• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The search for a lasting happiness

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How would one define happiness? To reach a goal? To achieve an objective?

These two, in the bigger scheme of things, is but a fleeting moment of satisfaction. You feel at the top of the world, top of your game.

Materially, I know I have enough for myself, my family and kids. But then, there will always someone out there with more. Admittedly it does make me feel "lesser" in a way, so I ask myself nowadays, how can I feel happy and at the same time not have feelings of sour grapes or covet another's success secretly by the side.:o

When I recently saw the program "The Other Final", which showed the bottom 2 FIFA teams, Bhutan and Montserrat playing their hearts out and sharing a "split" World Cup at the end of the match, it got me thinking, they are playing for the joy of it, they are both "winners" in the end.

So perhaps someday, success will not be tied to material possessions, but rather, the satisfaction that one has done their very best. And perhaps that will have to begin within ourselves.

Your thoughts please.

jw5

Loyal
bro
Let me try to define happiness even though I'm still looking for it.
It's a feeling of well being and comfort in relation to yourself and your environment.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
... Your thoughts please ...

never negating, never affirming, having a complete understanding of things being the way they are without pursuing the thought of it all in a vicious never-ending cycle, that's true liberation of the mind, that's happiness for me :p

in short: what ever's on the mind, it doesn't matter; what ever the matter, never mind... :biggrin:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the defination of happiness varies.
im still confuse.
maybe my happiness is tat i can leave the world peacefully.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

These two, in the bigger scheme of things, is but a fleeting moment of satisfaction. You feel at the top of the world, top of your game.

Materially, I know I have enough for myself, my family and kids. But then, there will always someone out there with more. Admittedly it does make me feel "lesser" in a way, so I ask myself nowadays, how can I feel happy and at the same time not have feelings of sour grapes or covet another's success secretly by the side.:o

When I recently saw the program "The Other Final", which showed the bottom 2 FIFA teams, Bhutan and Montserrat playing their hearts out and sharing a "split" World Cup at the end of the match, it got me thinking, they are playing for the joy of it, they are both "winners" in the end.

So perhaps someday, success will not be tied to material possessions, but rather, the satisfaction that one has done their very best. And perhaps that will have to begin within ourselves.

Your thoughts please.

Is happiness really so important? Are there other things to live for?

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
In search of more lasting happiness for others, sometimes the trick is not to think about what you are doing. It will lead to longer lasting experience for both parties.

Breathing is also an important aspect. Breathe normally to avoid excitement.

Exercise regularly also to ensure that you will be able to last longer for enjoyment of both parties.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Your thoughts please.

You are realising that you have a sinkie habit, which is good and you have taken steps to unsinkified yourself. unlike some others who keeps on denying.

Feel sourgrape of others success is a nurtured sinkie behavior. Trying to learn from the more successful one and the way he runs his life to become what he is today. Or maybe he does things differently.

jw5

Loyal

Your thoughts please.
Life is about entertaining yourself.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is happiness really so important? Are there other things to live for?

Yes, happiness is important, and the "other things to live for" contribute to happiness.

"Unhappiness" is the pursuit of and failure to obtain things to fulfil an unrealistic definition of happiness. :smile:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
A happy life is one where you can do all the happy things that you would like to do as well as NOT doing things that you hate to do !!

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, happiness is important, and the "other things to live for" contribute to happiness.

"Unhappiness" is the pursuit of and failure to obtain things to fulfil an unrealistic definition of happiness. :smile:

You mean not wanting what you have and not satisfied with what you got.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your thoughts please.

what is happiness? is happiness peace or joy or a feeling of elation? is it temporal or eternal?

do you think the goals you set for yourself is worthwhile to pursue, will you have to give up something/someone to reach your objective? will there be an expense? i mean if there's a trade off how could there be happiness, because you have compromised your happiness?

will you get satisfactions after you achieved your goals? for how long will you be satisfied? most of the time it's temporal and will gradually fade away, because it may end up like "hey, it's no big deal".

so at the end, you may ask yourself, i do so much, for what?

ever lasting peace and joy and contentment in life is a better road to take.

Last edited:

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happiness is found more often in the process of seeking for it rather than an objective found. Objectives found only provide fleeting happiness followed by an abyss of emptiness and uncertainty that could lead to hate and depression.