• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Reuban Wang Story & the future of Singapore

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There may have even been certain instances where he really didn't know the answer to the question.

That's right. No one knows everything from A to Z except our learned bro GMS! Ramseth too.

I opine the issue here is one that involves honesty and integrity. The mighty TCH could have admitted he did not have the answers to questions asked. None of the students would have faulted him for that. They might even be impressed that despite his high standing as DPM and previous posts held, he was humble enough to acknowledge he simply did not have the right answers. Nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed. Therefore, there was absolutely no need to side step the questions. Maybe, just maybe, side stepping questions and issues a DNA of the MIWs?

I suspect TCH underestimated the qualities of some of our JC students. With his background, unlikely TCH was ever challenged previously. Everything went smoothly for him since birth. Now, suddenly kena from a JC student. Luckily for TCH and S'pore, he did not faint. If an ex-Rear Admiral and Minister of Defence faints from questions asked during a JC seminar, S'pore would be THE laughing stock on planet earth.

I worry not for Reuben. I worry for S'pore. If a DPM could not take control of a JC seminar, how is he going to take charge of a country? How on earth did he passed his test as Minister of Defence and his previous role in the Navy? TCH is fast becoming a big joke. I thought his lowest point was during the BE in HG. Looks like I was wrong. Let's all pray it won't get worse. Amen.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pyramid club is a somewhat subdued name , sounds like a Masonic lodge. They should have called it top of the pyramid club. More honest.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As seen from the results of the last two elections (in Hougang and for the President),more than 60% of Singaporeans are discontended with the ruling party.The fact that even teenagers are openly voicing it right in front of a DPM must have made the PAP very uncomfortable.

The issue is when will the same 60% vote against the PAP in a general election?
The politics of intimidation is getting less and less effective and we should all play our part by keeping the momentum alive.

The forest is already very dry and just need a small spark to start a fire.
Could that be the old man's death?

Last edited: