• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The politics thread :)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citizens must come first in a 6 to 6.9m population. My admittedly radical suggestions are as follows:-

1) Ban all work permit holders from driving sedans/MPVs in SG.

2) PRs must convert to SG within 3 years of HDB flat purchase, or resell back to HDB at cost

3) Higher income tax rebates for citizens, and higher income tax rate for foreigners/PRs

4) Yearly levy of S$5k for every dependant brought in, for foreign work permit holders earning below S$15K. Exemption if the foreigner earns > S$15K.

5) Improve transport links (MRTs & roads) with Malaysia via Tuas, Woodlands (2 links) and Punggol. Better to get more Malaysians who are closer to us in culture than PRCs, Pinoys & North Indians.

6) 50% higher road tax for PRs.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If really really high paid jobs tat Sporean cant qualify, then we really need FTs. By all means. And oso no problems with intake of WP..jobs tat Sporeans shy away.

But tere were so so so many EP, S-Pass holders, jobs tat are paid very well, tat can be hold by sporeans...but are given to FTs instead! Wats the point making our children go to Poly or U? Spending so much money. And yet need to compete with the FTs when go for jobs interview?

Why cant it get thru their numbskull? Or they still out of touch with the ppl or simply bo-chap?:rolleyes::mad:

Yeah pointless to make the children study so hard only to have them come out to compete with foreigners who have it easy from unknown and unaccredited colleges from anywhere and everywhere, not to mention fake diploma and degrees.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citizens must come first in a 6 to 6.9m population. My admittedly radical suggestions are as follows:-

1) Ban all work permit holders from driving sedans/MPVs in SG.

2) PRs must convert to SG within 3 years of HDB flat purchase, or resell back to HDB at cost

3) Higher income tax rebates for citizens, and higher income tax rate for foreigners/PRs

4) Yearly levy of S$5k for every dependant brought in, for foreign work permit holders earning below S$15K. Exemption if the foreigner earns > S$15K.

5) Improve transport links (MRTs & roads) with Malaysia via Tuas, Woodlands (2 links) and Punggol. Better to get more Malaysians who are closer to us in culture than PRCs, Pinoys & North Indians.

6) 50% higher road tax for PRs.

Wow your suggestions for sure will not garner any support from foreigners and pro-foreigners here, especially people who become PRs for the benefit of buying property aka HDB :smile: I think your suggestions are all feasible but will never materialise under PAP who classified PRs as locals, not together with foreigners like in your suggestions.

I especially like your suggestion #4, should apply to employment pass holders and PRs too. When I take MRT on Sundays, I have seen many times these PRC, Pinoy, Indian etc elderly dependants travelling and enjoying themselves with their children working and living in SG, a few times the whole clan made up more than 10 of them travelling together.

PAP talked so much about ageing population and yet so many of these elderly are being brought in and using the already strained resources! It is such an irony that local elderly need to work until drop dead in food court while these foreigner elderly are enjoying themselves living in SG :(

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah pointless to make the children study so hard only to have them come out to compete with foreigners who have it easy from unknown and unaccredited colleges from anywhere and everywhere, not to mention fake diploma and degrees.

My ex-colleagues FT went for free part time PHD and master course in NUS and NTU. It's FREE...... and but make locals papa mama pay in full for their children.
They landed working in Oz.
No eye see...

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ex-colleagues FT went for free part time PHD and master course in NUS and NTU. It's FREE...... and but make locals papa mama pay in full for their children.
They landed working in Oz.
No eye see...

Yeah so many mediocre foreigner scholars who can study for free in SG but local have to pay and pay :( Hey I was lunching quite often in NUS last time and so many foreigner students around, definitely more than the 20 percent claimed.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah so many mediocre foreigner scholars who can study for free in SG but local have to pay and pay :( Hey I was lunching quite often in NUS last time and so many foreigner students around, definitely more than the 20 percent claimed.

yrs back, our white paying pinoy (not scholar hor) to study with >$2k allowance. now u know where the $ goes to..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
yrs back, our white paying pinoy (not scholar hor) to study with >$2k allowance. now u know where the $ goes to..

pay pinoy $2k allowance to study while local children from poor families are left to fend for themselves, so many sob stories of these children not enough money to eat/study, cannot go to university, got to work part time, etc.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal

My relative working in NTUC as a cashier for many years as a part timer . She applied many times to be converted to full timer but without success . U know why? Because she is just one head count for NTUC to recruit our FT as full timer . See 家花不要, 要野花。I feel sad because she is only 40 plus, not old right? Her husband and son went to NS to protect the country . In the end , she has to fight with FT for the lowly paid job , and it is only part time job, no employment benefit . Sick must still work ... Work until die ... No other country will want her as PR . Is like a child who has no parent to defend for her ....

一肚子火

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I especially like your suggestion #4, should apply to employment pass holders and PRs too. When I take MRT on Sundays, I have seen many times these PRC, Pinoy, Indian etc elderly dependants travelling and enjoying themselves with their children working and living in SG, a few times the whole clan made up more than 10 of them travelling together.(

Until recently, P1 employment pass holders can also bring their parents-in-law into SG! Imagine 1 guy working but bringing in his parents-in-law, parents, spouse & children! 4 elderly folks, and their criteria was incredibly lax at only $34,000 per year before they tighten up to $144K.

$34k per year to bring in 4 elderly??? That's incredulous.....

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until recently, P1 employment pass holders can also bring their parents-in-law into SG! Imagine 1 guy working but bringing in his parents-in-law, parents, spouse & children! 4 elderly folks, and their criteria was incredibly lax at only $34,000 per year before they tighten up to $144K.

$34k per year to bring in 4 elderly??? That's incredulous.....

Wow ... No wonder we have ageing population issue . I even see the FT elders 'fighting' with rag-and-bone man's rice bowl .

Once, I saw an old Chinese woman pushing empty baby trolley in Jurong Point, she kept looking at me. I ignored her and sat on the bench for long time . I think she could not wait for me to go away anymore and quickly took a whole stack of brand new brochures and put inside her trolley . Alamak , she was stealing the brochures so that she could sell them as used paper. I watched her and also saw her picking up recyclable items from dustbins . This is the social problem that these FT brought here . 伤脑筋啊!:*:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually some correction on my figures. P1 pass holder can now bring in their parents provided they earn $8k per mth. Which is still better than the old policy i guess.....haiz

$12k is for personalised employment pass (PEP). At least the Govt realises the follies of their screwed policies last time.......

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually some correction on my figures. P1 pass holder can now bring in their parents provided they earn $8k per mth. Which is still better than the old policy i guess.....haiz

$12k is for personalised employment pass (PEP). At least the Govt realises the follies of their screwed policies last time.......

Still very lax at $8k per month. I think they should disallow this totally for employment pass holders, in other countries like Australia, to begin with their employment pass is already very difficult to get and then I never heard can bring in whole clan base on employment pass. Any expert knows?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore plans rare protest as population debate rages

Yeah saw 16 Feb but no time indicated. Must go to support such protest, more people more power. WP should organise lah, instead of an individual doing so.

430 pm 16 feb at Hong Lim Park. Permit received liao for this protest but I think less than 1,000 people will turn up one.....

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If 55,000 turn up, just like good old day Selangor vs Singapore soccer final.

Then and only then the ruling elite will stood up and listen.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah saw 16 Feb but no time indicated. Must go to support such protest, more people more power. WP should organise lah, instead of an individual doing so.

Hmm...if LTK is tere, definitely our semengat will be raised ya..:biggrin: