• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There was a misunderstanding by Dyson Management and HR team

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hearsay Dyson retrenched staff are almost foreigners on work permit or PR.

So Dyson didn’t bother to inform MOM as there was unwritten rule that companies only need to pre alert MOM if they intend to retrench local Singaporeans.

Now Dyson is in spotlight

VanDick

Alfrescian
Loyal

So Dyson didn’t bother to inform MOM as there was unwritten rule that companies only need to pre alert MOM if they intend to retrench local Singaporeans.

This is Dyson's way of showing the middle finger to MOM.

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal

How dare Dyson retrench beloved foreigners! This is more serious than firing Singaporeans!

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dyson fire the wrong peepur....all these are "Talents" not Sinki Cannon Flodders

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.99.co/singapore/insider/employment-act-singapore/

step forward.

Understanding this legislation is crucial for both employees and employers in Singapore. It safeguards your rights and sets clear guidelines for workplace practices. Whether you are an employer looking to ensure compliance or an employee seeking to understand your rights, this guide will provide a comprehensive overview of the Employment Act:

1. Overview of Singapore’s Employment Act
  2. Who does Singapore’s Employment Act apply to?
  3. Key Employment Terms (KETs)
  4. Salary and bonus
  5. Working hours and overtime
  6. Payment of salary
  7. Leave entitlements
    • Rest days and public holidays
    • Annual leave
    • Sick leave
    • Health insurance
    • Maternity and childcare leave
  8. Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions
  9. Probation period
  10. Employment termination
  11. Retrenchment/Layoffs/Downsizing
  12. Dispute resolution
  13. Resources to keep yourself informed and protected

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/tod...en-laws-protecting-retrenched-workers-4637736

Your Say: Why Singapore should strengthen laws protecting retrenched workers​

Your Say: Why Singapore should strengthen laws protecting retrenched workers

26 Jan 2024 08:00AM (Updated: 26 Sep 2024 09:46AM)
BookmarkShare
Iwas recently retrenched. This came as a shock to me as I had been in a senior leadership role for nearly three years and had brought in significant revenue for my employer — a global company in the creative industry.
I was informed that the reason for my retrenchment was “financial challenges” and it was not a “reflection of my past performance or contributions”.