• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Time for Ng Eng Hen do something about SAF dying for IPPT

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is too many SAF dying for IPPT already.

Get SAF Medical Service's cardiologists to go to work!

Screen the men for heart health problems, give them Cow's S$8 bypass FOC! :p:wink:

Train medics for heart arrest rescue and standby equipments & medicine during IPPT.

Medical safety briefing before IPPT.

SAF to die for SG doing IPPT? That would be a World Class JOKE!

leoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
ng eh didnt serve ns n wasnt in d army
wld he b caring who died?? ... or ....even wat is ippt

That is too many SAF dying for IPPT already.

Get SAF Medical Service's cardiologists to go to work!

Screen the men for heart health problems, give them Cow's S$8 bypass FOC! :p:wink:

Train medics for heart arrest rescue and standby equipments & medicine during IPPT.

Medical safety briefing before IPPT.

SAF to die for SG doing IPPT? That would be a World Class JOKE!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you be a medic Yap?

I have no more NS Reservist liability any longer since I reached age of 40 many years ago. Mindef already 2 weeks after my 40th birthday sent me a letter thanked me to discharge my service. :wink: Understand? ROD Loh! :biggrin:

I was a first aid instructor but nothing to do with SAF. Now it is the younger Singaporeans' turn to serve as medics. My NS is over already. :p If I collapsed running I will expect them to come and save my live OK? :wink::wink: & they better to be equipped and trained. Ministers who are paid millions better organise this and make it work.

My current age very close to that recent SAF who died in IPPT hor.:eek:

bearpaws

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya i think he needs do something for us people who force to take ippt every year.
china kid come here study free, stay free hospital free, die of leukemia in singapore hospital, parents sue for 1.8m say our hospital no standard.

if tomoro i take my ippt n die, i wonder if i will get 1.8m or not.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember, no one can force you to undergo IPPT which may imperil your life. If not fit, do not take the test, see the MO or private doctor. Do whatever exams they ask but do not take the IPPT test. Doing so and failing it means all your own fault which they can make you undergo RT and all other inconveniences. I kept on at it until the MO give up and put me on medical board which subsequently got me discharged.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is nonsense. Fit people can drop dead due to sudden catastrosphic failures and there's nothing anybody can do about it. An irregular heartbeat which stops the heart suddenly, a plaque comes loose and gets lodged in the brains tiny arteries etc.

Stop blaming the govt. for something as silly as this. It's called crying wolf.

Last edited:

hellion83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed kingrant. Some things (like staying healthy and reasonably fit) fall squarely on your own plate. It's not like reservists are being forced to run full marathons all of a sudden.

I was a medic back in my full-time NS days (ORD circa 2006). The equipment and ambulance is all there. Next time you're at your IPPT, look out for the guy with the red cross on his armband watching the grass grow. There's also an MO at the base medical centre. If anything, my issue is with the training of the medics. I took my job seriously, but I'm pretty sure there were some guys who wouldn't have a clue if a collapse case involved anything more than dehydration. They should aim to give medics some real-life exposure by working with the SCDF.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah that's what i was saying to Yap. You think soldiers in Gopalan Nair land don't collapse?

That shows that your brain isn't working at all. It is nothing to do with Gopal or US or weather soldiers in any other places will collapse. It is about those idiots that are supposed to do something about this, better do their jobs. You are to do something about your cross-wired brains too. :p:wink:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it seems alot of these apparent very fit soldiers who collapse mysteriously...very odd.

if you are fat and obese and you conk out...ok, fair enough - you have heart problems, high blood pressures, etc...

But u are fit, n u fall dead...it all make it more difficult to accept. And these inherent problems...all due to cardio failures...cannot be detected via annual medical checks?

Surely, the relevant authorities can examine the previous cases and determine which are the tell-tale signs...if any soldiers exhibit these signs, then they need to be monitored.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it seems alot of these apparent very fit soldiers who collapse mysteriously...very odd.

if you are fat and obese and you conk out...ok, fair enough - you have heart problems, high blood pressures, etc...

But u are fit, n u fall dead...it all make it more difficult to accept. And these inherent problems...all due to cardio failures...cannot be detected via annual medical checks?

Surely, the relevant authorities can examine the previous cases and determine which are the tell-tale signs...if any soldiers exhibit these signs, then they need to be monitored.

