• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There will be a large no. of Vote Spoilers.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an egoistic illusion that spoiling of votes does not matter.

Below is a computation to show that those who spoil their votes does matters, but not in a way most of these vote spoilers think.

Impact-of-Spoiled-Votes-2.gif

People who spoiled their votes essentially allows the person who is in the lead (even by the most narrow margin of 1 vote) to win.

Therefore let's say the final winning between TT and OrangUTan is 1 vote, where
TT = 800,001 votes, and
OrangUTan = 800,000.

Those who spoiled their votes + hate TT + neutral to OrangUTan has basically just allowed TT to be their president.

Good luck.

Every time i see this image i go WTF. Dunno who come up with such a meaningless illustration. Case 1 and case 2 completely different cases with different total number of votes.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's to show objection to the whole process or objection to all the candidates.

The problem is that sometimes when we try to show objection to the whole process or to everyone, we end up showing objection to nothing and nobody.

The correct way to show objection is not to turn up for the vote le. Void vote is ball-less way of showing objection, hence it won't be concerned by anyone cos the party knows you are ball-less lor . In conclusion all the void voters are ball-less.:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok here is the thing, Yesterday i talked to a total no. of 8 individuals about whom they will be voting for during the coming PE, out of the 8, 3 will be voting for TJS, 1 for TT and 4 will be voiding.

Honestly mates, Why do people spoil their votes? I remembered in the last G.E i told my friends, That sometimes in life, You will only be given 2 choices, Left or Right and there is no such thing as avoiding.(Netruel = Likes both so dont want to choose, Avoid-Trying to run away from the situation thinking that it will not affect you or you think its a Rebel attitude or your cool by doing that) Cos end of the day.. Whoever comes to power will be because of votes by the people, So either way you will still be govern by the people's choice.

Yesterday i had a long argument from City to the Heartlands with a Eurasian taxi driver, Guy talk cock so much that he was driving at 60km/hr on the PIE, Nvm that cos he was a funny guy, Anyways he will also be voiding his vote. Its funny that a 28 yr old guy has to explain to a 56yr old man with tattoos about Singapore politics and explaining to him things like "It doesnt mean the entire Union membership will be voting for TT, even if the union comes out endorsing him, cos its the Union Leaders that wants to endorse him and it doesnt mean everyone within the union has vouch to vote for TT.)

I cant really understand why people void their votes. Can you guys give me some explanation on why they do this. 1 of the First reasons i can give is Majority of Singapore citizens are still politically unaware, to much listening to Myths(Etc. Rigging, Might be true in the past but im highly against that idea for 2011 Elections) or just plain ignorant. Also people tend to be more interested in USA conspiracy theories or things like Illuminati or Religion politics or History, But to me they have failed to realize that domestic politics is more important to know 1st b4 knowing international/Religion politics.

Got balls then tear the voting slip lah... just like the Thais... talk so much crap.. in the end still ball-lesss. sinkie...

refulgence

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spoiling your vote is irresponsible. Voting is a duty. If you vote, you are helping to ensure that the candidates you dislike most get less %. Winning is not all we are fighting for. It is also to reduce the winning margin of the winner. If you void, then in the end the % of the winner will be higher (void votes are not counted).

Having an elected president with less than 50%, preferably less than 40%, of the valid votes is a better protest than vote spoiling.

Ageed. Most people who void their votes expect a saint for President, when in reality one should vote for the least dishonest candidate.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The correct way to show objection is not to turn up for the vote le. Void vote is ball-less way of showing objection, hence it won't be concerned by anyone cos the party knows you are ball-less lor . In conclusion all the void voters are ball-less.:biggrin:

in other countries with no compulsory voting, there are campaigns to get peoples who don't want to vote & don't know who to vote for, to turn up and spoil their votes.

they suggested showing your anger toward all politicians by spoiling votes at the polls. sitting at home and not bothering are telling those politicians that they don't care who is elected which is wrong.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in other countries with no compulsory voting, there are campaigns to get peoples who don't want to vote & don't know who to vote for, to turn up and spoil their votes.

they suggested showing your anger toward all politicians by spoiling votes at the polls. sitting at home and not bothering are telling those politicians that they don't care who is elected which is wrong.

Oh...ok thats a better one then not turning up. Sadly it will not happen in sinkieland.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore compulsory voting is NATO. They don't enforce anymore. If you don't show up, they just quietly cancel your name from register. I can don't go vote too. But I purposely choose to go. My purpose is boost the spoil vote %tage. Absentee won't show on the vote count. Tonychat suggestion from Thai voting to tear up the voting slip is not bad too. Have considered it awhile but then decided not to. They'll just throw away the slip, not much fun. Decided to draw four cartoons one in each box. The counting officials will get some shock LOL.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha.....let me put things in perspective.
voters' turn-out is an indication of the general apathy of the population....
however unless you have a very good feedback system, the figure may be affected by:
a. pple unable to vote because sick, overseas, etc...
b. pple really bochap....can't be bothered

spolit vote is different......it is a clear expression of dis-satisfaction with the sytem or the candidates offered and sent a strong signal.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
People just do not know when to spoil a vote. Everything has a purpose. People also do not know when to boycott. In the asian context, the justification is typically more emotional and tantrum like and not tactical. There must be enough numbers in the spoil vote category to have any impact. It has to be mass movement and where both all the candidates despite their various guises are part of the same machinery. Selecting a baboon to embarrass the Govt rather than spoiling the vote is tactical. But you have dumb idiots that will give reasons such as everyone is entitled to vote his own way. Might as well hold your dick and sing Kumbaya.

Oppressive Govt know this and therefore will avoid having a baboon in the race as it will back fire. Voting is all about messaging the Govt about expectations, the previous performance etc. Spoiling a vote is last thing option and it must have mass appeal. Of course the bigger idiots are those who advocate boycotting elections. There goes the opportunity to pass a message.

The PAP bet right by not imprisoning Lee Siew Choh during Cold Store. And he did the expected and led the boycott. Game over.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....in a clear 1to1, we all know who is the baboon.
in a 4 corner fight.....who is the baboon?
the baboon theory don't work anymore!
echoing without understanding will get you no where.....

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....in a clear 1to1, we all know who is the baboon.
in a 4 corner fight.....who is the baboon?
the baboon theory don't work anymore!
echoing without understanding will get you no where.....

If you define the baboon who will cause the ruling party embarassment, that must be TJS. That shouldbe quiteclear. TCB will still be embraced and no loss of face for the ruling party (only to TT).

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
I duno why but today the 1st time I got this polling paper with people faces on it. All the time only logo but todays one got photo of people faces. Thats not the worst suddenly i got this urge to draw monkey faces on all of them and so I did. Now my vote is spoilt :(