• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

today is bachang day?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With candidates like ChanCS, Lee BW, Josephine, Yaacob, Tin PL, Janil, Teo Ser Luck, Grace and Khaw,
the opposition could not be more blessed.

Why so? The oppies lost to these PAP politicians repeatedly.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Anyone else still wrapping bak zhang these few days? Probably the last few times I’m doing this, the younger folks just ain’t interested in making these anymore... So just for sharing, do you know the original bak zhang in China is just using plain glutinous rice with the bak zhang leaf? Yeah, only through changes in the tradition, more ingredients went into the bak zhang and it evolved into the version we know today. Kthxbye...

5C510AC5-1BC8-4431-B121-6AA799F48E20.jpeg

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Anyone else still wrapping bak zhang these few days? Probably the last few times I’m doing this, the younger folks just ain’t interested in making these anymore... So just for sharing, do you know the original bak zhang in China is just using plain glutinous rice with the bak zhang leaf? Yeah, only through changes in the tradition, more ingredients went into the bak zhang and it evolved into the version we know today. Kthxbye...

View attachment 147590
I am impressed you know how to make bak zhang.:thumbsup: I have never made one in my life, but I like eating them.:biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is also around this special time of the year, the prices of bak zhang and other zhangs increased by a lot.

So you'll have to pay more if you're used to eating it as a snack or for breakfast.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just had a homemade one for dinner last night. Made by a relative from Malaysia. It was giant sized and wrapped differently. Lots of filling - sazhambak, duck egg yoke, mushroom. The signature filling for that side of my family was a small slice of dried cuttlefish. Shiok. Still got one more in the fridge

Homemade bazhang are the best!

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

View attachment 147590
Can place orders? Self pickup and pay via Paylah?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this season more ex to buy ? Mr bean selling small 1s kind $4.60 and doesn't look nice at all. Some stalls like imm sell about $5 1b nice now should be double price?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this season more ex to buy ? Mr bean selling small 1s kind $4.60 and doesn't look nice at all. Some stalls like imm sell about $5 1b nice now should be double price?
Sheng Siong sells good and cheap bakchang. Pork is $2.45. Same with Nonya. I like the Pork Bakchang. For $2.45, a lot of meat.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I am impressed you know how to make bak zhang.:thumbsup: I have never made one in my life, but I like eating them.:biggrin:
I learned how to wrap the dumplings from my grandmother. In the past, my granny simply used braised pork belly, braised mushrooms, chestnut, salted duck egg yolk, and haebeehiam.

Now I added dried scallops instead of the haebeehiam for that umami, the rest of the ingredients pretty much the same. Just wrap for fun lah :coffee::coffee::coffee:

plzhelpme

Alfrescian
Loyal
I learned how to wrap the dumplings from my grandmother. In the past, my granny simply used braised pork belly, braised mushrooms, chestnut, salted duck egg yolk, and haebeehiam.

Now I added dried scallops instead of the haebeehiam for that umami, the rest of the ingredients pretty much the same. Just wrap for fun lah :coffee::coffee::coffee:

KNN

Must go jiuhu to eat the
amy yip
bak chang.

knn