• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There will be a large no. of Vote Spoilers.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok here is the thing, Yesterday i talked to a total no. of 8 individuals about whom they will be voting for during the coming PE, out of the 8, 3 will be voting for TJS, 1 for TT and 4 will be voiding.

Honestly mates, Why do people spoil their votes? I remembered in the last G.E i told my friends, That sometimes in life, You will only be given 2 choices, Left or Right and there is no such thing as avoiding.(Netruel = Likes both so dont want to choose, Avoid-Trying to run away from the situation thinking that it will not affect you or you think its a Rebel attitude or your cool by doing that) Cos end of the day.. Whoever comes to power will be because of votes by the people, So either way you will still be govern by the people's choice.

Yesterday i had a long argument from City to the Heartlands with a Eurasian taxi driver, Guy talk cock so much that he was driving at 60km/hr on the PIE, Nvm that cos he was a funny guy, Anyways he will also be voiding his vote. Its funny that a 28 yr old guy has to explain to a 56yr old man with tattoos about Singapore politics and explaining to him things like "It doesnt mean the entire Union membership will be voting for TT, even if the union comes out endorsing him, cos its the Union Leaders that wants to endorse him and it doesnt mean everyone within the union has vouch to vote for TT.)

I cant really understand why people void their votes. Can you guys give me some explanation on why they do this. 1 of the First reasons i can give is Majority of Singapore citizens are still politically unaware, to much listening to Myths(Etc. Rigging, Might be true in the past but im highly against that idea for 2011 Elections) or just plain ignorant. Also people tend to be more interested in USA conspiracy theories or things like Illuminati or Religion politics or History, But to me they have failed to realize that domestic politics is more important to know 1st b4 knowing international/Religion politics.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
It's to show objection to the whole process or objection to all the candidates.

The problem is that sometimes when we try to show objection to the whole process or to everyone, we end up showing objection to nothing and nobody.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Spoil vote means fuck the PE wayang system. I'm spoiling vote too. Government likes to talk about messages and signals. My spoilt vote is a loud message and clear signal. Fuck the PE system. Have you seen the 1988-89 footage of LKY and heard what he said? He said it's to ensure *new* government can't use reserves from *past* government. Fuck him middle finger up! Government of the day is government of the day and government of yesterday should hand over everything. He setup PE to prevent opposition from using reserves in case opposition becomes government. Fuck him and fuck PE. Reserves are people's money, not his or his grandfather's money. The people are represented by Parliament, that's good enough for me.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then why are you spoiling the vote instead of voting for TJS and allowing him to stir up the government. Cos end of the day, Would you rather have a person like TJS making a drama with the government and making more locals more politically aware or would you rather watch commercials made by TT. End of the day... I guess the government would rather have you spoil your votes then give it to the opp, cos its pretty clear that when people come to this stage, They are very anti-ruiling so it will be a long shot that they will vote for the ruiling, so they rather have you spoil your votes then give it to the Opp.

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spoiling votes favor TT no?

actually i find none of the candidates ideal... but then, this is not a perfect world. In a truly democratic society, any tom dick and harry can come up to stand for elections - why must a PEC first screen and decide who is eligible and who is not?

What makes PEC think that they represent the best decision makers in deciding who is eligible or not? If so, why not simply as PEC to pick their candidate better right? And while they are it, why did they not include the criteria of being in good physical health too? and show us their IPPT results ? Becos the president works under great stress and need to be physically fit...LOL...anyways, thats joke.

ok, you can impose a security deposit to weed out those trouble makers - but that shld be the only criteria (besides the candidate being a Singaporean).

A truly independent candidate should not have any affiliations with any political party - but that is not realistic. If you don't join a political party, where do you get support / endorsement / the political awakening, whose political ideologies do you subscribe?

Reading from the forum and press, there are pros and cons for each candidate and seriously, given the parameters binding the duties and responsibilities of the PE, u dun need these fine gentlemen to do the job.

Because every thing the PE do, is pre-advised, pre-determined. Its like the jury advising the judge and the judge pass the verdict.