We do not have to shout very loudly, whisper loudly will do, the large number of unfit SAF regular is a known fact, aka in Hokkien 'jiat liao bee' (literal translate, eat finish the rice, that is good for nothing). This is the same with the government. But, there are some who are really fit in the SAF as well as in the government, eg GY for one, LKY for his age.

I think they do have a monitoring system for people of different age group, maybe they should fine tune it to include maybe inherited sickness, stress & maybe mental fitness.

But, generally, they all are 'jiak lian bee'...:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We do not have to shout very loudly, whisper loudly will do, the large number of unfit SAF regular is a known fact, aka in Hokkien 'jiat liao bee' (literal translate, eat finish the rice, that is good for nothing). This is the same with the government. But, there are some who are really fit in the SAF as well as in the government, eg GY for one, LKY for his age.

I think they do have a monitoring system for people of different age group, maybe they should fine tune it to include maybe inherited sickness, stress & maybe mental fitness.

But, generally, they all are 'jiak lian bee'...:biggrin:

===

I find it bizzare - recall the chap who died after completing a triathlon...it seems fit men are dying...its better to be unfit...

at least if you die, u noe you die of what.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
===

I find it bizzare - recall the chap who died after completing a triathlon...it seems fit men are dying...its better to be unfit...

at least if you die, u noe you die of what.

I know of someone who was so darn fit, died of heart attack; during one of those running events. It is not the physically fit part, the body is fit as a fiddle, but the heart, that is a different story.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know of someone who was so darn fit, died of heart attack; during one of those running events. It is not the physically fit part, the body is fit as a fiddle, but the heart, that is a different story.
==

so the process of training /keeping fit, somehows weaken the heart?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agreed kingrant. Some things (like staying healthy and reasonably fit) fall squarely on your own plate. It's not like reservists are being forced to run full marathons all of a sudden.

I was a medic back in my full-time NS days (ORD circa 2006). The equipment and ambulance is all there. Next time you're at your IPPT, look out for the guy with the red cross on his armband watching the grass grow. There's also an MO at the base medical centre. If anything, my issue is with the training of the medics. I took my job seriously, but I'm pretty sure there were some guys who wouldn't have a clue if a collapse case involved anything more than dehydration. They should aim to give medics some real-life exposure by working with the SCDF.

I think only the regular medics get attached with SCDF, NSFs spend their time poking each other veins with needles :P

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
==

so the process of training /keeping fit, somehows weaken the heart?

Sometimes it does, some people just don't recongnise the fact that, they are 50 years of age, and still think they have a body of 18 years..so they push over the limit...so how, not to die?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes it does, some people just don't recongnise the fact that, they are 50 years of age, and still think they have a body of 18 years..so they push over the limit...so how, not to die?

==

actually sometimes i think, all these running on threadmill is bullshit. Go fuck a girl / woman, the amount of energy expended in a lovemaking session can keep you fit ...just do that thrice a week...hee

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle yap... to my understanding, only doctors can use the heart starters on the patients. not any tom, dick or harry can suka suka use it on any patient.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle yap... to my understanding, only doctors can use the heart starters on the patients. not any tom, dick or harry can suka suka use it on any patient.

It is already a fucking scandal that our SAF is so fragile don't need a war to die, IPPT already mati. :( How to go to war?

FFI for IPPT ah? Also ironical!

Preventing the scandal from being exposed is a micro-short-term solution only. And it waste tax payer dollars to save face only. :(

I know very clearly that as long as Singapore is ran by famiLEE LEEgime's scholar culture, we head only toward the worst in this angle. SAF soldier will need maids to carry full-pack and officers will die running IPPT. Enemies will die laughing! :Z

If the opposition took over with inheritance of the same scholar culture, I also don't see any change towards a real SAF.

In countries of real soldiers they fill up their war cemeteries with real war hero who have very proud reasons to die for and their countries made their deaths worthwhile, their survivors serves and fight on with bullet wounds and bomb scars on their bodies, and they aren't afraid to join their fellow fighters in the war cemeteries.

These are the kind of SAF that I will be proud of.

You are telling me technicalities and regulations which are FUCKED RULES made by famiLEE LEEgime scholars. Real soldiers and fighters fuck rules, if they can save their comrades' lives with any medical instruments they will do so. :wink:

If you captured enemies doctor you will make him save you own dying soldiers, stick a bayonet up doctor's ass to convince him if necessary, and help him to understand that if our soldiers die he die too. And fuck Geneva Convention. :wink: :0

Last edited: