered the place, the door will be completely shut. So, make sure you go to the right place hor!)

Jesus' tomb on the other hand is not a tourist attraction for very simple reason because there is nothing to see ther. It's empty and it is the empty tomb of Jesus that death is completely defeated. Jesus rose again, and where is He now? He is now sitting at the Right of God, interceding for us. Why I know - because the Bible tells me so!

(May be Mr. Tanwahtiu want to do some research and tell us where is Zamarus now whether he is sharing his mansion with the First Emperor of China or somewhere else or having a villa of his own in some other place. But remember: there are only two places he can go, one is 'nether world' that is hell and the other, make no mistakes about it, heaven.)

Many tourists' attraction tombs are visited by many people or rather tourists but the tomb of Jesus is visited by not tourists but by Christians especailly those who wanted to trace the last hour of Jesus' life. It's not a tourist attraction but rather because of the tomb, we all can and will be enter into eternality and to enjoy the inheritence that He has promised us. It is the power of the Resurrection of Jesus that draws us to visit His Empty Tomb, not as tourists but as His children whom Jesus yearning to meet us one day in heaven!

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Goodnews for you,

Mr Tanwahtiu ah...you are very right.. hor...many famous people's tombs ended up as tourists attractions and the most popular being the First Emperor of China who was so insecured that he brought with him thousands of carved figurines in military formation to protect him in the 'nether world' and so he apparently must have believed there is a hell and he was on a one-way ticket there. Interesting to also note that why a great emperor who was supposed to provide and care of his subject thought that he was going to hell and not heaven (food for thought, hor). Now this tomb of the First Emperor of China is but also a tourist attractions.

I don't doubt that the First Emperor of China lived and he is a historical figure. I don't too doubt that Zamarus lived and he is a historical figure. The important question is where are they today. At least, the First Emperor of China was honest enough that he was going to hell (because nether world is commonly referred to as hell in oriental belief...and I don't know whether my spelling is right but again that's not important). If you are not going to heaven, you go to hell doesn't matter whether is nether world or neeeether world....it is simply hell!) (Note: In fact, one day everyone of us going is to be historical figure. The question is: are there people going to read our history? Again this is not important - the important question is: which destination will we be ended up? And remember, just like the First Emperor of China, this is a one-way ticket and after you have entered the place, the door will be completely shut. So, make sure you go to the right place hor!)

Jesus' tomb on the other hand is not a tourist attraction for very simple reason because there is nothing to see ther. It's empty and it is the empty tomb of Jesus that death is completely defeated. Jesus rose again, and where is He now? He is now sitting at the Right of God, interceding for us. Why I know - because the Bible tells me so!

(May be Mr. Tanwahtiu want to do some research and tell us where is Zamarus now whether he is sharing his mansion with the First Emperor of China or somewhere else or having a villa of his own in some other place. But remember: there are only two places he can go, one is 'nether world' that is hell and the other, make no mistakes about it, heaven.)

Many tourists' attraction tombs are visited by many people or rather tourists but the tomb of Jesus is visited by not tourists but by Christians especailly those who wanted to trace the last hour of Jesus' life. It's not a tourist attraction but rather because of the tomb, we all can and will be enter into eternality and to enjoy the inheritence that He has promised us. It is the power of the Resurrection of Jesus that draws us to visit His Empty Tomb, not as tourists but as His children whom Jesus yearning to meet us one day in heaven!

tomb is empty doesnt mean the dead person in it rose from death....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Goodnews for you,

You are missing many points in the content and you talk about tomb as a tourist attraction. In a nutshell, you are either stupid or IQ need some checking.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
tomb is empty doesnt mean the dead person in it rose from death....

Goodnews need to get his IQ check. He missed the content of the subject and talk about tomb as tourist attraction, wah lao yeah!

Yehweh God must be disappointed to see his believers has low IQ, and not sure if he understood God's Word in the whole Bible. But the churches like such people who believe the Bible 'as it is' and never don't know how to doubt the authencity of the Bible and just give money to the church hoping to get better returns believing the pastors saying 'more you give more you receive (as if).

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a closing remarks I would like to mention that when the spirit of the True God comes, He can make animal to speak like human voice (as we can see in the Bible: He makes the donkey speaks with human voice). But it's the reverse when the spirit of the devil will to possess a man, the man will speak and behaviour like animals as we can see many of Jesus healing and casting of demons that have pointed to this. To non-Christains...please accept my apologies but I am writing from what is written in the Bible. If you are believers of animal spirits or animal gods, you have every right to your belief. So....thousand apologies....)