If I spoil the vote, and that is a if, it is out of objection to this whole system.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then why are you spoiling for vote instead of voting for TJS and let him stir up the government. Cos end of the day, Who you rather have a person like TJS making a drama with the government or would you rather watch commercials made by TT.
Not mature comments, no offense. But spoiling votes are selfish, you have the right to choose, choose it, you void your vote means you gave up on your country.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
But doesnt mean that spoiling the vote means an Objection to the whole system nor do i think they will say "Hey, There is mass voiding, The people are not happy with the system.. Now lets change it" Noting comes out good from spoiling your vote. It clearly shows an Anarchy or Ignorant view.. Like i mention ealier on.. They would rather have you spoil the vote cos its pretty obvious that people who do that are not happy with the government, So they rather have you throw your vote/voice away then give it to the opp.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not mature comments, no offense. But spoiling votes are selfish, you have the right to choose, choose it, you void your vote means you gave up on your country.

bro...in UN, sometimes, mmbrs choose to abstain (not veto)...thats like spoiling vote.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should I vote TJS? He's also GCT stooge before. Now worse, CSJ stooge. I'd vote for PAP anytime if the opponent is SDP under CSJ. Anyway all of them were at one time or another whether official PAP membership or not. The president COE criteria means all qualified must have something to do with PAP before, don't you see? Who in Singapore can get above $100m capitalisation CEO job or equivalent, minister or equivalent, without links to PAP?

Spoil the vote. I hope spoilt votes go above 10% nationwide to make the message loud and clear.

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont mean Stir up as in bringing in Chaos but more of Waking up the people with the dramas.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro...in UN, sometimes, mmbrs choose to abstain (not veto)...thats like spoiling vote.
Thats why i said dun lah..... sometimes the results might not be what you wanted, to PAP, spoiling votes is "no comments, I like the current situation now", thats why PAP can do what they want, what they pleases.....

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should I vote TJS? He's also GCT stooge before. Now worse, CSJ stooge. I'd vote for PAP anytime if the opponent is SDP under CSJ. Anyway all of them were at one time or another whether official PAP membership or not. The president COE criteria means all qualified must have something to do with PAP before, don't you see? Who in Singapore can get above $100m capitalisation or equivalent, minister or equivalent, without links to PAP?

Spoil the vote. I hope spoilt votes go above 10% nationwide to make the message loud and clear.

Im very sure that will happen, Def more then 10% will spoil their votes.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spoiling your vote is irresponsible. Voting is a duty. If you vote, you are helping to ensure that the candidates you dislike most get less %. Winning is not all we are fighting for. It is also to reduce the winning margin of the winner. If you void, then in the end the % of the winner will be higher (void votes are not counted).

Having an elected president with less than 50%, preferably less than 40%, of the valid votes is a better protest than vote spoiling.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't tactical vote and voiding your vote is a right too.

if you don't like all 4 candidates, VOID your vote! it serves no purpose to vote for least disliked A over most disliked B since you dislike all 4.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the right way to show contempt for the process is a mass boycott of the polling, despite voting being compulsory. If, say, 70% refuse to vote, whoever comes in will not have any legitimacy. But it's too late for that, so I'll go for the one the PAPzis find most troublesome.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is PAP plan B. Ask vote swingers to void votes. Tony will then win, and win with a better margin, compared to vote swingers voting for any of the three other candidates (in which case even if Tony wins his margin will be disgracefully lower).

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if only 30% turns up to vote and all vote for Tony, it will be recorded as 100% mandate (not 30%). As long as PAP is in power, you need to play their game in their rules, and try to beat them in their rules.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spoil vote might as well dun go, knn go all the way to polling booth to spoil vote? Wtf?

Sorry I don't think the same. If you believe in democracy absolutely, you must also believe in the right to spoil vote. You ask me A B C or D, must vote one, I must be able to vote none of the above. That's democracy. I'm not obliged to contribute to anyone margin since I support noone. But I'll accept the winner. That's democracy. I'll purposely take the trouble to go there and spoil vote. Draw a carrtoon. Haven't decided on the cartoon yet. :biggrin:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is an egoistic illusion that spoiling of votes does not matter.

Below is a computation to show that those who spoil their votes does matters, but not in a way most of these vote spoilers think.

Impact-of-Spoiled-Votes-2.gif

People who spoiled their votes essentially allows the person who is in the lead (even by the most narrow margin of 1 vote) to win.

Therefore let's say the final winning between TT and OrangUTan is 1 vote, where
TT = 800,001 votes, and
OrangUTan = 800,000.

Those who spoiled their votes + hate TT + neutral to OrangUTan has basically just allowed TT to be their president.

Good luck.