God Bless.[/B]

So, u believe God, Almighty, possess Jesus, and thus made him a God??

G

Goodnews

Goodnews need to get his IQ check. He missed the content of the subject and talk about tomb as tourist attraction, wah lao yeah!

Yehweh God must be disappointed to see his believers has low IQ, and not sure if he understood God's Word in the whole Bible. But the churches like such people who believe the Bible 'as it is' and never don't know how to doubt the authencity of the Bible and just give money to the church hoping to get better returns believing the pastors saying 'more you give more you receive (as if).

You have really missed all my points and my questions.

Tanwahtiu,

You still have not told us where is your great philosopher, Zarmarus now? After he went round teaching about the his belief, about God or no God, did he just leave this earth with a bye-bye and goodbye and leave all his disciples wondering where they will be going when they died?

Before Jesus died and went to heaven, He has promised us to come again and to receive us to His Heavenly Kingdom. Jesus did not leave this world and just say bye-bye and goodbye to His children. He left to be our High Priest, interceding for us in Heaven. He left to prepare for us a heavenly home and He will come to take us to the heavenly home that He is preparing for us.

So, where is Zamarus now? Please tell us.

Also, you still have not answered me why would such a great emperor like the First Emperor of China who built the great wall of China to protect his country from attack by barbarians so that he could bring peace to his country still considered himself not good enough to go to heaven. Instead, he thought that the only place for him was hell and he was on a one-way ticket there bringing along thousand of clay soldiers.

Please answers my questions before you label people with low IQ. But I want to admit that as Christains, the answer is an affirmative "yes". In the eyes of the world we are fools and this is exactly what the Bible says. You see, what the Bible tells us is also true. We are fools in the eyes of the world but the good news is that we are wise in the eyes of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. That's the most important thing because God has said: The fools has said that there is no God. In God eyes, it is the opposite from the world. In fact, just about everything, what is happening to the world and what the world likes, they are just diagonally in opposition to God.

The tomb of Jesus is empty. The Bible has said, we come into this world bringing nothing and we will leave bringing out nothing. Jesus is truly the reflection of what is being taught here. He left this world with absolutely with nothing but only His spoken Word, His Gospel, the Gospel of Good News, the Gospel of Himself, Jesus Christ. All the teachings that He has taught us were by His spoken words and were recorded by His disciples. He has never written anything on paper unlike many other sages who had written volumes and volumes but alas many are left in the libraries collecting dusts. Jesus left the world with absolutely nothing - even the tomb that His body was buried with was a borrowed tomb. The only possession He has was the clothe that He worn at the very last minutes of His life and has become so torn because He was so grossly wiped and pierced that no one would want to have that piece of clothe. It's worst than a rug you can find in any street in Calcutta. Jesus left the earth with completely nothing in every true sense of the word. No one has ever left this world the way Jesus did. What a great God we serve!

Although Jesus has never written a single word on paper, but His Gospel is now translated into more than 2,200 languages! When you are telling the true, people will just listen because within us, we are always yearning for truth especially, for God's truth. When it comes to language translations of books, there is no close second. I don't think I have known of any books being translated to more than 50 languages let about 2,200! Even a book is translated to 100, 200 or even 300 languages, compared to the Bible, it's really peanuts and truly so...sadly some books are translated with many languages but only for monkeys to read as we can see some novels, etc.

But the Gospels of Jesus, the Bible is read by, studied at and researched into by people from all diversities, all nations from farmers to Nobel Prize scientists! Every nation from the biggest nation to the tiniest nation, you will inevitable find some Bible-believing Christians. The Word of God, the Bible is certainly not written for monkeys and for that matter, monkeys will never read the Bible let alone understand it. It is written only for the children of God, for His people, the precious souls of His Kingdom.

God bless

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Goodnews,
It is refreshing to see that you continued to engage non believers even though you have been exhorted by your fellow believers here not to bother replying to us.

I myself do not disagree completely with you but i only take exception to your claim that Jesus is divine when in the bible you can only make inferences and associations to his divinity whence He himself never claim in an unambiguous manner that " I AM YOUR LORD GOD SO WORSHIP ME" . On the other hand Jesus had mentioned in the bible .."BEHOLD O ISRAEL YOUR GOD , MY LORD IS BUT ONE GOD"
he also points out that " MY FATHER IS GREATER THAN I" so these two are enough for anyone to see that Jesus is not God.

There are other strong evidence in the bible that points to Him not being God or God-man as some would explain it. but im sure you have your reasons to believe otherwise in other verses but how can you reconcile these two verses in the most simple manner that even a child can understand?
Because , God is certainly not the author of confusion. His message should be clear and simple.